Fixing Obamacare

15 Nov 2013 22:08 #31 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Fixing Obamacare
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1155 ... cellations

"President Obama on Thursday announced a new administration initiative designed to help that small portion of Americans whose insurers are cancelling existing policies.

It’s not clear how much impact it will actually have, which means many (and probably most) of the people losing coverage aren’t likely to get those same policies back. But it appears the plan does minimal damage to the rest of Obamacare, which means the millions of people about to get insurance for the first time—or get cheaper, more comprehensive coverage than they had before—will still get those benefits.

These facts are related. It's difficult to help the relatively small group of people who feel hurt by the law without hurting the larger group being helped."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2014 11:18 #32 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Fixing Obamacare
I can't remember if I shared this before or not, or if I saw it here from someone else, but as he says, the problems are multi-faceted and the solutions complex. But just because the fix isn't easy, doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried, and honestly I see the ACA as an attempt to start. Partisan rhetoric that we get from our reps is a waste of time and breath.

Yes, the video is almost 8 minutes long, but he's entertaining (and cute :wink: - hey, it helps! lol ) and it's great info. Stick it out. :)

His First 4 Sentences Are Interesting. The 5th Blew My Mind. And Made Me A Little Sick.
John Green is kind of amazing. He knows his facts way better than you or me. And they are mind-blowing and/or horrifying.
Adam Mordecai
[youtube:1vr8yw3t]
[/youtube:1vr8yw3t]

Published on Aug 20, 2013

In which John discusses the complicated reasons why the United States spends so much more on health care than any other country in the world, and along the way reveals some surprising information, including that Americans spend more of their tax dollars on public health care than people in Canada, the UK, or Australia. Who's at fault? Insurance companies? Drug companies? Malpractice lawyers? Hospitals? Or is it more complicated than a simple blame game? (Hint: It's that one.)

He's got several links in the remainder of the description, and more videos on his YouTube Channel .

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Jan 2014 07:50 #33 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Fixing Obamacare
Seen it before. He looks like he has been snorting coke.

So let me get this straight, prices are sky high and ObumaPutridCare is start at making things better?

I'd be interesting in knowing whether you are still spouting the same thing at the end of 2014 after more people have lost their health insurance that they liked and get to pay even more for ObumaPutridCare and when all the taxpayers are on the hook to cover the failing mess.

27 Jan 2014 08:51 #34 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Fixing Obamacare
And so the D's want the R's to help them fix a law that is fundamentally flawed at it's core... great strategy if you could find enough stupid R's to volunteer to go down with the ship. This law was thrown together as badly or worse than the website was but it can't be fixed with better code. The first priority should have been to address health care costs, but as we know, that was not a priority at all. What we are getting, and will getting and will get more of, is higher costs with less service... a perfect reflection of what government ALWAYS does.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds