Needed: A Different Sort of Presiden

09 May 2014 15:56 #31 by PrintSmith

HEARTLESS wrote: When your choice is eliminated in the primaries, ie. Ron Paul, what do you suggest?

That you hold your nose and vote for the Republican or Democrat who won their respective primary while working to eventually overturn the 12th Amendment which allows the parties to eliminate all but one candidate for the office from their party prior to election day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2014 16:00 #32 by PrintSmith

netdude wrote: AS much as people don't want to be like Europe, I do like the fact many countries over there have more than two parties. The power ebb and flow seems smoother, comprise and negotiated policies seem to moderate as a whole. The problem is that each of our two parties have a fringe that the candidates play to in the primaries and then the ALL run to center for the general election. Our two party system has been abused by the two parties. The play games that create division and drive us away from compromise and unity as a country. It's broken. If you think you party is not at least 50% responsible, then you yourself bear the burden of this failure.

Period,

You and I don't agree on much dude, but we'll have to have a chorus of 'Kumbaya' on that point.

Side note: I love the use of the comma after "Period". Don't know if it was intentional or accidental, but it made me smile.

12 May 2014 17:14 #33 by Martin Enterprises
We got our change, now all we have is Hope,,, for something better.

21 Dec 2014 21:31 #34 by Blazer Bob

BlazerBob wrote: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... vis-hanson

..."When Obama finishes his term, we will have had 28 consecutive years of presidents with either an undergraduate or graduate degree from Harvard or Yale. We should have learned from chronic deficits, massive debt, and Obamacare that the Ivy League’s best and brightest are not always either. Truman’s higher education came from the school of hard knocks. Ike graduated from West Point and helped win World War II.

Reagan slogged it out for years in the cutthroat worlds of Hollywood and television — after graduating from tiny Eureka College.

Finally, can our next president have done something for a while other than nonstop politicking? The press caricatured Ike’s garbled speeches and Reagan’s B-movie reruns. But at least they did not go uninterruptedly from one political office to the next until being elected president.

Youthful charisma, the Ivy League, career politicians, and two presidential terms may be fine in theory, but next time around can we take a needed break from what have become our presidents-as-usual?"...

I will make an exception in this case.

..."Raised in Detroit by a single mother with a third-grade education, he graduated from Yale and the University of Michigan Medical School, before being named director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. "...

www.nytimes.com/2014/12/22/us/politics/g...ben-carson.html?_r=0

22 Dec 2014 16:12 #35 by Venturer
BB I like Ben Carson. He has some business experience and seems to have a clue about what a mess we are in. But do you think he has any chance at all? Will he be backed by the GOP who wants a middle of the road candidate to continue their dynasty?

22 Dec 2014 16:24 #36 by Blazer Bob

Venturer wrote: BB I like Ben Carson. He has some business experience and seems to have a clue about what a mess we are in. But do you think he has any chance at all? Will he be backed by the GOP who wants a middle of the road candidate to continue their dynasty?

I don't think so and I don't think so but it will be interesting to watch while it lasts. It is petty of me but I wonder what slanders will be launched against him a la Herman Cain.

I would not be surprised to see him hold down some position in the next administration.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds