Can a Republican Win 270 Electoral Votes in 2016...or Ever?

20 Aug 2013 17:35 #21 by homeagain
LJ, BUT don't you think the general populace will "speak their mind" and reject the status quo?
I think status quo has become SO stagnant that by the time this unwinds (elections) people
will have been saturated and just MIGHT step out of the norm.....(of course, the brilliance in
predicting is preposterous at best).... tongue:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2013 17:36 #22 by Rick
Romney wasn't a teaparty guy and he got the nomination.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Aug 2013 18:48 #23 by LadyJazzer

homeagain wrote: LJ, BUT don't you think the general populace will "speak their mind" and reject the status quo?
I think status quo has become SO stagnant that by the time this unwinds (elections) people
will have been saturated and just MIGHT step out of the norm.....(of course, the brilliance in
predicting is preposterous at best).... tongue:

No... I think the extremists will keep on primarying anyone that doesn't fit their profile, and they'll continue to march off the cliff like lemmings... They'll run another Mourdock, or Akin, or Angle, or McDonnell... They won't allow someone moderate like Christie win the primary... And since the Republicans have closed-primaries, the "general populace" will only get to vote on the extremist that walks away with the primary...

Do NOT assume that they've "learned their lesson" with the RMoney fiasco... They still think going further and further to the right is the solution...

20 Aug 2013 19:00 #24 by LadyJazzer
This is what they are running against Lamar Alexander:

I are from the TeaParty, and I are here to primary you... lol

(Hey, for the folks who made the sign, remember YOU ONLY HAD ONE JOB....) For the folks who should have proof-read the sign before posting, you only had one job to do, too... lol

Oh, and insert the standard "they did it too" here: __

20 Aug 2013 19:32 #25 by chickaree
I am hopeful that we learned our lesson the last time. We tossed the reasonable guys out early and were left with the "flavor of the week" whackos like Bachman and Perry. It was a painful time to be a conservative. I'm hoping I'm not in the minority this time when I say that we need a candidate who is focused on our economy and not our "morality". I don't need a politician to preach to me, I go to church for that. I also am tired of having my rights stripped in the name of national security. A candidate that honestly addresses these issues will get my support.

20 Aug 2013 20:29 #26 by Wayne Harrison

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds