Colorado right-to-die legislation announced

30 Jan 2015 14:55 #31 by PrintSmith
Post the link as often as you wish home. I've read it, closely, already and it has no relevance to the topic at hand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2015 15:22 - 30 Jan 2015 15:23 #32 by PrintSmith

homeagain wrote: I want to CLARIFY your MISperception....this issue is extremely personal to ME alone....I WANT,no
I DEMAND this ability to control MY life/death...it has NOTHING to do with my loved ones/friends/family
intimates and THEIR fears/courage/or lack of...I will control my fate, to the best of my ability and having the LEGAL means to do so is paramount...NO ONE will control my body without my permission. It is
the reason I have a Moslt in place with my doctor,it is the reason I have a Colo Medical DNR bracelet on,
it is the reason I elected to be sterlized at 26 Y.O., it is the reason I have a FIRM understanding with
my family about my demise. (I have yet to relate DO NOT CALL 911)...to them, tho)

No, what you are demanding is the right to have someone else commit an act of homicide to make it easier on you if you choose to die. That's an important distinction home.

You are in control of your fate. Simply stop eating and stop drinking and I promise you you will die in very short order. Jump off a bridge, step in front of a bus, wrap a rope around your neck, stab yourself in the heart, overdose on real or synthesized opiates, tie weight around your body and take a swim without SCUBA gear, travel to Alaska and set yourself adrift on an ice floe clad only in your favorite bikini, put the barrel of a shotgun up under your diaphragm and pull the trigger.

You have the legal right to kill yourself at any time of your own choosing already, suicide is not a criminal offense in Colorado - the only person they could prosecute, you, are already dead and beyond any means available to the state to punish you for a perceived offense.

Asking someone else to shoot you in the chest, or push you in front of the bus, or set you adrift on an ice floe, or to actively, or even passively, participate in your death is an act of homicide, plain and simple. No matter how one seeks to alter that reality, it won't go away. When you participate in the death of anyone other than yourself, directly or indirectly, you are committing a homicidal act. You don't have the right to have others commit homicide for your benefit, that isn't the way things work.

30 Jan 2015 15:32 #33 by homeagain
We will ALWAYS disagree on this topic, you are NOT within the medical arena...when PROFESSIONAL
hospice nurses, ICU nurses have a CLEAR understanding of what they speak of, I will side with the
professionals...

01 Feb 2015 07:31 #34 by ComputerBreath
Death, by whatever term it is called, whether homicide, suicide, disease, or accident, is a difficult topic for most people to talk about without letting anger or fear show.

It is also extremely personal. Each individual should have the option to choose what they want with their own bodies. This does not mean that if they choose to die by starvation, then so be it. If they choose to live in a vegetative state being kept alive by machines, then that is their choice.

However, if someone absolutely does not want to be kept alive by artificial means, then as hard as it may be for family, friends, and the medical community, I believe their wishes should be followed.

If someone has a terminal condition or disease and wants at some point the option of ending their life because they do not want to experience the pain or horribleness of what the condition is going to do...again, I believe they should be given that option.

Each to his own. I see all points of view given.

01 Feb 2015 07:47 #35 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Colorado right-to-die legislation announced
Well said, Computer Breath.

02 Feb 2015 10:27 #36 by PrintSmith

ComputerBreath wrote: If someone has a terminal condition or disease and wants at some point the option of ending their life because they do not want to experience the pain or horribleness of what the condition is going to do...again, I believe they should be given that option.

They already have that option CB, without involving anyone else in an act of homicide to accomplish their death. That's the point. The Democrats are not after anything compassionate here, the end game is to make it a societal expectation that one who is facing the end of their life anyway to swallow the pills and die already.

02 Feb 2015 15:39 #37 by homeagain

PrintSmith wrote:

ComputerBreath wrote: If someone has a terminal condition or disease and wants at some point the option of ending their life because they do not want to experience the pain or horribleness of what the condition is going to do...again, I believe they should be given that option.

They already have that option CB, without involving anyone else in an act of homicide to accomplish their death. That's the point. The Democrats are not after anything compassionate here, the end game is to make it a societal expectation that one who is facing the end of their life anyway to swallow the pills and die already.

WTH.....how did this become a POLITICAL issue....it is a HUMAN issue and for you to drag D's/R's into this implies that the medical community is democratic in their affiliation. PROVIDE A LINK FOR THAT ASSUMPTION

02 Feb 2015 15:40 #38 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: READ THIS CLOSELY.....

nypost.com/2012/12/09/diary-of-an-intensive-care-nurse/

I will continue to post this link on EVERY page....information is POWER.

02 Feb 2015 17:23 #39 by HEARTLESS
homeagain, We get it, really. You're for right to die legislation. Others aren't. The more times you quote yourself, it only makes you look foolish.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 Feb 2015 17:24 #40 by PrintSmith
Newsflash for you home - the Democrats are the one who introduced the legislation in the new General Assembly and it has no, repeat zero, co-sponsors from the other side of the aisle.

And you are right, it is a human issue. The Democrats are trying to make it a societal expectation that you will swallow the pills and die already, the sooner after the diagnosis the better. After all, according to the Democrats and their bill, you can only die with dignity if you have a physician commit an act of homicide and allow you to obtain the lethal pills from your local pharmacy and you only have a right to die by having a physician prescribe a lethal pill for you to swallow down, the sooner the better.

One isn't talking about comatose patients here, one isn't talking about patients who don't have the perceived ability to make a reasoned choice for themselves. Those are the issues addressed in your article by the ICU nurse, and that is why, regardless of how many times you post the link, it will remain irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

The issue at hand is whether or not the General Assembly is going to pass a bill that excuses an act of homicide under the law. That, and only that, is the issue at hand here.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds