Obama, McCain Clash Over Border Patrol

26 May 2010 06:52 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Thankfully, no food was thrown: A lunch between President Obama and Republican Senators grew heated on Tuesday, with Tennessee Senator Bob Corker attacking the president's "audacity" in using the GOP as "props" while he pushed through his initiatives with "party-line votes." A source says that Obama told Corker, "just because Corker didn't get what he wanted he shouldn't get so mad." But Corker wasn't the only one to butt heads with the president. His old rival, John McCain, says that he told Obama, "We need to secure the borders first. He didn't agree"—which seems odd, considering Obama followed up the meeting by announcing plans to send 1,200 National Guardsmen to the Mexican border. The Daily Beast's Bryan Curtis floated the Rio Grande to see the immigration war's biggest flashpoint up close.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- ... IB8KE3zjj&

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 06:57 #2 by Rockdoc
Politicians, like flags in the wind. The Arizona immigration Law is to be questioned because it did not originate "here". Now an effort to do something. What that will be remains to be seen. Perhaps the guard will be there to assist people to come across?

26 May 2010 07:06 #3 by jf1acai
I read somewhere that the Guard would only be there as paper pushers.

I hope that is not true, we don't need more paper pushers, we need boots on the ground.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 May 2010 07:13 - 04 Jun 2013 17:41 #4 by LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

26 May 2010 07:14 #5 by FredHayek
The 1200 do appear to be window dressing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 May 2010 07:22 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Probably would have been more but the most of the National Guard is tied up in Iraq.

26 May 2010 07:35 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Obama, McCain Clash Over Border Patrol
Yesterday I heard McCain describe what was going on in Arizona as "Violence beyond description"...But when he visited Iraq at the height of a "war" where an estimated 1 million people have died he described it as "safe and stable"...Lol

Whata POS

26 May 2010 07:46 #8 by Wayne Harrison
A Phoenix police officer was shot and killed around 1 a.m. at a gas station-convenience store. If the suspect turns out to be an illegal alien, get ready for some real fireworks.

26 May 2010 08:08 #9 by The Viking

jf1acai wrote: I read somewhere that the Guard would only be there as paper pushers.

I hope that is not true, we don't need more paper pushers, we need boots on the ground.

Yes from what I heard, they are not there to arrest or detain anyone. Just to observe and report. Doesn't make sense to me.

26 May 2010 08:10 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Obama, McCain Clash Over Border Patrol

WayneHarrison wrote: A Phoenix police officer was shot and killed around 1 a.m. at a gas station-convenience store. If the suspect turns out to be an illegal alien, get ready for some real fireworks.

Thats not beyond discription though, in fact you described it quite clearly there

Hyperbally anyone?

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds