Can a Republican Win 270 Electoral Votes in 2016...or Ever?

18 Aug 2013 10:02 #1 by Wayne Harrison
An inconvenient truth:

After totaling the electoral votes in all the terminally blue states, an inconvenient math emerges, providing even a below average Democrat presidential candidate a potential starting advantage of 246. Here are the states and their votes:

CA (55), NY (29), PA (20), IL (20), MI (16), NJ (14), WA (12), MA (11), MN (10), WI (10), MD (10), CT (7), OR (7), HI (4), ME (4), NH (4), RT (4), VT (3), DE (3), DC (3).

Let me repeat, if only for the shock value: 246 votes out of 270 is 91 percent. That means the Democrat candidate needs to win only 24 more votes out of the remaining 292. (There are a total of 538 electoral votes.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -ever.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2013 10:10 #2 by BaconLover
Republicans need to change their message. In my opinion they've done a poor job responding to the changing demographics of America. Republicans are selling buggy whips to a motorized population.

18 Aug 2013 10:51 - 18 Aug 2013 18:17 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
The Party is dieing.

18 Aug 2013 17:07 #4 by LadyJazzer

18 Aug 2013 17:54 #5 by deltamrey
IMHO.....the dumbed down American voters will probably elect the Radical Clinton.......almost a given. The goal is to expand control of the house and control the Senate (that starts 2014.)

A "Swift Boat" asctin is in full motion (and $$$$) to make Slick's spouse pay for Bengahzi......that could be her biggest problem.....we killed Kerry's bid.....pay attention.

18 Aug 2013 18:15 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
:wave: A little too much beer today huh Deltaray?

lol

18 Aug 2013 18:24 #7 by deltamrey
Just one Bud (USA horsepiss).... : ))

18 Aug 2013 19:04 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

deltamrey wrote: Just one Bud (USA horsepiss).... : ))

I used to be a beer snob too...I scoffed at good beers like Sam Adams, but now i'm drinking Miller Lite

I just like it!

18 Aug 2013 19:10 #9 by deltamrey
I had way too much good European brews......my taste buds really see USA Horsepiss as water....the craft brewers are getting better....

Hillary will win 2016.......unless she cannot fend off the SEALS in Imperial Beach (Salty Frog crowd)...do not underestimate the SEALS.....

18 Aug 2013 19:36 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

deltamrey wrote: I had way too much good European brews......my taste buds really see USA Horsepiss as water....the craft brewers are getting better....

We brewed the finest clones for years using the best grain and our own hops..And we drank nothing but the best, but I lost my love for expensive high ingredient brews...Maybe when it gets cold again

some of my old favorites

Chimay blue clone

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds