Mike Rowe Tells It Like It Should Be to Liberals & Conservat

30 Oct 2013 09:52 #11 by RenegadeCJ

Big Dougy wrote: Wow, first that stupid church, now your following this guy like he's a cult leader?

Somethins wrong SC

Serriously

Unlike you VL, some of us actually believe in promoting something that may not have anything financially rewarding to us, but rather something good for future generations. Mike Rowe is doing a vast majority of this at no financial benefit to himself. He is donating his time and energy towards something he (and SC and I agree) feels passionate about. Teaching kids that hard work isn't a bad thing.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2013 09:54 #12 by FredHayek
VL doesn't believe in hard work, he is a union man!
:sarcasm:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Oct 2013 10:00 - 24 Sep 2014 14:43 #13 by
I don't see 3 million great jobs that nobody wants, I see 10,000 people lining up for 100 crappy hotel jobs..I see 10,000 applicants for $9/hour airport jobs, and i've seen literally hundreds of skilled construction workers, dry wallers, framers and even electricians and plumbers take $25/hour baggage handler jobs because the Mexican Nationals have priced them out of their proffession...

Its called real life experience...Not fence sitting bulls***- Don't be fooled by people who pretend to be above it all..I learned that when I was like 10 years old..

#babesinthewoods

30 Oct 2013 10:14 #14 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote: VL doesn't believe in hard work, he is a union man!

Back in the 80's &90's I used to lift 35,000 pounds of mail, everyday, out in the hot sun, and in the bitter cold, for years..It never stopped..I've had 3 rotator cuff tears/repairs, my collar bone was removed on one side and the ligaments in my elbows are now attached with screws..I remember starting in the mornings, everybody was happy and talking, by 11 am everyone shut up, at 1pm it was nothing but grunts and groans, and at 3 we staggered out to our cars and went home..

Then did it again the next day- A man does a lot of thinkin, when he works like that

#lifeexperience

Give me water!

[youtube:3176fe47]
[/youtube:3176fe47]

30 Oct 2013 21:12 #15 by Residenttroll returns

FredHayek wrote: VL doesn't believe in hard work, he is a union man!

VL doesn't believe in hard work, he believes in slipping on a tarmac after throw a bag on a plane and collecting disability payments for life.

30 Oct 2013 22:16 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Nope..I play golf almost everday- Could'nt do that on disability

30 Oct 2013 22:21 #17 by Reverend Revelant

Big Dougy wrote: Nope..I play golf almost everday- Could'nt do that on disability

Really? President Obama does it.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 Oct 2013 22:44 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

Walter L Newton wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Nope..I play golf almost everday- Could'nt do that on disability

Really? President Obama does it.

I can see that comedy writing is not your forte- Let me know if you need me to punch up your next screen play.

My fees are reasonable

31 Oct 2013 00:16 #19 by Jekyll

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Wow, first that stupid church, now your following this guy like he's a cult leader?

Somethins wrong SC

Serriously

Unlike you VL, some of us actually believe in promoting something that may not have anything financially rewarding to us, but rather something good for future generations. Mike Rowe is doing a vast majority of this at no financial benefit to himself. He is donating his time and energy towards something he (and SC and I agree) feels passionate about. Teaching kids that hard work isn't a bad thing.

Double :like: This is why I'll be a welder sooner rather than later, and I'll teach my nieces and nephews this trade later on in life. Oh yea, btw, double :like:

31 Oct 2013 07:35 #20 by netdude

Jekyll wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Somethins wrong SC

Serriously

Double :like: This is why I'll be a welder sooner rather than later, and I'll teach my nieces and nephews this trade later on in life. Oh yea, btw, double :like:

That is a great trade skill. We talked through alternatives to college with my son and we talked about all of the skilled trades out there, electrician, mechanic, plumber and welder were up there as far as his interests... he is 22 and still might go one of those directions. He is taking classes but has no real idea of what he wants to do.

I have done some basic welding and it I found it definitely takes skill to master...

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds