progressive talk in Denver

28 May 2014 12:51 #1 by Blazer Bob
AM 760 dumped it. Is there a local alternative.

What's up with this? Could it be that old white bitter liberals are dying as fast as old white racist conservatives?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/ostrow/2014 ... ney/18727/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2014 13:25 #2 by ScienceChic
With the popularity of blogging and social media, I think talk radio in general is a dwindling media. Who wants to sit and listen to one show for a long stretch when you can surf 20 different blogs in that time?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 May 2014 13:36 #3 by Nobody that matters
Old liberals are under their couches snarfing M&Ms since Colorado made pot legal. They won't listen to the radio because "The waves are gettin in thier heads, man".

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

28 May 2014 13:44 #4 by FredHayek
Lefties can listen to government sponsored radio like KCFR/NPR like I do, or like SC says, with I-Pods, pick your favorite host from around the nation and download his/her show for whenever you have time to listen.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 May 2014 14:37 #5 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: With the popularity of blogging and social media, I think talk radio in general is a dwindling media. Who wants to sit and listen to one show for a long stretch when you can surf 20 different blogs in that time?

I have listened to talk radio over several decades in several states. No where else did I have so many choices. 3 of them from the right.

28 May 2014 14:42 #6 by FredHayek
There are a lot of choices in the Denver market, both local and national figures, 710KNUS, 560KLZ, 850KOA, 760

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 May 2014 14:51 #7 by ScienceChic
Yes, there are a lot of choices, but what is their audience size compared to the # of blog subscribers? Or podcast subscribers? Maybe radio just isn't the medium for "progressives", it doesn't seem to have ever been the case that there are many liberal talk shows on the radio.

Does the loss of one more indicate something dire about the state of "progressive-ness" in Denver?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 May 2014 14:54 #8 by Photo-fish
760's new call letters should be KNAP or KZZZ. Boring has a new definition. I used to listen to talk radio (both left and right) only on my drive to and from work, but it started to increase my blood pressure so I went back to listening to death metal.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 May 2014 14:58 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic progressive talk in Denver
Apparently progressives (especially Colorado progressives) are less likely to want someone else to tell them what to think than conservatives.

:Doh:

28 May 2014 15:02 #10 by Nobody that matters

archer wrote: Apparently progressives (especially Colorado progressives) are less likely to want someone else to tell them what to think than conservatives.

:Doh:

The progressives are less willing to listen to anyone else because they're so convinced they're right and everyone else is just being stupid.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds