Obama, McCain Clash Over Border Patrol

26 May 2010 16:20 #21 by Photo-fish
Bush sent 6,000 troops down there before this. What did they do? Are they still there? Did they help at all? Seems to me that 1,200 National Guard troops will costs a bit more than 1,200 trained workers. Do we even have 6,000 'spare' troops to station down there and how long could we afford that? Alright so Obama has requested a whole bunch of money for this as well (was it $5 mil?). Where is this money coming from? I don't hear the republican alarms about fiscal responsibility when these funds are being talked about. What programs do we cut to afford this border force? Maybe use some of that $$ for some 'eye in the sky drones' that will take the place of a few dozen 'eyes on the ground'.

So hey lets get some civilians trained and put them to work so we can send our military out for more "nation building".

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 16:33 #22 by Gringa

WayneHarrison wrote: Probably would have been more but the most of the National Guard is tied up in Iraq.

Exactly....... :Whistle Weren't we suppose to out of there by now?

26 May 2010 17:10 #23 by CC
Hey there Gringa...Which paradise are you in?

26 May 2010 17:14 #24 by Gringa
As you know, Becky, I am basking in the sun and heat of the Pacific coast of Mexico. I hear it is nice in Denver. Congrads!

26 May 2010 17:19 #25 by CC
I hear congrats are in order for you. Way to go Andrew. I was bummed cause you were here and we didn't get to see you. I have seen proof...hahahahaha

26 May 2010 17:37 #26 by Gringa
I'll pass your message. I am really proud of him. Especially earning the grad of the year award. His professor told me that he took really, really hard classes this semester and still had honors. What the professor didn't know was that he was working 40 hours a week, too.

It was a whirlwind trip... sorry I missed you, too. Next time.

26 May 2010 17:52 #27 by CC
We need a trip to paradise soon. Any good dates for you?

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds