ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

11 Feb 2014 10:21 #151 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote: The PATRIOT ACT IS A LAW.......look how long that debacle had been operating and is just NOW
being closely scrutinized and revised....what is your POINT...one law FOREVER screwed privacy
for the individual and did so LEGALLY...one law is just now being implemented and is going thru
IMMEDIATE changes and revisions.....(didn't take a DECADE or more for the revisions)....)JMO

Yes... revised by votes in Congress, not by fiat of a petulant President.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2014 11:20 #152 by archer
Look it up, I just did, executive orders have been used often to effect changes to existing laws, they cannot be used to make new laws.

11 Feb 2014 11:31 #153 by LadyJazzer
And while you're at it, look up "Signing Statements"... The IdiotSon used that a lot to just tell Congress he didn't care WHAT law they just passed, he would enforce what he wanted to, and ignore the rest... I think that was Bush's Brain/Karl-Rove's idea about a "unitary Executive"...

11 Feb 2014 11:34 #154 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: And while you're at it, look up "Signing Statements"... The IdiotSon used that a lot to just tell Congress he didn't care WHAT law they just passed, he would enforce what he wanted to, and ignore the rest... I think that was Bush's Brain/Karl-Rove's idea about a "unitary Executive"...

Get out of Bush's bush. We are now talking about Obama. You're like a school yard tattle tale... "he did it too." When are you going to grow up?

11 Feb 2014 11:47 #155 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Look it up, I just did, executive orders have been used often to effect changes to existing laws, they cannot be used to make new laws.

I've already shown you where he has stepped over his executive powers (except you're not going to find anyone with enough balls to do anything about it). If you have something, put it on the table or else I'll have to ignore your statement.

And this is going to be a field day for "equal treatment under the law" suits. Obama has now made it mandatory for someone working for a large corporation to have a certain level of insurance (and the employer is bound by that too) while at the same time Obama has exempted certain employers from having to supply the same level of insurance to it's employees (until 2016).

That's not fair to the lower income, small sized company employee.

And here's a rich one. "Treasury officials said Monday that businesses will be told to “certify” that they are not shedding full-time workers simply to avoid the mandate. Officials said employers will be told to sign a “self-attestation” on their tax forms affirming this, under penalty of perjury."

Admitting that you DIDN'T commit a crime when there is no evidence that you did. There's a whole chunk of the Bill of Rights right out the window. How about "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury"

The GOP is not going to have to throw out the ACA. This kind of crap is going to sink this law all on it's own.

The only impediment to the ACA is the President himself. :Thud:

11 Feb 2014 12:29 #156 by homeagain

Reverend Revelant wrote:

archer wrote: Look it up, I just did, executive orders have been used often to effect changes to existing laws, they cannot be used to make new laws.

I've already shown you where he has stepped over his executive powers (except you're not going to find anyone with enough balls to do anything about it). If you have something, put it on the table or else I'll have to ignore your statement.

And this is going to be a field day for "equal treatment under the law" suits. Obama has now made it mandatory for someone working for a large corporation to have a certain level of insurance (and the employer is bound by that too) while at the same time Obama has exempted certain employers from having to supply the same level of insurance to it's employees (until 2016).

That's not fair to the lower income, small sized company employee.

And here's a rich one. "Treasury officials said Monday that businesses will be told to “certify” that they are not shedding full-time workers simply to avoid the mandate. Officials said employers will be told to sign a “self-attestation” on their tax forms affirming this, under penalty of perjury."

Admitting that you DIDN'T commit a crime when there is no evidence that you did. There's a whole chunk of the Bill of Rights right out the window. How about "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury"

The GOP is not going to have to throw out the ACA. This kind of crap is going to sink this law all on it's own.

I am NOT happy with how this rolled out, I am NOT saying I believe that this is a GOOD and
comprehensive bill, here's what I AM saying.....changes were REQUIRED, no one had the balls
where with all, initiative...what ever adjective you would like to supply...to GET IT DONE.

From my POV....this bill will PROBABLY be revisited/revised for quite sometime....EXECUTIVE
orders are quite appropriate and all the rest of this "critical crap" is just that CRAP...PARTISIAN
POLITICS at its' finest....JMO

11 Feb 2014 12:38 #157 by FredHayek

Imagine how the Dems would scream if Mitt Romney was the one making these changes...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Feb 2014 12:40 #158 by archer
So, RR you complain that I didn't give you "something", and complain that LJ did give you something. The point is that Obama isn't doing anything that previous presidents haven't done, yet y'all act like he has gone rogue. Nor is this the first time that a law has been implemented in stages....

Fred, how many Democrats screamed when Romney brought health care changes to Massachusetts?

11 Feb 2014 12:54 #159 by FredHayek
The difference with Romney and the Dems in MA is that the legislation was bipartisan instead of rammed down the GOP and country's throat.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Feb 2014 13:04 - 24 Nov 2014 11:45 #160 by homeagain
FEAR was rammed down the COLLECTIVES throats...WMD, but yet when WILSON questioned
that assertion and provided proof...guess what happened? His WIFE WAS OUTTED....come on
I can do tit for tat and it's BULLSH**>>>>JMO......SOMEONE HAD THE BALLS to finally get her'
done and everyone bitches....welcome to the REAL world....news flash...ITS NOT PERFECT.JMO

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds