Colorado right-to-die legislation announced

30 Jan 2015 13:46 #21 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Colorado right-to-die legislation announced

HEARTLESS wrote:

Rick wrote: After reading these latest posts, I'm trying to figure out what exactly is "offensive". To me it just looks like differing opinions of the morality of assisted suicide. Maybe I missed something?

Exactly Rick. But if you disagree with Z, you're OFFENSIVE!

Thanks for the caps lock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2015 13:49 #22 by ZHawke

Rick wrote: After reading these latest posts, I'm trying to figure out what exactly is "offensive". To me it just looks like differing opinions of the morality of assisted suicide. Maybe I missed something?

Rick, I'd ask you to refer back to P's comment regarding dignity associated with committing suicide. What I, personally, find offensive, is the judgmental attitude presented. No one, not him, not myself, not you, not anyone, knows the pain and suffering those who attempt suicide go through prior to that occurrence. To assert unequivocally they have no dignity, that they have a flaw of character is something you may consider to be merely a difference of opinion regarding morality of assisted suicide. I consider the remarks pertaining to same to be offensive.

30 Jan 2015 13:50 - 30 Jan 2015 13:51 #23 by PrintSmith

ZHawke wrote: Your offensive post didn't try to distinguish between popping pills to try and end one's life and physician assisted suicide.

Because there is no difference Z, none at all. Physicians committing an act of homicide to facilitate the death of another, even, theoretically, at their own request doesn't alter the fact that it's still popping pills to kill yourself. There's no more dignity in the death because the pills came from a physician for that task than if they were obtained from a thug on the street.

30 Jan 2015 14:06 #24 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote:

ZHawke wrote: Your offensive post didn't try to distinguish between popping pills to try and end one's life and physician assisted suicide.

Because there is no difference Z, none at all. Physicians committing an act of homicide to facilitate the death of another, even, theoretically, at their own request doesn't alter the fact that it's still popping pills to kill yourself. There's no more dignity in the death because the pills came from a physician for that task than if they were obtained from a thug on the street.

So, now it's dignity associated with whom the pills are acquired from? Your lack of empathy is astonishing.

30 Jan 2015 14:26 #25 by PrintSmith
No Z, the lack of dignity isn't altered because the pills were obtained from a physician instead of a street dealer.

30 Jan 2015 14:28 - 30 Jan 2015 14:32 #26 by ZHawke
You really don't have any clue, do you, P?

One more thing, and then I'm done with this:

P, your "truth" isn't everyone's "truth". Obviously, it isn't mine. It, in all likelihood, never will be. It is just too far "out there" to be of any value whatsoever to me in virtually any capacity.

30 Jan 2015 14:41 #27 by homeagain

PrintSmith wrote:

homeagain wrote: Interesting that you have NOT commented on the ICU link and the atrocities that are described.

It has no relevance to the discussion of allowing a physician to be an active participant in a homicidal act home, thus there is no call for me to comment on it and allow the tangent to the discussion of this subject matter.

Interesting that you view the link as NO relevance,when in fact, it is the VERY issue that brings this
topic FRONT AND CENTER...JMO

30 Jan 2015 14:42 #28 by PrintSmith
Truth isn't subjective or situational Z, it simply is. There is no dignity in suicide, to pretend otherwise is simply an attempt to salve one's own conscience. The truth of the matter is that people support physicians participating in homicidal behavior because they can't bear the thought of one they care about suffering. The goal of the activists here is to inculcate in the dying that society expects them to take the pills to spare others the pain of watching them die a slow and hard death.

The whole notion is obscene, at least as obscene, if not more so, than that perceived to exist currently in the ICUs by homeagain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone in Colorado already has the right to choose to end their own life at any time and for any reason. They already have a right to die. What this effort seeks to do is change that from a right to die into a societal duty to die.

30 Jan 2015 14:43 #29 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: READ THIS CLOSELY.....

nypost.com/2012/12/09/diary-of-an-intensive-care-nurse/

I will continue to post this link on EVERY page....information is POWER.

30 Jan 2015 14:55 #30 by homeagain

PrintSmith wrote: Truth isn't subjective or situational Z, it simply is. There is no dignity in suicide, to pretend otherwise is simply an attempt to salve one's own conscience. The truth of the matter is that people support physicians participating in homicidal behavior because they can't bear the thought of one they care about suffering. The goal of the activists here is to inculcate in the dying that society expects them to take the pills to spare others the pain of watching them die a slow and hard death.

The whole notion is obscene, at least as obscene, if not more so, than that perceived to exist currently in the ICUs by homeagain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone in Colorado already has the right to choose to end their own life at any time and for any reason. They already have a right to die. What this effort seeks to do is change that from a right to die into a societal duty to die.

I want to CLARIFY your MISperception....this issue is extremely personal to ME alone....I WANT,no
I DEMAND this ability to control MY life/death...it has NOTHING to do with my loved ones/friends/family
intimates and THEIR fears/courage/or lack of...I will control my fate, to the best of my ability and having the LEGAL means to do so is paramount...NO ONE will control my body without my permission. It is
the reason I have a Moslt in place with my doctor,it is the reason I have a Colo Medical DNR bracelet on,
it is the reason I elected to be sterlized at 26 Y.O., it is the reason I have a FIRM understanding with
my family about my demise. (I have yet to relate DO NOT CALL 911)...to them, tho)

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds