Why Conservatives are Happy and Leftists Are Angry

19 Oct 2014 09:22 #41 by Arlen
Glass half empty? half full?
All I want to know is: who's been drinking out of the glass?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2014 09:36 #42 by HEARTLESS
Arlen, that is too easy. The gubmint sees that you have a glass with something in it and takes what they want. Be glad you still have a glass.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

19 Oct 2014 10:04 #43 by ZHawke
A "think about it" moment.

File Attachment:

:tossleaves:

19 Oct 2014 10:21 - 24 Nov 2014 11:15 #44 by ZHawke

BlazerBob wrote: As I said we reflect our inputs. That is a virulent site. The fact that is was one of your first hits is telling.

I dabble in left wing threads but as you can guess I spend more time reading from the right. If that is how you see the mainstream right I will declare you flat assed wrong. I am sure there is some right wing nut bag who is saying that but as a accurate representation of conventional right wing thought is a steaming pile of horse sh**.

This link is to a Time article from 2009 - admittedly doesn't directly address the issue of an Ebola Czar currently, but applicable none-the-less from a more MSM perspective (more links to come as I find them):

time.com/3516927/history-of-white-house-czars/

19 Oct 2014 10:26 #45 by ZHawke
Here's a more recent article:

www.turnto23.com/newsy/americas-czars-a-brief-history

Some of the same Republicans who once chided Obama for putting in place too many of these policy coordinators, are now among the most vocal advocates for having a single point person on Ebola.

19 Oct 2014 10:26 #46 by ZHawke
And, one more (going directly to the source, I might add):

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

19 Oct 2014 10:39 #47 by HEARTLESS
Using nearly anything said by the ultimate RINO proves nothing.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

19 Oct 2014 10:46 #48 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: Using nearly anything said by the ultimate RINO proves nothing.

I'm not trying to "prove" anything one way or the other. BlazerBob made a request. I'm trying to accommodate that request with something he might consider a little more "valid" than the original link I provided.

19 Oct 2014 19:02 - 19 Oct 2014 19:04 #49 by Blazer Bob

BlazerBob wrote:

ZHawke wrote: BB, the irony must escape you when you come right down to it. The fact is Republicans blocked the administration's nomination for Surgeon General. Whether or not we "have one" currently isn't even the issue. It's whether or not we need one. Conservatives have been very vocal in their criticism of much too plentiful Czars before the Ebola scare. Now they are calling for an Ebola Czar and appear to be angry that Obama didn't appoint one sooner. Seems kind of like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario to me.

Are they? Which ones? I have not seen or heard of it but like you I am taking advantage of the warm and sunny days.

Z, There is a civil war going on in the right. I take exception to this characterization of yours "Conservatives have been very vocal" . No one whose opinion I value cares what John McCain is saying. He is a member of what I consider the political class which encompases a lot of r's as well as d's.

I concede that a lot of republican talking heads are using this to bludgeon the administration. That is what they all do.

I also concede that my perception of the current political currents could be biased by my inputs. I hope not because I do not have much hope that the political class r or d can govern their way out of a paper bag. With 7 billion people on the planet that is a bad thing. We will all go together when we go.

19 Oct 2014 19:25 #50 by ZHawke

BlazerBob wrote: Z, There is a civil war going on in the right. I take exception to this characterization of yours "Conservatives have been very vocal" . No one whose opinion I value cares what John McCain is saying. He is a member of what I consider the political class which encompases a lot of r's as well as d's.

I concede that a lot of republican talking heads are using this to bludgeon the administration. That is what they all do.

I also concede that my perception of the current political currents could be biased by my inputs. I hope not because I do not have much hope that the political class r or d can govern their way out of a paper bag. With 7 billion people on the planet that is a bad thing. We will all go together when we go.

To whom do you attribute that "civil war" within the Republican party? I provided McCain as an example because he's one of the more prominent in political circles. That's all. Whether anyone gives a rat's patootie what he says isn't the point. Did you read the article I provided from a MSM source on a brief history of czars?

It appears from your post you've become pretty cynical. What's the answer/answers?

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds