6 Guffey Community Charter School 1459 Main St, Guffey, CO 80813
7 Hartsel Community Center 80 Valley Dr, Hartsel, CO 80449
8 Platte Canyon Fire Dept - Crow Hill, Room A 153 Dellwood Dr, Bailey, CO 80421
9 Platte Canyon Fire Dept - Crow Hill, Room B 153 Dellwood Dr, Bailey, CO 80421
10 Harris Park Community Center 2154 Shelton Dr, Bailey, CO 80421
11 Crow Hill Bible Church 63555 US Hwy 285, Bailey, CO. 80421
12 Crow Hill Bible Church 63555 US Hwy 285, Bailey, CO. 80421
13 Rimrock Church 1033 Rim Rock Rd, Bailey, CO. 80421

Jennifer Jepsen wrote: Good Evening Everyone!

As everyone is preparing for the caucus on March 6th, please make sure that you bring proof of voter registration. There should be a list of registered voters at each caucus location. However, in the past there have been instances of names not being on the voter registration list that the each jurisdiction provides. As we know, mistakes can happen, so it's better to be prepared and have proof of voter registration with you. Unfortunately, a drivers license does not prove registration. However, if you did receive your postcard in the mail, bring it with you to your caucus location, that will suffice.

You should be able to verify and print out, screen shot, capture however you can your voter registration information by using the following link: www.sos.state.co.us/voter/pages/pub/olvr/findVoterReg.xhtml

You can also pre-register here. caucus.cologop.org/

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2018 11:44 #12 by Mountain-News-Events
From Dennis Keith Obduskey, Park County Democrats

To the more than 2,800 Registered Park County Democrats:

Look to attend caucuses on Tuesday night! Arrive by 6:30; they start at 7.

Precincts 1&2 will meet at N-W Fire Protection District, 21455 US 285 in Fairplay; Precinct 3 at Jefferson Community Center, Main Street, Jefferson, Precincts 4 & 8-13 at Deer Creek Elementary, 1737 County Road 43; Precinct 5 at Lake George Community Center, 39141 Highway 24; Precinct 6 at Guffey Community Center, 1625A County Road 102; and Precinct 7 at the Cohen-Newkirk Home, 2141 Campfire Road in Hartsel.

Voters can use the Colorado Democrats' Caucus Lookup Tool to find their precinct caucus location: www.coloradodems.org/caucus-lookup/

If the tool does not recognize your address, you can look up your precinct on the Secretary of State's website. Click on this link, input your voter information, and find your precinct number under the "County and District Information" Tab: www.sos.state.co.us/voter/pages/pub/home...?faces-redirect=true

Two precinct committee people will be elected from each precinct to become the members of the county Central Committee, the governing body of the county party.

Delegates at each precinct will be asked to show their support for one of 5 candidates for Governor who are using the caucus system, or the caucus-petition process, to attempt entry onto the primary ballot by garnering at least 15% of eligible caucus participants.

Noel Ginsburg
Cary Kennedy
Mike Johnston
Jared Polis
Erik Underwood
or Uncommitted

58 delegates will be elected to the March 24 County Assembly in Shawnee, and from their 10 candidates will be elected to the state Assembly April 14 in Broomfield.

Attendees will also submit platform resolutions to be voted on at the caucus, with those supported moving on to the County Assembly for a similar vote. ParkCoDems have an added benefit: Chair Dennis Obduskey is also Chair of the State Platform Committee! (Though of course, he will be impartial and interested in all approved resolutions).

Additional Notes:

Who May Participate:

A person may vote at the precinct caucus, be elected a delegate or an alternate from the caucus and/or be elected as a precinct committee person if they have been:
• A resident in the precinct for at least thirty (30) days, and
• Registered to vote in the precinct for at least 29 days and
• A registered Democrat for not less than two months prior to the date of the caucus as shown on the registration books of any county clerk and recorder in the State of Colorado (Date to be confirmed per the Secretary of State’s election calendar). However, any person who attained the age of 18 or who became a naturalized citizen within a two month period immediately preceding shall be eligible to vote at precinct caucuses even though he/she has been a registered Democrat for less than two months. If a registered Democrat has become a resident of the county during the two months immediately preceding the precinct caucus, such affiliation with the party at said prior residence shall be counted in determining whether the person has been a registered Democrat for two months.

Look forward to seeing you!

www.facebook.com/groups/ParkCountyElecti...ink/213437655873548/

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

07 Mar 2018 16:30 #13 by Mountain-News-Events
Colorado Caucus Results 2018: Cary Kennedy Is the Big Democratic Winner
Michael Roberts | March 7, 2018

Results from the 2018 Colorado caucus are nearly complete, and while state Republicans aren't releasing details about their vote, Democratic attendees have given gubernatorial candidate Cary Kennedy a big victory. At this writing, she has 50 percent of the vote, more than all of her competitors combined.

Representative Jared Polis, the perceived favorite among Democrats running for governor, finished in second place, more than 17 percent behind.

According to the caucus page on the Colorado Democratic Party website, 96.32 percent of precincts have reported their tallies thus far, representing 23,168 votes.

30 Mar 2018 13:21 - 30 Mar 2018 13:33 #14 by Artemis11
Replied by Artemis11 on topic Park County Election 2018
Why I’m Running for Park County Clerk and Recorder:

My name is Diane Berry and my husband and I moved to our forever home in Park County in May of 2016. We were drawn here by the beautiful scenery, abundance of wildlife and proximity to our favorite hobbies of hiking, skiing and snowshoeing.

I have a Juris Doctorate (law degree) but after practicing Family Law for several years many years ago, I realized that my heart lay in my social work roots. We opened a small mental health clinic in Wisconsin that we ran for 12 years. I was the director and only full time therapist, though we had a number of part time therapists working with us. While I found that experience fulfilling, we closed the clinic when we left Wisconsin. Since that time I have been teaching online for Kaplan University, which has now been acquired by Purdue University.

I have never run for office before so this process is new to me. In submitting my name for the office of Clerk and Recorder, my hope is to give something back to my new community. I believe my legal knowledge will be an asset in this position and my managerial and organizational skills will assist me in effectively and efficiently performing my duties.

Thank you for reading my post. I am currently working on a Facebook page for my campaign and will share the link as soon as it is completed. In the meantime, lease let me know if you have any questions about my candidacy or me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

30 Mar 2018 14:00 - 30 Mar 2018 14:06 #15 by TerryBerry
Why I’m Running for Park County Assessor:

I am a candidate for Park County Assessor and wanted to share a bit of background on me. My wife and I moved to Park County from New Mexico as we wanted more mountains and more snow. I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and a Master of Social Work from Tulane University.

I am currently retired after over 40 years working in mental health. I am running for office to continue a lifetime of public service. I am interested in the Assessor’s office because I believe property assessments should be fair and unbiased. I also believe voters should have a choice. Therefore I am offering myself as a candidate.

Thank you for reading my post. I am currently working on a Facebook page for my campaign and will share the link as soon as it is completed. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions about my candidacy or me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, Artemis11

02 Apr 2018 11:27 #16 by AD4Park
Replied by AD4Park on topic Park County Election 2018
Save the date:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

09 Apr 2018 08:43 #17 by Mountain-News-Events

All candidates have been invited several have accepted! Not sponsored by any candidate or political party. Come meet them all in one place. Ask unscripted questions get unscripted answers.
When: Saturday, April 21 at 3 PM - 5 PM MDT

Where: Southern Park County Fire & EMS
1745 CR-102, Guffey, Colorado 80820

Attachments:

01 May 2018 12:27 - 01 May 2018 12:30 #18 by Mountain-News-Events
The will be three Park County Republican Debates for the Park County Sheriff Candidates, and three for the Commissioners and Assessors. The Meet and Greets go from 6:30-7:00pm, Debate from 7:00-9:00pm. mymountaintown.com/community/calendar/monthcalendar/2018/5/37
May 2 - Sheriff Candidates, Shawnee Community Center
May 16 - Commissioner & Assessor Candidates, Hartsel Fire Station
May 17 - Sheriff Candidates, Hartsel Fire Station
May 23 - Commissioner & Assessor Candidates, Shawnee Community Center
May 30 - Commissioner & Assessor Candidates, Fairplay Community Center
May 31 - Sheriff Candidates, Fairplay Community Center

Attachments:

07 May 2018 20:43 #19 by Mountain-News-Events
Hello Blue Wavers!

My name is Heather Lynn Buckner and I live in Guffey Colorado. For the first time in many moons, Guffey is having a Democratic and Republican candidate's forum. This event is Saturday, May 19th and it will run from 8 a.m. to noon. The event will be at our fire department here in Guffey and we will start at 8am and finish at noon. I would be very honored to have you speak with our community. This is the first event of this kind in more years than anybody can remember here in Guffey. We have been a GOP led area for decades and by a huge percentage. I believe the voters, many of them Independents and Democrats, deserve more choices.
Thank You,
Heather Buckner

From our event Chairperson:

It is my honor to announce Democratic and Republican candidates for State and Park County Offices will be in Guffey for a Community Meeting. Everyone in the community is invited.

Heather Lynn Buckner and Sean English will be Co-Hosts for the meeting.

The 1st portion of the meeting is called Guffey Speaks Out. This is where Guffey area businesses and residents will have the opportunity to tell their story, comments or concerns.

The amount of time will be determined by the number of people requesting to speak. If you would like to speak, please let me know on or before May 1st, 2018. The topic is your choice.

If we have more speakers than time allows, we will have a drawing.

Guffey area residents will also have an opportunity to ask questions during State and County Q&A.

What?
Guffey Community Meeting and everyone in the community is invited to attend. Coffee, bottled water and snacks will be served by the SPCFPD Auxiliary. Other volunteers are also bringing treats to share. (Please consider giving a donation to the SPCFPD Auxiliary.)

Why?
Unaffiliated voters will have the opportunity to vote on the 2018 Primary Democratic or Republican ballot. Mail ballots will be mailed on the 1st week of June for the June 26th, 2018 Primary.

When?
Saturday May 19th, 2018

08:00 am to 9:00 am is social time (Good time to meet the candidates.)

09:00 am to 11:00 am Guffey Speaks Out, State Candidates and Q&A

11:00 am to 12:00 Noon Park County Candidates and Q&A

Where?
Southern Park County Fire Protection District (SPCFPD) Fire House #1
1745 County Road 102
Guffey, CO 80820

Who?
The following candidates are planning to attend so far:

Jim Wilson (REP) current State House Representative (HD60) and candidate for (HD60)
Greg Lopez (REP) candidate for Governor
Stephanie Luck (REP) candidate for State Senator (SD2)
Dennis Hisey (REP) candidate for State Senator (SD2)
Other elected officials and Park County candidates have been invited or will be invited.

If you have questions you can contact me, info is below.

Heather Lynn is in the early stages of inviting Democratic candidates for state and Park County offices. **Heather's phone number is: 719.689.2215, email is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You can also contact the Event coordinator Joe Rodriguez by email at: joerod2000 or by telephone at: (719) 310-6704 Cell.

www.facebook.com/events/328026091060104

31 May 2018 09:10 #20 by MyMountainTown
Here are the videos of last night's Park County Republican Central Committee Commissioner and Assessor Debates:

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds