Fixing Obamacare

14 Nov 2013 23:08 #21 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Fixing Obamacare
My oldest niece has suddenly become an Obama fan and I have to image it could only be a result of her young skull full of mush having the privilege of attending a large University and absorbing all of the liberal "schutf" she's being exposed to. So I asked her to go check out what it would cost her to pay for her own health insurance vs. letting mommy and daddy continue to pay for her health insurance instead. So far I have not received any response but I'm guessing I won't get one anytime soon if ever.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what and how she rationalized her position for Obamacare on, I somehow doubt that she'll ever admit she made a hypothetical bad choice.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2013 06:14 #22 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Fixing Obamacare
It is about time. Obama screwed up but so did Bush. I feel better now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/15/us/po ... -home&_r=0

"Health Law Rollout’s Stumbles Draw Parallels to Bush’s Hurricane Response"...

15 Nov 2013 06:17 #23 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Fixing Obamacare

otisptoadwater wrote: My oldest niece has suddenly become an Obama fan and I have to image it could only be a result of her young skull full of mush having the privilege of attending a large University and absorbing all of the liberal "schutf" she's being exposed to. So I asked her to go check out what it would cost her to pay for her own health insurance vs. letting mommy and daddy continue to pay for her health insurance instead. So far I have not received any response but I'm guessing I won't get one anytime soon if ever.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what and how she rationalized her position for Obamacare on, I somehow doubt that she'll ever admit she made a hypothetical bad choice.

You might be wrong, it can be pretty easy to brainwash the young. She might come to believe, she is getting what she paid for, spending more money for a "better" plan. Or she might agree to the reality, that she is helping to pay for the insurance of older people.

It will be interesting to see if the Dems are successful with this spin before November.
"Sure it is more expensive, but it is worth it."
Or
"ACA doesn't cheat you like your former insurance company."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Nov 2013 07:34 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Fixing Obamacare

otisptoadwater wrote: My oldest niece has suddenly become an Obama fan and I have to image it could only be a result of her young skull full of mush having the privilege of attending a large University and absorbing all of the liberal "schutf" she's being exposed to. So I asked her to go check out what it would cost her to pay for her own health insurance vs. letting mommy and daddy continue to pay for her health insurance instead. So far I have not received any response but I'm guessing I won't get one anytime soon if ever.

She's probably also unaware of the huge debt that's being amassed for her and her future kids to pay off.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Nov 2013 07:49 - 15 Nov 2013 08:05 #25 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Fixing Obamacare
Rick- I reject your premise of this thread that there should be a remove and replace or fix of Obamacare, because you have to first assume that the Federal gov't can and should create one single giant law to fix all the numerous problems with the US health and insurance system.

As for the other side, their answer is simple- "Single payer" although none will ever fill in the details.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Nov 2013 08:01 #26 by Blazer Bob

Rick wrote:

She's probably also unaware of the huge debt that's being amassed for her and her future kids to pay off.

I can understand the young buying in. It is the middle age and seniors that baffle me and I have spent some time considering and trying to understand it.

The only thing I have come up with IS bizarre. That they have totally bought in to the "republicans, conservatives and now libertarians are stupid and evil". That we love millionaires and billionaires because they want to kill babies, starve children and poison the planet. After all what billionaire or millionaire does not want to live in an armed enclave surrounded by barbarism.

Go figure.

15 Nov 2013 08:04 #27 by Rick

LOL wrote: Rick- I reject your premise of this thread that there should be a remove and replace of Obamacare, because you have to first assume that the Federal gov't can and should create one single giant law to fix all the numerous problems with the US health and insurance system.

As for the other side, their answer is simple- "Single payer" although none will ever fill in the details.

I started this thread to get input from the people who support this law and this administration. I decided that with all the negative stuff, I would make a thread all about positive solutions. I didn't and still don't believe there is a solution, I just wanted to hear from the other side. Honestly, I didn't expect any good answers since there are none, but I just thought I'd keep an open mind and listen.

But it appears that everyone on the left decided to go MIA at the same time. SC, you still out there? What do you think? Is there a way this law could ever work?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Nov 2013 08:27 #28 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Fixing Obamacare
I'm guessing many are in denial and still believe it will work. You also need to consider most are not affected by this directly, i.e. they have Medicare or workplace coverage.

Where is SDS and Raees? LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Nov 2013 08:41 #29 by Rick

LOL wrote: I'm guessing many are in denial and still believe it will work. You also need to consider most are not affected by this directly, i.e. they have Medicare or workplace coverage.

Where is SDS and Raees? LOL

I understand why they are all gone... it's a direct correlation to Obama's approval rating and ever growing fubars. Who wants to be one of the band members on the Titanic?

I'm sure we'll eventually hear from LJ when some Republican gets a dui or an abortion clinic gets the green light to make baby killing more accessible in some way.

George Orwell

15 Nov 2013 22:04 #30 by Blazer Bob

Rick wrote:

LOL wrote: Rick- I reject your premise of this thread that there should be a remove and replace of Obamacare, because you have to first assume that the Federal gov't can and should create one single giant law to fix all the numerous problems with the US health and insurance system.

I started this thread to get input from the people who support this law and this administration. I decided that with all the negative stuff, I would make a thread all about positive solutions. I didn't and still don't believe there is a solution, I just wanted to hear from the other side. Honestly, I didn't expect any good answers since there are none, but I just thought I'd keep an open mind and listen.

But it appears that everyone on the left decided to go MIA at the same time. SC, you still out there? What do you think? Is there a way this law could ever work?

I am sure they are just too busy right now so I thought I would import some.

"GOP Wants Your Terrible Insurance Plan to Remain Terrible
Posted on November 15, 2013 at 4:50 pm by JM Ashby

http://bobcesca.thedailybanter.com/blog ... rible.html

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds