ObamaCares works!

11 Sep 2013 13:17 #71 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic ObamaCares works!

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: If the Republicans can take back the Senate, hopefully they can start dismantling the worst part of these new laws, piece by piece.

That IS what most Republicans in congress are all about, destroy whatever you can and don't worry about having a plan of their own, THAT might actually take some work and planning on their part and so far they show no inclination to do either one.

Don't forget they want to drink dirty water and breath dirty air, kill old people, and dismember small furry animals for fun.

Ah drat... I missed the memo about dismembering small furry animals. I'm always a day late and a dollar short (that should give Archer a BIG opening).

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2013 14:23 #72 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ObamaCares works!

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: If the Republicans can take back the Senate, hopefully they can start dismantling the worst part of these new laws, piece by piece.

That IS what most Republicans in congress are all about, destroy whatever you can and don't worry about having a plan of their own, THAT might actually take some work and planning on their part and so far they show no inclination to do either one.

Guess which President created the EPA? It wasn't a Democrat.
:pop
Guess which President signed Medicare Part "D"? Once again, not a Democrat.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Sep 2013 15:11 #73 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic ObamaCares works!
And did you know that if you rub a chicken's belly it will go to sleep?....

I just thought since we were off into the weeds again with irrelevant comments, I would add one.

11 Sep 2013 15:12 #74 by archer
Replied by archer on topic ObamaCares works!

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote:

Guess which President created the EPA? It wasn't a Democrat.
:pop
Guess which President signed Medicare Part "D"? Once again, not a Democrat.

Really? Are either of them republicans in congress right now?

11 Sep 2013 15:27 #75 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ObamaCares works!
They do pass plans of their own that Harry Reid doesn't even let the senators vote on.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Sep 2013 21:17 #76 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic ObamaCares works!

LadyJazzer wrote:

on that note wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: ...and children with pediatric cancer, and or leukemia, or congenital heart defects, or....

You don't like it, Fred?...Don't buy it.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in your Randroid "I've got mine---screw you" politics of elitism.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.... October 1st is only 3 weeks away...And January 1st, it ALL goes into effect... But you keep complaining, Fred... It looks good on you.

It is so funny that they have spun forcing people to pay for themselves as being selfless.

We are not saying we are going to take care of these people. We are saying we are going to force them to buy some basic product so that LJ feels better. These are two very different things. But be clear, the priority is that LJ feels better, oh yeah, and the massive companies she is marketing for constantly. Marketing to have you punished if you don't shop with them and buy the products she wants, I mean they want, I mean she wants, I mean whatever they tell her she wants for you.

But she got to say Randrioid, so she got her little O and again did not use logic, just 2nd grade name calling, again and again and again and again. The "I've got mine---screw you" is exactly what you are marketing for the health insurance companies. The mine, btw is your money. And no one sounds more like a robot than the ACA marketers, you sound like little cult followers, no information, but eternal allegiance.

History will play this out. Just about everyone did a 180 on our response to 9-11. The reason this was delayed so long even from the onset is how bad it is going to feel. If it was going to feel good, we would not be delaying. It is only going to take a few years for LJ and her minions to look exactly like those that supported invading Iraq.

Hopefully things will be delayed another few years so we can get past these money mongering, war loving leaders and get back to spending our resources the way we see fit. If you want to take care of the helpless, come up with a welfare program, don't force them to buy what you want them to have so you feel better.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.... October 1st is only 3 weeks away...And January 1st, it ALL goes into effect... But you keep complaining... It looks good on you.

I know, I know come Jan 1st....it's mission accomplished. Every one of your posts seems to emphasize that there is no difference between our political parties. They want what they want and they want it now, and if they don't get it they will say they got it anyway.

The effects of people not being able to use their resources to better their lives will compound over time. This problem was created by those that insulated us from the price value connection in medicine, folks that were too dumb or lazy to evaluate the person they went to for medical care. So don't say I am saying the bad stuff will come in the future. The weak people crying to govt to save them created this problem of overpriced medicine. The problem is already here, overprice medicine, your ACA is the intermediate solution to the fact the the problem has already compounded. You solution will only accelerate the problem. But just like dumping endlessly into the ocean or the air, perhaps we will get a better solution by making it worse so people really react. Perhaps I am wrong and we will get the universal care quicker because the ACA will fail so bad.

This is why we "need" the ACA in the first place...but why did costs get so high, professional licensing folks, you did not want to have to check to see if your doctor is qualified, so you accepted licensing but did not realize that it was meaningless, except to further remove you from price. You decided medicine was a right, the doctors knew it was a business. They charged whatever they wanted and because you felt like it was a right, to defend it you paid whatever they charged, literally got to the point where you did not even know the price before you buy. When you shop at stores with no price tags, you are screwed and so is everyone that comes behind you. If you want to have to pay way more than something is worth, come up with a license - the market for the item will go into a tizzy and never level out again (health care, plumbers, police, builders, etc.). Then when you want to solve the problem you created out of nothing, create a program that wont solve it so you can employ people solving the tertiary problem you created, this can go on for as long as we have numbers or the citizens have money to reallocate to someone with more influence....like a doctor, you know the guy that graduated last at med school and just passed the boards, after 9 tries.

Again, all we have to do is wait, wait long enough for this to fail and for you to blur what the goals were in the first place. Most recently it was not health, it was that all the people bought into insurance. Most recently, it was not that we help the needy, it is that they pay their fair share. Just to be clear, the goal is not to get health care to the needy. It is to get insurance company billing paid...so that the price of doctoring will never be questioned.

11 Sep 2013 22:58 #77 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic ObamaCares works!

...why did costs get so high, professional licensing folks...

You can spit out more simplistic bullsh*t "cause/effect" crap per column-inch than anyone I've ever seen. Is that another "Glenn Beck"-ism?

Tick-tock, tick-tock.... October 1st is only 2-1/2 weeks away...And January 1st, it ALL goes into effect... But you keep complaining... It looks good on you.

12 Sep 2013 07:43 #78 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic ObamaCares works!

LadyJazzer wrote:

...why did costs get so high, professional licensing folks...

You can spit out more simplistic bullsh*t "cause/effect" crap per column-inch than anyone I've ever seen. Is that another "Glenn Beck"-ism?

Tick-tock, tick-tock.... October 1st is only 2-1/2 weeks away...And January 1st, it ALL goes into effect... But you keep complaining... It looks good on you.

If you had any analytical skill you would understand that the first day is not the day you evaluate the effectiveness of a public force program. You need to wait a little while, let it come to equilibrium.

Again, your response pretty much was mission accomplished. The mission was getting your way, your way being my money goes to the insurance companies you have now allied with in opposition to you fellow countrymen and women.

What is Tick tock like Randriod, something you say just to get off but has not real meaning?

And I am complaining, I don't want to fire people, lower salaries, etc. But as you allocate the public's money away from all activities except paying for health insurance - literally the definition of the ACA. THis is what is going to happen on some small scale to everyone not in the health industry. I am not in this industry, you may not be too. So my world and my employees world will have less money in it, we will have to divide it in a new way and we all get less....and to be specific, to fix the problem, the doctor's get more. This implies people were not getting the health care they need because doctor's were not getting enough business or charging enough.

LJ, your ACA is one of the things keeping the wages down in McDs too. But it's ok, you can be naked, with nothing in the UT desert and still claim you have a cake and you are eating it. The money everyone now spends on their new required health insurance will not be spent at McDs, it will be spent at Daimler Benz by some very rich people. I bet you have a soln, just print more money to pay them.

I am fine with waiting, I hope you are right and by Jan 2nd all our US health issues are addressed and we can say mission accomplished. P.S. it was not long ago that we paid off WWII, my sense is that the financial consequences of the ACA will go out beyond the 1st of next year, but maybe you are right and in that one day, it will all come to play and the forever reputation of the ACA can be put into the history books as solving america's health price crisis in one day.

What is your cause effect for why doctor's charge many time more than something is worth to the point where it is not affordable and we need this response? Why is this not happening in other sectors? Why is your food still affordable, but medicine is not? Why not use the ACA methods to solve other govt funding issues? Why not talk about the meat of the issue in stead of making fun of that as looking at cause and effect, like that is bad vs. just forcing people to put money where you want?

Have fun at your new years'/ACA party. Make sure to get the food inspected.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds