'Evangelii Gaudium' amounts to Papal 'I Have a Dream' speech

29 Nov 2013 16:59 #21 by Mtn Gramma

LadyJazzer wrote: going bat-sh*t-crazy

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2013 17:11 #22 by Photo-fish

Rick wrote:

Photo-fish wrote:

Hippie Love Fest wrote:
Maybe the Pope should think about leading by example. It will be a cold day when we see him giving the billions they have or selling off all of its gold, silver, rubies, emeralds, etc. to give to the poor.

But just like progressives, they are all talk. They want to spread YOUR wealth and MINE but hey, hey, hey, hands out of the cookie jar when it comes to their riches.

Maybe you need to read up more on the current pope.

Pope Francis insisted on returning to his hotel to settle the bill himself
The pontiff also chose to use a bus instead of a chauffeur driven car
The 76-year-old has eschewed ceremonial traditions for a more humble approach

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2294207/The-papal-insisted-paying-caught-bus-home-winning-election.html

Pope Francis Revamps Vatican's Charity Office To Be Closer To The Poor
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2013/11/29/pope-francis-revamps-vatican-charity-office-to-be-close-to-poor/

Pope Francis on Gays: "Who am I to Judge Them"?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/pope-francis-gays_n_3669635.html

Church Traditionalists Livid at Pope for Washing Feet of Two Girls on Holy Thursday
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/03/30/church_traditionalists_livid_at_pope_foot_wash.html

Damn Progressives

So do you think that being pope means that all conservatives should bow at his feet and agree with everything he says? The pope is just one man out of 7 billion with his own unique opinions.

NO. These are just instances of the pope leading by example and braking away with papal tradition. If these are "progressive" traits as Hippie Nut Flakes says, I don't see a problem with them. Do you?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 Dec 2013 18:50 #23 by LadyJazzer

03 Dec 2013 06:56 #24 by PrintSmith
What the collectivists, including our resident bigot, refuse to acknowledge is the inclusion by Pope Francis of qualifiers, such as "absolute autonomy" in his writing. Of course "absolute" autonomy will lead to abuse, just as "absolute" control over every little detail will. If all men were angels, as the saying goes, there would be no need for any government at all and I know of not a single individual who thinks the absolute lack of government is anything other than an impossible utopia where there is no crime, no evil in the world at all which needs to be addressed. I think we would all love to live in such a world, don't you? Imagine what such a world would look like. We wouldn't have people saying that those who disagreed with them were mentally ill, as an example of what kind of mentality makes some government necessary.

What the statists also fail to recognize is that our system here in the Union is far from having "absolute autonomy", in fact, quite the opposite is true. Now, there may not be enough fetters on it for the likes of our resident bigot, but that doesn't then mean that there are no shackles on it at all, which is the situation being talked about by the Pontiff.

I also note, with a small chuckle, that the collectivists also completely ignored his thoughts on government debt and rising interest payments and their effect of robbing the people of the true purchasing power the fruits of their labors otherwise would provide to them. I can't help but wonder why they choose to overlook that part.

One must also wonder why they choose not to accept the correlation between their total disregard for the sanctity of every human life and the growing exclusion of some from the society that Pope Francis illuminates in his text.

There is, after all, a large gap between what the word "poor" entails for a resident of our Union and a resident of Buenos Aires. To compare the two of them is laughable on its face. And to imply that Pope Francis is justifying the ideology of the likes of Jazzer is more laughable still. We have regulated capitalism here in the Union, not capitalism which is "absolutely autonomous", which is the evil that Pope Francis talks about in Evangelii Gaudium. To attempt to portay otherwise not only ignores reality as it exists, it is a transparent attempt to deceive purely to gain additional power through intentional deception - similar in construction to the lie that "you can keep your plan and your doctor if you like them" was.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds