next time - let the guy drown

14 Mar 2014 17:27 #1 by bailey bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2014 17:54 #2 by otisptoadwater
More evidence that our society is rapidly circling the drain (pun intended). "Something bad happened to me and no one compensated me so I'm gonna sue everyone no matter what!"

If there isn't legislation already in place to protect first responders from this kind of nonsense there ought to be!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Mar 2014 18:09 #3 by Blazer Bob
Throw him back. Dead men have no standing to sue.

14 Mar 2014 20:00 #4 by Venturer
Well if Gretchen would let the attorney explain rather than just dominate the conversation it would have helped.

The best I can ascertain is he has a case based on gross negligence. In Colorado the Good Samaritan law applies to those who assist in good faith. I know this from volunteering with ECFD. But they failed to look for and find the man. They deserve to get their butts kicked.

14 Mar 2014 21:22 #5 by Engineer2207

GreatGran wrote: Well if Gretchen would let the attorney explain rather than just dominate the conversation it would have helped.

The best I can ascertain is he has a case based on gross negligence. In Colorado the Good Samaritan law applies to those who assist in good faith. I know this from volunteering with ECFD. But they failed to look for and find the man. They deserve to get their butts kicked.

More useless rhetoric and incorrect information from the Hate Queen of Fire Departments! I get that you have your (misguided) hurt feelings from ECFD, but why do you hate North Metro and Lafayette? I guess maybe, it's everyone out there doing a services in the community but you that makes you bitter and "holier than thou."

You obviously know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this situation or The Good Samaritan Law, for that matter. Professional fire departments are not covered.

15 Mar 2014 19:56 #6 by Venturer
As usual engineer you don't seem to have much comprehension skills. Where did I say I hated the fire dept.

Perhaps I would know more about the situation if Gretchen would have allowed the parties to speak. As I said "the best I can ascertain". I forget that your Lordship Engineer knows all the details. I wonder why Gretchen didn't interview you instead. That would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

15 Mar 2014 21:03 #7 by Engineer2207
"you don't seem to have much comprehension skills."

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

15 Mar 2014 21:36 #8 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic next time - let the guy drown
Ha ha ha ha...Millions of people get help from "first responders" every year and FOX news tells you about the one guy that "might" file a lawsuit and suddenly our entire "society is rapidly circling the drain"...Our corporate media is telling you this to get you so mad (and its working on you birbrains) that you'll willingly give away one of the pillars of our democracy- The right to have your day in court. The sueing of first responders is a very rare thing and succesful lawsuits against them probably never ever happens, so- Get a real problem guys, and

Don't be so esily minipulated

16 Mar 2014 08:02 #9 by Engineer2207

Vice Lord wrote: Ha ha ha ha...Millions of people get help from "first responders" every year and FOX news tells you about the one guy that "might" file a lawsuit and suddenly our entire "society is rapidly circling the drain"...Our corporate media is telling you this to get you so mad (and its working on you birbrains) that you'll willingly give away one of the pillars of our democracy- The right to have your day in court. The sueing of first responders is a very rare thing and succesful lawsuits against them probably never ever happens, so- Get a real problem guys, and

That's brilliant. Uses words like: "sueing" and "minipulated," then has the nerve to call others "birdbrain."

And.....

Don't be so presumptuous.

16 Mar 2014 08:42 #10 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic next time - let the guy drown

Engineer2207 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Ha ha ha ha...Millions of people get help from "first responders" every year and FOX news tells you about the one guy that "might" file a lawsuit and suddenly our entire "society is rapidly circling the drain"...Our corporate media is telling you this to get you so mad (and its working on you birbrains) that you'll willingly give away one of the pillars of our democracy- The right to have your day in court. The sueing of first responders is a very rare thing and succesful lawsuits against them probably never ever happens, so- Get a real problem guys, and

That's brilliant. Uses words like: "sueing" and "minipulated," then has the nerve to call others "birdbrain."

And.....

Don't be so presumptuous.

You spell check cause you got nothing else...Hey Einstein, what about the actual topic? Should we lose the right to have our day in court because some loser is contemplating a lawsuit? And unless someone is trying to minipulate you with nonsense, how is one guy contemplating a lawsuit news?

Your buttons are so easily pushed, my only regret in life is that i'm not making a fortune from pushing them...Like others are

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds