700 sqft Billboard purposed for El Rancho Area say it isn't so

09 Jul 2015 10:15 #1 by NeutralGuy
Holy Moses this is sure to ruffle a few feathers :ohmy: A large billboard is being purposed near
El Rancho!!!!! It is to be some 700 square feet in size and they want it to be LED.

I copied the information below from the Jeffco link so you can go to the link and get more details.

Not sure I would want this, how do others feel? Do we really need to light up the night to advertise something in town?

If you are in the know on this project and can help with keeping us all informed please post any information you have.

I do not see how this could pass given all the other failures to erect other large signs around Evergreen.

jeffco.us/amandaItoI/index.cfm?fuseactio...pmentApplication=All

Process Steps For Case

Case Number: 15109516 RZ
Address: Mile High Outdoor Billboard ODP
Sub Type: Official Development Plan (ODP)
Case Manager: Alan Tiefenbach
Associated People: Who?

Existing Zoning: C-1
Proposed Zoning: PD
Proposed Land Use Type: n/a
Acres: 6.7

Description: Rezone to allow 700 sf +/- LED Billboard

View Public Documents for this case.
Open this parcel in jMap (Jeffco Interactive Mapping)
Today's Date: 07/09/2015
Time: 09:53 AM

Step Status Start Date End Date
Formal Submittal Complete 06/22/2015 06/22/2015
1st Referral & Comments Open

View General Property Information for this address.
View Planning and Zoning Regulations
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jul 2015 10:19 #2 by Nobody that matters

NeutralGuy wrote: I do not see how this could pass given all the other failures to erect other large signs around Evergreen.

$$$$$$

Our current commissioners haven't met a developer they didn't like.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Jul 2015 10:26 #3 by NeutralGuy

Nobody that matters wrote:

NeutralGuy wrote: I do not see how this could pass given all the other failures to erect other large signs around Evergreen.

$$$$$$

So on a sign do they just pay for the lot or does it continue to generate money monthly?

09 Jul 2015 10:35 #4 by Nobody that matters

NeutralGuy wrote:

$$$$$$

So on a sign do they just pay for the lot or does it continue to generate money monthly?

This is going to be a billboard sized, 2 sided LED display. basically huge TV screens. it'll be run by an advertising company that will charge rent on it to companies that want to advertise on I-70.

09 Jul 2015 10:53 #5 by NeutralGuy
So they get money monthly not the county.

Unless someone can convince me why this would be a good thing I will stand my ground right now and say NO this is not needed and who needs the extra light in the mountains?

09 Jul 2015 11:06 #6 by Nobody that matters

NeutralGuy wrote: So they get money monthly not the county.

Unless someone can convince me why this would be a good thing I will stand my ground right now and say NO this is not needed and who needs the extra light in the mountains?

I didn't mean that the county would get the money - I meant the commissioners are biased towards allowing the developers to make money over the concerns of the beauty of our county.

I'm against this too, if passed it will be used as an example why there should be more billboards allowed along the Mt Vernon canyon stretch of I-70.

09 Jul 2015 13:58 #7 by NeutralGuy
My guess is that we will hear more about this, when Tractor Supply wanted to move into where Albertson's was they wanted a bigger sign and the community said no so they went away.

Now they have a Big-R that is never busy don't know if it will make it the Big-R in Conifer has way more people going in.

I am just waiting to see what the more affluent folks in the community think about it.

09 Jul 2015 16:08 #8 by Mary Scott
Being old enough and having lived here long enough to remember what the area looked like, I can't imaging that a lighted billboard could make the area look any worse. :(

10 Jul 2015 06:57 #9 by Nobody that matters

Mary Scott wrote: Being old enough and having lived here long enough to remember what the area looked like, I can't imaging that a lighted billboard could make the area look any worse. :(

So we should all just give up?

10 Jul 2015 22:59 #10 by Mary Scott

Mary Scott wrote: Being old enough and having lived here long enough to remember what the area looked like, I can't imaging that a lighted billboard could make the area look any worse. :(

So we should all just give up?

When you have a Wal-Mart and a Home Depot across the street from each other, and one of the most hellacious intersection I've ever seen in the mountains that actually ties in with an interstate highway, it's hard to imagine that it could get much worse. El-Rancho used to brag about having the most photographed view in the mountains of, I think, the Gore range - There is a hotel there now.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds