Great so Health Care takes another blow

08 Nov 2015 08:24 #21 by cydl
There you go, Otis! :P

I don't trust the feds to run a corner lemonade stand. The more we let them run the worse off everyone will be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2015 18:03 #22 by Rick

otisptoadwater wrote: Rick,

[sarcasm_font] What could go wrong? Look at Amtrack, there's a shining example of how well the Federal 'Gubment can operate a business! Are you suggesting that the 'Gubment couldn't do the same thing for healthcare?![/sarcasm_font]

BTW, my insurance went up by $200.00 a month so I have that going for me...

I was lucky, mine only went up $160.... oh ya, but the deductible went from 3k to 6K!!! With deductibles going so high, I'm betting lots of people will be putting off getting care until they are desperate.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Nov 2015 06:51 #23 by TPP Conifer
Bullsh*t! Stop talking out you'r arse! :dislike:

10 Nov 2015 11:19 #24 by Rick

TPP Conifer wrote: Bullsh*t! Stop talking out you'r arse! :dislike:

According to a new report by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust, the increase brings the average deductible that workers must pay for their health insurance plans to $1,077; more than triple what it was a decade ago. As reported in the L.A. Times, “That is seven times faster than wages have risen in the same period.”

I already had a high deductible plan which I was forced to keep in order to keep the same doctors who have been treating my cancer, but in order to keep the lower premium plan, I am now stuck with a deductible that is twice what it was. Fortunately my cancer has not come back. Stick that in your arse and smoke it.

hotair.com/archives/2015/09/24/kaiser-st...ster-than-inflation/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Nov 2015 16:05 - 11 Nov 2015 16:08 #25 by pineinthegrass

Rick wrote:

According to a new report by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust, the increase brings the average deductible that workers must pay for their health insurance plans to $1,077; more than triple what it was a decade ago. As reported in the L.A. Times, “That is seven times faster than wages have risen in the same period.”

I already had a high deductible plan which I was forced to keep in order to keep the same doctors who have been treating my cancer, but in order to keep the lower premium plan, I am now stuck with a deductible that is twice what it was. Fortunately my cancer has not come back. Stick that in your arse and smoke it.

hotair.com/archives/2015/09/24/kaiser-st...ster-than-inflation/

If you think an average deductible of $1077 is bad, I looked up the deductibles and out of pocket expenses for the individual Obamacare insurance plans offered to people in Park County (80470 Zip code).

There are 46 plans offered on the Colorado insurance exchange. The average deductible is $3293 and the average maximum out of pocket expense is a whopping $6397. And that does not include the premium you have to pay which averaged $342/month (no subsidy) for a 41 year old. So that means if you get real sick or have a bad accident you can be out over $10K a year. There are three expensive plans offered with a $0 deductible, but all three have the maximum out of pocket expense of $6850. And you must copay 25-30% right off the bat until you are out that $6850.

Back when I had individual insurance (shortly before Obamacare) I started with a $500 deductible and ended up with a $1500 deductible with a $3500 max out of pocket and I thought that was too high. What good is health insurance if it's too expensive to use it and many will still not be able to afford going to a doctor? These Obamacare policies are pretty much catastrophic coverage compared to what I had before.

And your choices are getting fewer and fewer in Park County. Colorado HealthOp went out of business and had 40% of the market so all those people unfortunately lost their insurance. But two other companies opted out for 2016; Rocky Mountain Health and Access Health. So in 2015 there were six companies offering insurance, and now there are only three in Kaiser, United Healthcare, and Anthem.

Colorado claims there is "only" a 9.84% increase in premiums from 2015 to 2016.

www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/Division-o...alth-insurance-plans

But this is highly misleading. Colorado HealthOp had most of the lowest premiums because they set rates artificially low to get market share. Those low rate policies are no longer available in 2016 so you have to take that into account as well. If you compare the lowest priced policy offered in 2015 from Colorado HeathOp to the lowest rate policy offered in 2016 by Kaiser, there is actually a 32% increase. And you generally aren't even getting the same coverage in 2016. Most out of pocket expenses went up, usually from $6350 to $6850 (7.9% increase) and some deductibles went up as well. One Kaiser policy I looked at had a low (by Obamacare standards) $1750 deductible in 2015. Its premium only went up a few dollars in 2016, but then I saw that the deductible is now $2750. You'll continue to see additional increases in the future as some of the subsidies Obamacare provides to insurance companies (such as risk corridors) phase out in 2017.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds