POLL WATCHER? No way!!!

10 Aug 2010 07:56 #1 by Nmysys
A number of people have expressed concerns about how fair the ballot count will be for today's Primary Election. Having been approached and asked by a number of other concerned citizens, I went to Hutchison's Lumber this morning and was definitely recognized by name by the people with badges manning the polls. I presented my identification and was then told that I had to go to the substation in Bailey to have the form signed by an Election Official. I decided that I didn't want to leave the Polling place and instead called the Clerk's office in Fairplay and was told that I had to have the form signed by Debra Green prior to last Friday evening. I stated that was fine and I would just post online the fact that I was not allowed to observe that the polling place allowed nothing untoward to occur, and I was asked," who is this" and hung up my cellphone, which by the way shows the caller ID to everyone.

So the Primary Election goes on and concerned citizens who have not complied with this confusing issue may NOT attend in any fashion to be Poll Watchers. Curious?? Disconcerting, IMHO, yes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 08:02 #2 by RHT08
Replied by RHT08 on topic POLL WATCHER? No way!!!
AND THIS SUPRISES YOU HOW????? YOU KNOW HOW THINGS WORK UP HERE!!!! THATS WHY WE NEED ALL INCUMBENTS OUT!!!!!! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS KINDA STUFF!!!!!

10 Aug 2010 08:05 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic POLL WATCHER? No way!!!
No, it does not surprise me. Yes, I know how things work up here. I was trying to be level headed in posting this for those who do not know how things work up here.

10 Aug 2010 08:16 #4 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Well, well, well..... and so it begins..... for the non-believers of the voting fraud, please pay close attention to this thread today.

Just an FYI: I was signed up, filled in my paperwork, jumped through all the hoops to be a "voting judge" this time around. Deb Greene threw my application away for some reason, they couldn't locate it, guess it was because of my last name.

Also, I checked on the SOS website in regards to "being registered to vote". According to the SOS, we've been registered since 04'. Last time there was a "Sheriff" election in 07', my husband and myself went to the polls to cast our votes. Low and behold, our names were'nt on the registered voters list. Again, our last name gave away whom we would be voting for. Coinsidence???? I think not!!! :WWE:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, WE HAVE GOT TO TAKE OUR COUNTY BACK!!!!!!! VOTE TODAY FOR CHANGE!!!!!!

10 Aug 2010 08:43 #5 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic POLL WATCHER? No way!!!
In defense of the system, though I hate to admit it, not to stop the fervor that is interested in taking back our county, I have checked the Colorado Statutes and they are right. The Colorado State Statutes do say exactly what I was told. I don't want to be accused at any time of being an alarmist without facts.

10 Aug 2010 09:44 #6 by ColoradoXprss
I too went to cast my ballot and was going to be a "poll watcher" and was told I wasn't needed..there were too many people there and no others where needed. Hmmpphhhhhhhhhh....so typical of this county. To top it all off, you have a group of people confirming voters as they come in, provisional ballot voters, etc. and they are scrambling to make calls to get questions answered and contradicting each other on what can and cannot be done......... and then as I walk out I'm told by one of the voting judges that no one will be seeing your ballot and it will get safely to Fairplay to be counted...yeahhh right...a democrat and a repbulican driving together to deliver. I have my validation number to check to MAKE SURE my vote got counted.

10 Aug 2010 09:49 #7 by Local_Historian
I'm not park county, but I'm watching too. IT'll be interesting to see how all this comes out, eh?

10 Aug 2010 10:01 #8 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic POLL WATCHER? No way!!!
well..tonight we will see, should be an interesting election in Park County.

10 Aug 2010 10:08 #9 by Local_Historian
"Interesting" -- such a polite word for the reality of it.

10 Aug 2010 12:44 #10 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic POLL WATCHER? No way!!!
Becky is on her way to Fairplay to get signed forms. As I understand it, she will get as many blank signed forms as she has information for people desiring to be poll watchers. She will meet you later today in Bailey to get the form to you.

Anyone interested in being a poll watcher, please call Becky on her cell phone, 303 349-0315, for further details and to get your name on the list.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds