Brexeit: The UK Votes For Freedom!

23 Jun 2016 21:22 #1 by FredHayek
Well, currently, the vote total says they no longer want to be a part of the 22+ European Economic Community. It has been quite the vicious fight between the two sides and included a political assassination. The side that wants to leave is portrayed as racists who don't want anymore immigrants forced on them by the EEC. The side that wants to stay is thought as wimps who knuckle under to unelected Euro bureaucrats who take money from the English people.

I prefer to think of is as freedom wanting people versus people who want to create a Europe without borders.

A cynical view says that even if the UK votes to leave, the EU will just change the terms of the deal, forcing them to take fewer immigrants and letting them keep more of their own money.
:spicy: (Just like this smiley.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2016 21:33 #2 by Blazer Bob
I heard dow futures are down 500. I think tomorrow would be a good time to buy.

24 Jun 2016 01:08 #3 by Blazer Bob
On another note this shows the value of polls these days.

24 Jun 2016 06:17 #4 by ramage
How do you think Hillary and Barack feel this morning?

24 Jun 2016 12:15 #5 by hillfarmer
I would imagine they are concerned about the economic damage and uncertainty, but willing to work with them. The Donald doesn't know what he thinks:

www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2...-was-beyond-bizarre/

24 Jun 2016 12:35 #6 by RenegadeCJ
Actually, Obama told them that now that they left the EU, that they don't have the time to make trade deals with them until they make them with larger groups. He said they would go to the back of the line.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

24 Jun 2016 14:44 #7 by ramage
The Washington Post provided a transcript of Trump's press conference, per your reference, that included a introductory comment by the commentator. I both watched the press conference and read the transcript. Trump is unafraid to take questions from any and all, unlike Barack and Hilary, who said nothing until Trump had spoken. I suggest that you watch the press conference without the prejudicial judgement of a liberal commentator and form your own opinion.

24 Jun 2016 15:10 #8 by ramage
As per their modus operandi , both Barack and Hilary waited until Trump had spoken before they issued statements. Needless to say neither took questions. In Barack's case he read off a teleprompter, in Hilary's case her staff issued statements attacking Trump's opinions given at a wide open press conference.

24 Jun 2016 20:50 #9 by hillfarmer
I agree, my opinion of Trump does color my reaction. His gloating over the fact that he will make money on Brexeit is indicative of his personality and his basic contempt for the rest of the world. I understand that your far right perspective makes it difficult for you to see it, but he is one of the biggest con men in history.

24 Jun 2016 21:34 #10 by ramage
Hillfarmer,
From MarketWatch 6/24/16:
"Soros looks set to make a killing on Brexit result"
George Soros a staunch supporter of all things liberal and had made billions by shorting the pound in the 1990's. Looks like a repeat performance.
If your beliefs and voting record are based on the personality of an individual, good luck! Some time ago a patient complained to me that she didn't like the personality of the surgeon to whom the was referred, but the operation was done without a hitch. I asked her whether she wanted a friend or someone who could cure her problem. She opined that competency was much more preferable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jukerado

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds