Rodeo Clown impersonates Obama - Banned for Life

16 Aug 2013 07:14 #41 by gmule
I guess freedom of speech only applies if the liberals like the content. :Whistle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2013 12:43 #42 by Reverend Revelant
Obama Plays Convincing Obama in a Skit Mocking Clinton [/b][/i]

Barack Obama shed his Obama mask on “Saturday Night Live.” Darrell Hammond and Amy Poehler were the Clintons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/05/us/po ... .html?_r=0

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

21 Aug 2013 23:18 #43 by Moonchild
I guess this is a little bit of old news, but I was grateful for the perspective that this author was trying to convey.

And, yes, reaction has been overblown to the point of silliness, but there are lessons, nonetheless. We could stand to tone down our political expression for the sake of all our daughters and sons, who bear witness to these events and must make sense of their world. Perhaps more to the point, we might try to take ourselves more lightly.
Parker: Obama rodeo stunt: Just clowning around?
http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_2 ... ing-around

22 Aug 2013 06:57 #44 by FredHayek
Interesting, a rodeo clown gets more replies than a hate/boredom killing of a foreign national by gangbangers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Aug 2013 08:38 #45 by Wayne Harrison
Murders happen all the time, Fred. It's a consequence of our gun-filled society (and lack of proper parenting). In this case, the killers were caught quickly and charged.

22 Aug 2013 08:40 #46 by FredHayek
Lots of comedians make fun of conservative politicians but don't lost their jobs over it.

22 Aug 2013 09:03 #47 by Wayne Harrison
Did he lose his job or did the MIssouri State Fair (which only runs a few weeks once a year) ban him from their rodeos for life? There is a distinct difference.

If you're against that, why do you think the Missouri State Rodeo shouldn't be able to take that action? Do you think someone should step in and intervene on the clown's behalf? (other than the President of the United States)

As far as your comedian analogy, it would be like a particular venue banning a comedian. It wouldn't mean they couldn't still work elsewhere.

22 Aug 2013 09:52 #48 by FredHayek
I think the Missouri State Fair over-reacted. How about suspending him for the rest of the season? They were probably worried that partisan IRS agents were going to target them with audits if they didn't come down hard on the clown.

22 Aug 2013 10:29 #49 by Wayne Harrison
Take it up with the Missouri State Fair.

And drop the "partisan IRS" BS, too. That's been blown out of the water. The IRS targeted both sides.

22 Aug 2013 10:42 #50 by FredHayek
They didn't not target both sides equally and you know that. The people attracted to careers in the IRS are Dems and they enjoy using their power to go after conservatives.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds