progressive talk in Denver

28 May 2014 15:03 #11 by FredHayek
Or progressives let KCFR/NPR tell them what to think about most issues?
Ratings for KCFR were 4.1, KOA 3.8.

Back in the 1970's local radio was dominated by progressive talk from Alan Berg, Gary Tessler and others.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2014 15:12 #12 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: Lefties can listen to government sponsored radio like KCFR/NPR like I do, or like SC says, with I-Pods, pick your favorite host from around the nation and download his/her show for whenever you have time to listen.

I have tried streaming with my Samsung but the audio frequently snags.

28 May 2014 15:14 #13 by ScienceChic

FredHayek wrote: Back in the 1970's local radio was dominated by progressive talk from Alan Berg, Gary Tessler and others.

Sorry, this was a little before I started listening to the radio. :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 May 2014 15:22 #14 by Blazer Bob
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/1 ... dio-AM-760

I hope he can fix it. I will miss Thom Hartmann.

Another take. It is a curse.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/20 ... s_impe.php

"morning-show staple Gloria Neal is the latest victim of the famed Best of Denver curse: We named her the city's top radio host in our 2014 edition, mere weeks before she and others at the outlet were shown the door."

28 May 2014 17:41 #15 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic progressive talk in Denver
I like "stormin norman goldman" on 760 on the way home from work at 4. What a hoot!

Halarius! :rofllol

http://www.normangoldman.com/blog/

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

28 May 2014 18:41 #16 by otisptoadwater
Is the sun setting on another form of communication or will AM/FM radio evolve?

[youtube:28onnnxp]
[/youtube:28onnnxp]

I don't see the point of subscribing to a newspaper anymore but I like listening to the radio; if I want to hear something specific I can find it on line a lot faster than spinning the tuner dial on a radio (back in the olden days there was a knob on the radio you had to turn to tune in radio stations...).

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 May 2014 21:46 #17 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic progressive talk in Denver

ScienceChic wrote: Sorry, this was a little before I started listening to the radio.

Dang kids nowdays! :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 May 2014 21:51 #18 by otisptoadwater
:sarcasm: Damn hippie kids and their ya ya music! Next thing you know they'll be running the country...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

29 May 2014 07:29 #19 by OmniScience

Photo-fish wrote: but it started to increase my blood pressure so I went back to listening to death metal.

Wow. You too? Who do you prefer? Nightfall, Sepultura, others...? I'll take Opeth over the brain dead BS that Hartmann spews out anytime.....Åkerfeldt can SHRED!!!!

29 May 2014 20:50 #20 by Conan
Replied by Conan on topic progressive talk in Denver

otisptoadwater wrote: :sarcasm: Damn hippie kids and their ya ya music! Next thing you know they'll be running the country...

They already are.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds