ObamaCares works!

09 Sep 2013 15:30 #51 by archer
Replied by archer on topic ObamaCares works!
Wouldn't that be economic rationing of healthcare? You can get your child cured of cancer... or fix his heart problem.... But you can't do both unless you are wealthy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2013 15:35 #52 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ObamaCares works!

archer wrote: Wouldn't that be economic rationing of healthcare? You can get your child cured of cancer... or fix his heart problem.... But you can't do both unless you are wealthy.

Yes, it would be. But the same thing happens in England. People try to get elective surgery scheduled early in the year when the hospitals still have money left in their budgets.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Sep 2013 15:46 #53 by archer
I don't see the similarity.....

It sure would be nice to have a source for that claim.... Why would a person's surgery depend on a hospitals budget?

09 Sep 2013 15:57 #54 by Something the Dog Said
A close friend of mine hit her $1 million limit at age 30 after going through two bouts of cancer. Would you condemn her to no more health care for the rest of her life? On the other hand, I have reached my annual deductible only once in fifty years. I am fine with averaging out our actuarial health care costs. Insurance companies have it down to a fine science. What we are seeing with the increased pool of participants in the health insurance pool is a huge slowdown in the annual rate of increase in both health care premiums and in medical costs, even greater than predicted. What is really sad is in states such as Texas and Oklahoma who have the largest percentage of uninsured individuals in the country and are actively trying to prevent their residents from access to the health care exchanges. This just keeps the cost of health care higher in those areas as the cost of the uninsured health care is passed on in the form of higher medical costs and higher insurance premiums, not to factor in the loss of productivity from those individuals who do not have access to preventive health care.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

09 Sep 2013 19:09 #55 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ObamaCares works!

archer wrote: I don't see the similarity.....

It sure would be nice to have a source for that claim.... Why would a person's surgery depend on a hospitals budget?

Each hospital only gets a certain budget when they run out of funds they have to trim services. In the US hospitals make money usually providing services. In the UK it is the reverse.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Sep 2013 19:27 #56 by archer
After much googling all I could find was that UK hospital budgets were tied to medical results and patient satisfaction, not to number of patients seen or any finite amount of services performed, nor could I find any mention of hospital slowdowns near the end of the year. So again.... Do you have a source for your allegations?

09 Sep 2013 20:01 #57 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic ObamaCares works!
...and children with pediatric cancer, and or leukemia, or congenital heart defects, or....

You don't like it, Fred?...Don't buy it.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in your Randroid "I've got mine---screw you" politics of elitism.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.... October 1st is only 3 weeks away...And January 1st, it ALL goes into effect... But you keep complaining, Fred... It looks good on you.

10 Sep 2013 00:19 #58 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ObamaCares works!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaXYwDQLJUfO20AptEJk9f0PQtRlzxAHIEBIjqODgK1A5oYxwi

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Sep 2013 06:25 #59 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic ObamaCares works!
According to the CBO, the ACA will save us money....

...as long as we don't implement the individual mandate. If you would like to see the source, simply look at the CBO's report.

I am now thinking the ACA is a response to the fact that TV stations and Cable companies just keep playing the same content. Really, if HBO did not have a habit of playing the same movies over and over during the course of each month for 20 years, our govt would not of had to do this for entertainment.

I think it is time to call it the AJA. The American Joke Act.

This is political religion folks. People are just speculating and it is your wealth they are doing it with.

When did individuals loose the ability to better themselves?

10 Sep 2013 06:39 #60 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic ObamaCares works!

LadyJazzer wrote: ...and children with pediatric cancer, and or leukemia, or congenital heart defects, or....

You don't like it, Fred?...Don't buy it.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in your Randroid "I've got mine---screw you" politics of elitism.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.... October 1st is only 3 weeks away...And January 1st, it ALL goes into effect... But you keep complaining, Fred... It looks good on you.

It is so funny that they have spun forcing people to pay for themselves as being selfless.

We are not saying we are going to take care of these people. We are saying we are going to force them to buy some basic product so that LJ feels better. These are two very different things. But be clear, the priority is that LJ feels better, oh yeah, and the massive companies she is marketing for constantly. Marketing to have you punished if you don't shop with them and buy the products she wants, I mean they want, I mean she wants, I mean whatever they tell her she wants for you.

But she got to say Randrioid, so she got her little O and again did not use logic, just 2nd grade name calling, again and again and again and again. The "I've got mine---screw you" is exactly what you are marketing for the health insurance companies. The mine, btw is your money. And no one sounds more like a robot than the ACA marketers, you sound like little cult followers, no information, but eternal allegiance.

History will play this out. Just about everyone did a 180 on our response to 9-11. The reason this was delayed so long even from the onset is how bad it is going to feel. If it was going to feel good, we would not be delaying. It is only going to take a few years for LJ and her minions to look exactly like those that supported invading Iraq.

Hopefully things will be delayed another few years so we can get past these money mongering, war loving leaders and get back to spending our resources the way we see fit. If you want to take care of the helpless, come up with a welfare program, don't force them to buy what you want them to have so you feel better.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds