Scientists Agree: Swearing is Awesome

14 May 2014 10:16 #1 by ScienceChic
F***'in A Bucky! :biggrin:

Scientists Agree: Swearing is Awesome
By Roberto Scalese, Boston.com Staff
May 13, 2014

Go ahead. Drop that F-bomb. You’ll be happier for it. A new study finds that swearing can be good for you, according to the Daily Mail.

This is from the same research team that discovered swearing allows you to withstand pain for a longer period of time. The claim spread all over the web, leading the Discovery Channel’s “Mythbusters” to try it out themselves. [see video in link]

That’s not all. A 2012 study, again done by a team of British researchers, showed that swearing at work can help you build better relationships, reported Business Insider.

Articles linked in the story above:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... D-you.html
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... -we-swear/
http://www.businessinsider.com/cussing- ... ace-2012-3

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2014 10:26 #2 by FredHayek
And I came across something that says people who swear are less likely to lie or be dishonest.
Personally I will try to keep my cursing down, although I do enjoy going out with one friend who curses like a sailor, it is fun to watch the parents with children close by cringe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 May 2014 11:29 - 24 Aug 2014 22:12 #3 by ScienceChic
Speaking of swearing, this made me laugh out loud several times!

What It's Like to Own a Tesla Model S

"It handles like a Ferrari that got porked by a luck dragon."

"I want an app that makes race car noises as I accelerate. And maybe, just maybe, unlockable achievements. You just went an entire year without honking the horn. Congrats on not being a dick!"

"Consumer Reports awarded the Model S 99 stars out of a possible 100. I am awarding my Model S 100 stars, two black holes, five supernovae, and an ever-expanding singularity of engorged Luck Dragons and wooo- shit -yeahs."
Because I'm a fan."

"Sometimes I just call it 'I'm in outer space, motherf***er" because that's my favorite thing to scream at other drivers whilst passing them on the freeway."

:rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2014 12:32 #4 by Martin Enterprises
Hell I knew this shit all along.

14 May 2014 12:53 - 24 Aug 2014 22:14 #5 by netdude
So why then are all the f***ing cuss words still f***ing stared then?

:smackshead: :Angel: :tongue: :Whistle :rofllol :rofllol :rofllol

14 May 2014 12:54 - 24 Aug 2014 22:16 #6 by JMC
Looks like this thread is headed to the f***ing ring

14 May 2014 13:17 #7 by Photo-fish
**** that ****, I'm ******* sick of all the ***** ****** ********!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

14 May 2014 13:39 - 24 Nov 2014 11:30 #8 by ScienceChic
If the words are starred, it's because you need to protect your lily white ass from itself! lol

Go into the User Control Panel, Click Board Preferences, then Edit Display Options and turn that sh** off. :biggrin:

14 May 2014 14:07 - 24 Nov 2014 11:30 #9 by Mary Scott

ScienceChic wrote: If the words are starred, it's because you need to protect your lily white ass from itself! lol

Go into the User Control Panel, Click Board Preferences, then Edit Display Options and turn that sh** off. :biggrin:

I turned that off a long time ago. Now the only stars I have seen are in your first post.

F***'in A Bucky!

:Whistle

14 May 2014 14:47 - 24 Aug 2014 22:17 #10 by ScienceChic
Yeah, the first sentence of each post is displayed on the Home Page with the link to the thread, and I figured I'd be a better, more responsible role model just in case a word that is normally starred out isn't when being displayed on the front page. :biggrin:

Back to being a f***in scurvy dog. :tongue:

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds