Mike Rowe Tells It Like It Should Be to Liberals & Conservat

29 Oct 2013 14:08 #1 by ScienceChic
It's official, I love this man. His show, Dirty Jobs, is a favorite of mine and my kids. The efforts of his foundation, mikeroweWORKS , I think is exactly the kind of thing we need to focus on to help people get quality jobs so they can support themselves and feel pride in their work and more self-confident in themselves.

When I first saw the question he was asked by one of his viewers complaining about him being on the Glenn Back show, I rolled my eyes and went "Oh brother, here we go again", but I was happily mistaken by the frank honesty, unapologetic explanation for his actions, and determined mission he serves to make life better for others. Then I was even more thrilled when I read his similar reply to someone on the other side of the aisle complaining about him being on Bill Maher's show. Problems aren't solved by maintaining partisanship and I applaud his backbone at not taking the wishy-washy, easy way out just to satisfy both sides because that would result in nothing getting accomplished for his worthy goals.

File Attachment:

I absolutely agree with his answer to a viewer's question "Mike - How could you associate with such a horrible and psychotic person that is Glen Beck? I wouldn't accept a dime off that hateful, nasty racist. Very disappointed to see this post."
[quoteemMike Rowe:mm2wny5s]But the guts of your question - even without all the name-calling and acrimony - reveal the essence of what's broken in our country. You want to know "how I can associate" with someone you don't like? "The short answer is, how can I not? How are we ever going to accomplish anything in this incredibly divisive time if we associate only with people that we don't disagree with?[/quoteem:mm2wny5s]

and the other question
"Mike - Saw you hangin with Bill Maher. I had no idea you were a liberal. Really blew me away. Love everything you do but now that I know who you really are, I won't be tuning in to watch anything your involved with."
[quoteemMike Rowe:mm2wny5s]Truth is, every time I go on Fox, my liberal friends squeal. And every time I show up on MSNBC, my conservative pals whine. Not because they disagree with my position - everyone agrees that closing the skills gap is something that needs to happen. No, these days, people get bent simply if I appear on shows they don't like, or sit too close to people they don't care for.

What's up with that? Is our country so divided that my mere proximity to the "other side" prompts otherwise sensible adults to scoop up their marbles and go home?[/quoteem:mm2wny5s]
I highly encourage you to click the links above and read his entire answers - they are exactly what should be told to people who ask such dumb, petty questions, and more importantly, they should be the answers are leaders are saying and actions they should be taking themselves.

I nominate Mike Rowe for President. lol

You can find more about Mike Rowe at the links below. Donate to his foundation too! :)
https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe
https://twitter.com/mikeroweworks
http://www.mikeroweworks.com/mikes-office/giving-back/
http://profoundlydisconnected.com/

PROFOUNDLY DISCONNECTED?
A trillion dollars in student loans. Record high unemployment. Three million good jobs that no one seems to want. The goal of Profoundly Disconnected is to challenge the absurd belief that a four-year degree is the only path to success. The Skills Gap is here, and if we don’t close it, it’ll swallow us all. Which is a long way of saying, we could use your help…

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2013 14:22 #2 by RenegadeCJ
We are working at joining his "build" campaign, which doesn't appear on his website, but he is working with AGC to bring it here. Costs a lot of money, but will be worth it. It is currently having great success in Alabama, hopefully we can get the same success here, and get kids to realize the trades can be great jobs. There is nothing wrong with actually having a skill, unlike so many worthless college degrees.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

29 Oct 2013 14:30 #3 by ScienceChic
Awesome - thanks for the info Renegade! Let me know if I can help!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Oct 2013 14:49 #4 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: Awesome - thanks for the info Renegade! Let me know if I can help!

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND MORE TIME???

Please SC... we don't want to see you volunteer yourself to death :bash :woo hoo:

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Oct 2013 14:56 #5 by ScienceChic
I'd rather spend my time doing good, positive things for the community. :happier: Makes me feel good and teaches my kids good lessons.

29 Oct 2013 15:19 #6 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: I'd rather spend my time doing good, positive things for the community. :happier: Makes me feel good and teaches my kids good lessons.

My comment was good-nature ribbing... it was not meant as criticism.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Oct 2013 15:35 #7 by ScienceChic

30 Oct 2013 09:36 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Wow, first that stupid church, now your following this guy like he's a cult leader?

Somethins wrong SC

Serriously

30 Oct 2013 09:37 #9 by ScienceChic
What in the world are you talking about VL?

30 Oct 2013 09:46 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
You seen a to be very impressionable SC...

You're not representing the Science community very well lately..Overworked maybe?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds