ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

10 Feb 2014 16:24 #121 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote:
[snip]

My level of trust or reliance on GOOD MEDICAL CARE was cemented that day......there is NO
good health care, if one of the richest women in the world can't get a good diagnostic doctor
who uses common sense. JMO

Then I suspect you will join me in rallying against a health care law that will FORCE people into getting this horrible care.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2014 16:30 #122 by homeagain
I will REPOST AGAIN.....the majority of the medical community that delivers our healthcare does
so REACTIVELY.....when a stance of PRO ACTION is required. The root cause of an illness is
NOT addressed,but rather, the end result is managed. THAT is back assward.....you start at
the BEGINNING and not at the end.....there are doctors who are now initiating that change and
the medical community, as a whole, will have to follow their lead....of course, when LARGE
changes are required, LARGE problems will be encountered......and of course, time is required
for the shift to take solid form.

Part of the change (shift) is to eliminate doctors who will write a script at the drop of the hat.
Of course, THAT then shifts the relationship of the pharmco pigs and the doctors who eat at
the pharmco trough....GREED at the most despicable level. JMO

10 Feb 2014 16:38 #123 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote: I will REPOST AGAIN.....the majority of the medical community that delivers our healthcare does
so REACTIVELY.....when a stance of PRO ACTION is required. The root cause of an illness is
NOT addressed,but rather, the end result is managed. THAT is back assward.....you start at
the BEGINNING and not at the end.....there are doctors who are now initiating that change and
the medical community, as a whole, will have to follow their lead....of course, when LARGE
changes are required, LARGE problems will be encountered......and of course, time is required
for the shift to take solid form.

Part of the change (shift) is to eliminate doctors who will write a script at the drop of the hat.
Of course, THAT then shifts the relationship of the pharmco pigs and the doctors who eat at
the pharmco trough....GREED at the most despicable level. JMO

So... I will post again (there's no such word as "repost").

Then I suspect you will join me in rallying against a health care law that will FORCE people into getting this horrible care.

Answer?

10 Feb 2014 16:45 #124 by homeagain
I am not enthralled with this law....HOWEVER, I do believe the mandate will be adjusted and that
will allow time for this "shift" to do at least emerge and take hold.....

10 Feb 2014 16:45 #125 by HEARTLESS
Doctors that over prescribe are despicable, but the most despicable, not hardly. Consider politicians that pass laws forcing our participation but not theirs or the other chosen.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Feb 2014 17:00 #126 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote: I am not enthralled with this law....HOWEVER, I do believe the mandate will be adjusted and that will allow time for this "shift" to do at least emerge and take hold.....

... of BAD medical care. Right?

10 Feb 2014 17:02 #127 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Rick, I blew off the idea of GOOD healthcare several years ago.....(I posted this info previously
but I will REPOST the scenario again.

Several years ago (when Ophray Winfred still had her talk show)....she was experiencing
some pretty serious health issues (burning too many candles at both ends)...she went to her
TEAM of doctors....they did multiple tests,ran multiple diagnostics, tossed around mutlitple
possible issues, but in the end....came up empty handed for her symptoms.....now this is
a woman who can hire the BEST OF THE INDUSTRY, money being no object.....one day a staff
member asked her if she had checked her THYROID??

Gee, guess what......HER THYROID WAS TOASTED. :smackshead: :smackshead:
THAT is indicative of the kind of healthcare delivery the United States provides.

My level of trust or reliance on GOOD MEDICAL CARE was cemented that day......there is NO
good health care, if one of the richest women in the world can't get a good diagnostic doctor
who uses common sense. JMO

Well I have been getting EXCELLENT health care at an affordable cost which I don't expect will last much longer. But I'll be the first to admit my case is anecdotal as are every other case out there. You have to realize that, just like teachers and every other professional, there are always good and bad. That's why I'd like to be able to keep the doctors I want and pass on those I don't. It's not up to the government to tell me if my plan sucks, that's MY decision... as it should be. You can yammer on about all the changes politicians need to make for our own good, but you won't ever convince me that they know more about my needs than I do. This is the fundamental problem with the law that can be fixed with Obama bandaids, exemptions, and delays for the sake of his panicked party.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Feb 2014 17:04 #128 by homeagain
The answer? VOTE THEM OUT.....(however, most of the populace are more interested in who
was voted off Survivor)

10 Feb 2014 17:12 #129 by Rick

homeagain wrote: The answer? VOTE THEM OUT.....(however, most of the populace are more interested in who
was voted off Survivor)

I agree, everyone that voted for a law they were clueless about and never read should be voted out, every last one. The difference between this and Survivor is that this law will be hitting the pocketbooks and personal freedoms of many millions of people. There is much more at stake here and it's too bad the people who are trying to shine this turd have to resort to lies, delays, and deception in order to keep their power.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Feb 2014 17:25 #130 by LOL
Great points Rick, keep up the good work. I agree, freedom to buy your own self-determined products and services are being eroded.

Get yer one-sized fits all, government qualified whatever, and submit the proper forms to the authorities in DC who know what is best for the "dumbed-down" lowest common denominator average schmuck.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds