Fixing Obamacare

14 Nov 2013 12:47 #11 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Fixing Obamacare

FredHayek wrote: Maybe Obamacare will be improved when more insurance companies come on board and more plans are offered. Maybe even get national plans legalized. If more insurance companies compete, prices might fall.

Stick to topics you may know something about, just a friendly suggestion.
if you don't qualify or want subsidies all insurance companies cant limit your cap, or disqualify you for pre existing conditions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2013 14:12 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Fixing Obamacare

fly off the handle wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Maybe Obamacare will be improved when more insurance companies come on board and more plans are offered. Maybe even get national plans legalized. If more insurance companies compete, prices might fall.

if you don't qualify or want subsidies all insurance companies cant limit your cap, or disqualify you for pre existing conditions

IF YOU knew more about the topic, you would know that insurance companies are not mandated to participate in the exchanges.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Nov 2013 19:20 #13 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Fixing Obamacare
I don't think there's any fixing Obamacare, stick a fork in it because it's done. Repeal the law, start over and target the costs of insurance and providers. Pass a law that levels what each procedure costs and get the insurance industry under control, there's too much overhead cost in the process of documenting, denying, and billing for medical procedures. Maybe accomplish the impossible and apply just a tiny little bit of COMMON SENSE; if you have a broken arm you should be able to go to the ER and get fixed up anywhere in the USA and pay the same amount for the procedure.

Instead today we go to the ER with a broken arm, a doctor confirms the arm is broken then does what needs to be done to set the bone(s) and apply a cast - THEN the bill goes to your insurance and the debate starts. What is the out of pocket cost of a visit to the ER? You'll pay that. How'd you break your arm, doing something stupid? Sorry, injuries from falling out of a tree aren't covered by your policy. How was it determined that your arm was broken and where is the documentation to back it up? Oh, you had a compound fracture and the Doctor noticed that the bones had broken out of your skin but failed to document that on the correct form? Sorry, your policy won't cover that procedure because the incorrect forms were submitted by the care provider. Months go by and the insurance company refuses to pay and continues to deny your claim, in the meanwhile your credit goes in the toilet, the phone rings constantly with collection agents threatening to file a lien against your home, car, dog, and anything else of value.

The cost of health care is out of control and I agree that something needs to be done but for me Obamacare is the opposite of a solution to this problem.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Nov 2013 19:35 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Fixing Obamacare

fly off the handle wrote:

I am perhaps a little too optimistic but I am starting to feel that if the GOP can win in 2014, America might actually get a bipartisan modification of ACA. Before BHO told us our healthcare was crap, 85% of Americans were fine with what they were getting and paying for.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Nov 2013 21:43 #15 by MountainGirl44
Replied by MountainGirl44 on topic Fixing Obamacare
ScienceChic....great post by your friend. In my opinion young people HAVE to sign up to help bring low risk low usage people and their premiums into the system. With the removal of exclusions or rate-ups for pre-existing conditions and no waiting periods for services, claims are going to increase. The insurance companies now have to offer more benefits including some wellness and preventative care with no deducitible...you cannot offer more benefits, take away underwriting and expect premuims to go down unless a massive amount of healthy low usage insured's sign up to help offset the additional claims...Since the penalty is so low for not having health insurance, i dont forsee young healthy people running to sign up.

14 Nov 2013 21:53 #16 by Hippie Love Fest
Replied by Hippie Love Fest on topic Fixing Obamacare

MountainGirl44 wrote: ScienceChic....great post by your friend. In my opinion young people HAVE to sign up to help bring low risk low usage people and their premiums into the system. With the removal of exclusions or rate-ups for pre-existing conditions and no waiting periods for services, claims are going to increase. The insurance companies now have to offer more benefits including some wellness and preventative care with no deducitible...you cannot offer more benefits, take away underwriting and expect premuims to go down unless a massive amount of healthy low usage insured's sign up to help offset the additional claims...Since the penalty is so low for not having health insurance, i dont forsee young healthy people running to sign up.

:like:

And most of them understand that if they are smart about their deductions and eliminate a tax refund, at least for now, the penalty is meaningless. It's a matter of time before the government finds a way to collect. That little loophole will keep the smart, healthy young people away.

14 Nov 2013 22:17 #17 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Fixing Obamacare

Hippie Love Fest wrote: And most of them understand that if they are smart about their deductions and eliminate a tax refund, at least for now, the penalty is meaningless. It's a matter of time before the government finds a way to collect. That little loophole will keep the smart, healthy young people away.

The ACA has a liquid quality about it that Barry controls, the ACA only says what it says while Barry agrees with what it says at the moment. How Barry is getting away with legislating as the CIC of the Executive Branch deserves further extensive examination by neutral parties who understand the Constitution. No more Executive Orders, let's squash this unconstitutional "law" now before what is left of the entire US economy fails.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Nov 2013 22:29 #18 by Hippie Love Fest

otisptoadwater wrote:

Hippie Love Fest wrote: And most of them understand that if they are smart about their deductions and eliminate a tax refund, at least for now, the penalty is meaningless. It's a matter of time before the government finds a way to collect. That little loophole will keep the smart, healthy young people away.

The ACA has a liquid quality about it that Barry controls, the ACA only says what it says while Barry agrees with what it says at the moment. How Barry is getting away with legislating as the CIC of the Executive Branch deserves further extensive examination by neutral parties who understand the Constitution. No more Executive Orders, let's squash this unconstitutional "law" now before what is left of the entire US economy fails.

He's getting away with it because the democrats are just his bobbling heads. I can't figure out what the Republican's game plan is. They are a house divided and a house divided cannot stand.

So.bummed.out. with all of it.

14 Nov 2013 22:40 #19 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Fixing Obamacare
I don't think the Dems are going along with their leader. Bill Clinton is bashing BHO for screwing 10's of millions of Americans and Dems are writing bills to delay ACA.

It just seems strange that in this economy with so many of the youth unemployed or stuck in low wage jobs, Obama wants to force them all onto major medical plans and major medical prices.

It is like making sure everyone pays for a 2 bath 2 bedroom apartment when a high percentage can only afford a studio.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Nov 2013 22:49 #20 by Hippie Love Fest
And how many of these young people are still living at home playing video games in their parent's basement? A house of cards.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds