Needed: A Different Sort of Presiden

08 Nov 2013 11:14 #21 by Venturer
Can our economy live through Christie or Hillary? We are collapsing. Will the American people say enough is enough.

FredHayek wrote: Obama is cool...I wonder if the people will decide in 2016 that they want one with more passion, like Christie and/or Hillary.
Someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly and gets in the face of opponents, instead of Obama who just seems to sulk and withdraw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2013 14:32 #22 by RenegadeCJ

WindPeak wrote: Can our economy live through Christie or Hillary? We are collapsing. Will the American people say enough is enough.

FredHayek wrote: Obama is cool...I wonder if the people will decide in 2016 that they want one with more passion, like Christie and/or Hillary.
Someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly and gets in the face of opponents, instead of Obama who just seems to sulk and withdraw.

We may not make the needed progress if Hillary were elected, but why would you say that about Christie? He has battled the unions and made tough choices to make the budget work without raising taxes in NJ. He isn't completely socially aligned with me, but fiscally, he seems right on track.

You think if he were elected he would suddenly change his fiscal policies?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

08 Nov 2013 14:52 #23 by deltamrey
THE SEEDS OF THIS DEMISE WERE SOWN IN 1960-1970......feels good do it, let the children lead us, slop that grunted from the libersl universities.....still dribbling down the legs of the whelps thereof' !! We knowingly destroyed two generations while letting them feel validated, smart, and worthy.....all lies. The world grew up but Americans remain in diapers provided by the great society and the failed policies of failed liberal congresses and presidents. There is no salvation short of another world war........none I can see.
WWII saved us from the big FDR lie.....but not this time. ALL read or reread (for those sheeple that can any longer.....read) "Atlas Shrugged".....we are living the tragedy.

08 Nov 2013 15:10 #24 by JMC

deltamrey wrote: THE SEEDS OF THIS DEMISE WERE SOWN IN 1960-1970......feels good do it, let the children lead us, slop that grunted from the libersl universities.....still dribbling down the legs of the whelps thereof' !! We knowingly destroyed two generations while letting them feel validated, smart, and worthy.....all lies. The world grew up but Americans remain in diapers provided by the great society and the failed policies of failed liberal congresses and presidents. There is no salvation short of another world war........none I can see.
WWII saved us from the big FDR lie.....but not this time. ALL read or reread (for those sheeple that can any longer.....read) "Atlas Shrugged".....we are living the tragedy.

Are you still in diapers? Go back in your bunker.
The loopiest thing I've heard in a long time, thanks for the laugh.

08 Nov 2013 15:23 #25 by The Boss

HEARTLESS wrote: My reason for asking is simple, do you throw your vote away so you have no involvement in the outcome or vote for the candidate least likely to continue the damage?

I think the message of extremely low voter turnout would be more effective than voting for the lessor of evils.

Also, in general, I am not sure I am going to vote again. I know it is not the best solution. But if we vote and 51% or 55% or 90% of people want something and the remainder does not, I am not sure I will be a winner by being on either side unless the issue we are voting on is really critical. Since those issues were resoled long ago (murder, rape, etc.) I don't want to be on the side that got just a couple extra % and gets to steamroll the others and I don't want to be steamrolled.

I am starting to accept that I have no voice in my govt (and I call them all the time with the same stuff I type here), and by accepting this, I actually feel more powerful than I do when I try to have influence. Everyone is using the govt as a tool just to get more for them, I just cannot get into participating anymore. I am trying to change some minds because I cannot change the govt or those that want more control.

Again, I know this does not solve much, but it actually solves a little more than voting. Paul was already a lesser of evils. I am just not taking the opiate of the masses. Just because folks take it and get high does not mean they moved their govt forward. JMO

08 Nov 2013 15:50 #26 by LadyJazzer

fly off the handle wrote:

deltamrey wrote: THE SEEDS OF THIS DEMISE WERE SOWN IN 1960-1970......feels good do it, let the children lead us, slop that grunted from the libersl universities.....still dribbling down the legs of the whelps thereof' !! We knowingly destroyed two generations while letting them feel validated, smart, and worthy.....all lies. The world grew up but Americans remain in diapers provided by the great society and the failed policies of failed liberal congresses and presidents. There is no salvation short of another world war........none I can see.

Are you still in diapers? Go back in your bunker.
The loopiest thing I've heard in a long time, thanks for the laugh.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves Orcs."
--John Rogers

:rofllol lol

08 Nov 2013 16:01 #27 by The Boss
[url][/url]

So if this is so off the handle, let's look at the opposite.

THE SEEDS OF THIS GREAT TIME WERE JUST SOWN IN ......feels BAD, do it, let the OLD FOLKS lead us, slop that grunted from the CONSERVATIVE THINK TANKS .....still dribbling down the legs of the whelps thereof' !! We UNknowingly helped ALL generations while letting them feel dumb, poor, and unworthy.....all TRUTHS. The world is so youthful but Americans remain in old and secure provided by the poor society and the great policies of successful conservative congresses and presidents. There are all kinds salvations ........they are obvious.
WWII did not save us from the awesome depression.....and will again. ALL read or reread "The Little Prince".....we are living the awesomeness.

08 Nov 2013 16:11 #28 by PrintSmith

on that note wrote: I'd also love to see citizens powerful enough to not vote for Obama or Romney if those were not the people that actually wanted to be president.

I think anyone who has ever thought or muttered the words "lesser of evils" in an election are a big portion of the problem.

It is the average American that knows who his neighbor is that demands a Yale or Harvard grad. Sorry folks you fell for the marketing. I hate to say it, you will vote for the next one too.

Which is one of the reasons that the 12th Amendment needs to go away. It is because of that amendment that we have the primary system in place and we only have that amendment because the collectivists in Congress tried to thwart the will of the people when Jefferson and Burr both ended up with the same number of votes by electing Burr to the post. From then to now, not much has changed - the collectivists are more interested in their agenda than they are in listening to the voice of the people and representing it at the federal level.

The people do the best they can with the rules that they have been shackled with and the mischief that has occurred to render the Constitution a shadow of what it was intended to be.

We have a (primarily) two party system because there are (primarily) two views of government. One view wishes to have the smallest possible government and the greatest amount of individual liberty, the other wishes to have a large, omnipotent central government which removes as much individual liberty from the system as can be gotten away with. Within those two broad sets are subsets which represent what we call third parties, but in actuality are really little more than divisions within the larger whole.

What is really called for at this point is a Constitutional Convention called by the States with the expressed intent of returning to the States the power the federal government has usurped for itself over the course of the last 150 or so years, or doing away entirely with the idea of coordinate levels of republican governance that the Constitution sets forth and instituting the omnipotent central government that the collectivists have been attempting to erect one step at a time since the adoption of the Constitution in 1791. This is the decision that is needed the most in this day and age IMNTBHO.

09 May 2014 10:58 #29 by Blazer Bob

RenegadeCJ wrote: Couldn't agree more that we need someone with actual life and preferably business experience. We also need someone to lead. Bush didn't really lead, except after 9/11, and Obama has not shown any semblance of leadership.

I'd love to see Dr. Carson, Christie, Mike Rowe :woo hoo: run. Drives me nuts that the current crop of politicians have never actually had to make anything for themselves....

http://www.runbenrun.com/sign_petition? ... _id=537402

[thumbnailpop:3dl4uom5] d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/runbenrun/...anner.png?1396016270 [/thumbnailpop:3dl4uom5]

09 May 2014 14:48 #30 by LadyJazzer

RenegadeCJ wrote: Drives me nuts that the current crop of politicians have never actually had to make anything for themselves....

Yes, that was SOOOO important with Ronnie Raygun, Bush-41, Bush-43, Nixon, Ford, ..........

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds