Oklahoma Senators Repeatedly Opposed Disaster Relief Funds

20 May 2013 20:04 #1 by LadyJazzer
And while the GOTP works itself into a frenzy trying hang something--anything--around the president's neck, (which they are apparently at a loss to do, so far), and while working on that "laser-like focus on jobs, jobs, jobs" :rofllol , it turns out that Inhofe and Coburn have a bit of a dilemma on their hands of their own making:

Oklahoma Senators Jim Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Face Difficult Options On Disaster Relief

WASHINGTON -- As frantic rescue missions continued Monday in Oklahoma following the catastrophic tornadoes that ripped through the state, it appeared increasingly likely that residents who lost homes and businesses would turn to the federal government for emergency disaster aid. That could put the state's two Republican senators in an awkward position.

Sens. Jim Inhofe and Tom Coburn, both Republicans, are fiscal hawks who have repeatedly voted against funding disaster aid for other parts of the country. They also have opposed increased funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which administers federal disaster relief.

Late last year, Inhofe and Coburn both backed a plan to slash disaster relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy. In a December press release, Coburn complained that the Sandy Relief bill contained "wasteful spending," and identified a series of items he objected to, including "$12.9 billion for future disaster mitigation activities and studies."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... f=politics

Boy, payback is a b*tch, ain't it?.... I wonder if they'll vote against funding disaster aid again?... I mean, by the time they go through the tax returns of all of the people who just got wiped out, and figure out which ones are the "takers" and which ones are the "makers", and find a way to make sure that only the "Right" people get any funds, and exclude the ones that don't fit the Randroid profile, that'll take forever...Maybe the rest of Oklahoma will forget?

Oh, and here's a place to insert an Obama/IRS reference: _ Wouldn't want you to pass up an opportunity to deflect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2013 20:20 #2 by FredHayek
Amazed to see you delighting in the misfortune of others...again. Rolling on the floor in laughter as they prepare to bury dozens of unfortunate souls. :smackshead: Classy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 May 2013 20:32 #3 by LadyJazzer
Hardly...But I can always count on you to "take the bait"....

How classy was it to vote against disaster aid for two other major disasters? How many souls were buried in the storm's aftermath in other states because they wouldn't part with the money? How classy is it to vote to cut $20 BILLION in food stamps for the needy and hungry...And now one of the Virginia wackos is trying to criminalize miscarriages...

Classy...

20 May 2013 20:51 #4 by FredHayek
The people of Oklahoma will dig out, they have been fighters and survivors for centuries despite your hatred for them. Just doing what Rahm told you to, never let a crisis go to waste to use it politically. Very sad.
While others search for survivors and send donations, you cackle.

Go check what Lizz Winstead, Daily Show creator said about how the conservatives of Oklahoma deserved their fates. She is right up your alley, Liz, LJ, & Pat Robertson.

20 May 2013 20:58 #5 by LadyJazzer
I use sarcasm to point out that the teabagger Senators from Oklahoma have dug themselves a deep hole and their expected treatment of others may come back to haunt them...

If you want to try to twist my words into something else, be my guest... I would expect little more from you, and personal attacks is more your forte than mine.

20 May 2013 21:17 #6 by FredHayek
Silly me, I should have just ignored your classless post like everyone else did. :smackshead:

20 May 2013 22:00 #7 by FOS
Fred....I am disappointed in you. The trash didn't even deserve a review much less a comment.
51 lost today. 20 so far are children. Those numbers will surely grow.
American citizens who deserve our thoughts and prayers.

21 May 2013 05:51 #8 by FredHayek
And the title was also a lie. The OK senators are fine approving disaster relief under a PAYGO system. Want to send relief to Superstorm Sandy victims? Cut pork somewhere else or raise taxes. Imagine that fiscal responsibility. And the good Senator Coburn is excellent at finding overspending to cut.

21 May 2013 06:07 #9 by Reverend Revelant
And before Lady Jazzer start spewing more bile about climate change causing these tornadoes, I'll put a stop to that right now. There is NO scientific or meteorological correlation at ALL. End of story.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

21 May 2013 08:08 - 21 May 2013 08:11 #10 by archer
I really don't care much how you think I look, like I said I made my post on this tragedy in the appropriate thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I can see that you will be delighted to do so in the most disgusting way possible, the OP was about the 2 Oklahoma Senators.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds