an ultimatum

01 Jul 2013 12:51 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic an ultimatum
Clinton caving into Madeline Albright and bombing Yugoslavia?
Obama caving into McCain and declaring a no-fly zone in Libya so Islamic radicals would have a haven.

"W", with bipartisan congressional support, invading Afghanistan and Iraq.
(Note much lower casualties than the Kennedy/LBJ/Nixon Vietnam war or the Truman Korean war.)

But back on topic, I think Obama will keep his hands off this time and not give the "thumbs down" message that Hillary did to Mubarak.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2013 12:54 #12 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic an ultimatum
Gee, Fred, you get more irrelevant every day.

01 Jul 2013 14:04 #13 by FredHayek
Do you have anything productive to add to the thread about the Egyptian protests? Or are you just going to be like Obama and keep quiet?

01 Jul 2013 14:13 - 01 Jul 2013 15:08 #14 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic an ultimatum
Oh, I'm waiting for you to enlighten us about the Spanish-American War, and World-War I, and the Boer War, and anything else you can try to deflect to, since you don't have anything to add to THIS discussion...

Please, continue.... Since you have such a short attention-span, (and that seems to be limited to using the names of Democratic politicians in an irrelevant sentence), I'll repeat my initial comment:

No, I mean Morsi in Egypt... If you'd like to start another irrelevant thread about Truman, Kennedy or LBJ, feel free to do so. You don't seem to have anything else to add. But don't forget the two unnecessary, unpaid-for wars that Bush started in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You're in that hole again...You should stop digging. :Whistle

01 Jul 2013 14:34 #15 by FredHayek
Really? I am the irrelevant one? That is rich.

Per AP, it sounds like this is going to get worse before better. All outgoing flights to Europe are full of the Egyptians who can afford to flee. And Euros and Americans are also getting out. State Department is advising against traveling to the country.

03 Jul 2013 19:29 #16 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic an ultimatum
RECAP: Egyptian Military Ousts Morsi, Suspends Constitution

By Noah Rayman and Andrew Katz @TIMEWorldJuly 03, 2013114 Comments

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/07/03/recap- ... z2Y2IVjsPA

04 Jul 2013 00:11 #17 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic an ultimatum
Yet another failed foreign policy play during amateur hour at the White House. Obama abandoned Mubarak and now it appears that that he will have to abandon Morsi. One can't help but wonder who is going to end up controlling all that military hardware that the current administration buttressed Morsi's rule with.

04 Jul 2013 08:25 #18 by Blazer Bob
http://www.debka.com/

"The putsch which Wednesday, July 3, overthrew Mohamed Morsi set back the Obama administration’s sponsorship of the Muslim Brotherhood as a moderate partner for its Middle East policies. debkafile: The Egyptian military could not have managed their clockwork coup without Saudi and Dubai aid in intelligence and funding. They aimed to put a spoke in the US-sponsored Arab revolt, as well as settle long scores with Barack Obama. Morsi’s downfall has far-reaching significance for Israel, most immediately easing the security threat from the South and a disaster for Hamas.
More> "...

04 Jul 2013 08:56 #19 by FredHayek
Interesting take. I also read that the Egyptian military has met with the US seeking approval for the overthrow earlier this week.

06 Jul 2013 08:09 #20 by Blazer Bob
[youtube:gedjxxjo]
[/youtube:gedjxxjo]

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds