Why Conservatives are Happy and Leftists Are Angry

25 Oct 2014 10:00 #71 by PrintSmith
I wouldn't wish to engage anyone who regularly pointed out my deceptions either, which is why I avoid intentionally trying to deceive others on a regular basis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2014 11:34 #72 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote: I wouldn't wish to engage anyone who regularly pointed out my deceptions either, which is why I avoid intentionally trying to deceive others on a regular basis.

Deception, as is the case with manipulation, is in the eye of the beholder. Seems like a "look in the mirror" moment from my perspective. You obviously believe I deliberately try to deceive on a regular basis. In a tit for tat moment, I say the same is true of you.

So, where does that leave us?

26 Oct 2014 12:12 #73 by ScienceChic

PrintSmith wrote: The reality here is that I did my research before I formed an opinion instead of forming an opinion and then seeking out those who agreed with me for confirmation. Perhaps that is why you choose not to engage me very often. Your feelings are regularly demonstrated to be a poor substitute for facts when you do engage me.

Considering the vast amount of information that currently bombards us every day, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that no single person could possibly know everything about even a single subject, much less many differing subjects. I went to a Conifer Chamber Lunch & Learn seminar on social media last week and the presenter shared some staggering statistics that the amount of information we are exposed to each day is more than the all the amount of information from between the years that television started and something like 2003 (this includes emails received, TV commercials, internet news feeds, billboards, print ads, etc). Not to say that all of that information has been quality, just that we are overwhelmed and can't possibly process it all.

New information is always appreciated, as it may be something that we've not seen, and thus considered, before. If it bolsters your argument, then it's worthy of sharing, is it not? I know I certainly appreciate it if it broadens my knowledge and expands my horizons, and it seems that ZHawke is of a similar mindset. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Oct 2014 12:54 #74 by PrintSmith

ZHawke wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: I wouldn't wish to engage anyone who regularly pointed out my deceptions either, which is why I avoid intentionally trying to deceive others on a regular basis.

Deception, as is the case with manipulation, is in the eye of the beholder. Seems like a "look in the mirror" moment from my perspective. You obviously believe I deliberately try to deceive on a regular basis. In a tit for tat moment, I say the same is true of you.

The obvious answer to that question is you attempting to deceive yourself in addition to everyone else. Whether this is by intent or not is really immaterial.

26 Oct 2014 13:06 #75 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

The obvious answer to that question is you attempting to deceive yourself in addition to everyone else. Whether this is by intent or not is really immaterial.

And so it goes........

26 Oct 2014 16:34 #76 by PrintSmith
True enough. When you have the supporters of a particular ideology running around saying "if you like your plan, you can keep you plan" and "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" and introducing graphs where one of the groups has 10x the span of years that any other group has and chooses one specific year upon which to base their whole argument surrounding minimum wage, there really isn't much else to day other than they are seeking to deceive on a regular basis, is there . . .

26 Oct 2014 16:40 #77 by PrintSmith
It might even be a fair statement to say that the only means such an ideologically driven group has of promoting their agenda is to hide what it is, deceive at any and every opportunity because if that group were to actually try to promote their agenda without lying through their teeth they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in winning any elections . . .

26 Oct 2014 17:52 #78 by Blazer Bob

PrintSmith wrote: It might even be a fair statement to say that the only means such an ideologically driven group has of promoting their agenda is to hide what it is, deceive at any and every opportunity because if that group were to actually try to promote their agenda without lying through their teeth they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in winning any elections . . .

Just heard an add for Hick that said he cut regulations. Some Obamatrons put up lists of Obama's accomplishments that would make the tea party proud.

26 Oct 2014 20:24 #79 by MountainRoadCrew

26 Oct 2014 20:27 - 26 Oct 2014 20:33 #80 by otisptoadwater
Opps, my inner UK/East Coast American vocabulary kicked in there on that last post. Sorry for the bad words but not for the intent of the original message.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds