Park County Election 2018

10 Jun 2018 09:07 #21 by MyMountainTown
The ballots that voters are receiving do not have a privacy sleeve; our co-admin of the Park County Election Group asked County Clerk Debra Green what we should do, this was her reply:

Thank you for asking, the instructions sheet is the secrecy sleeve. Secretary is State had us take the instruction sheet and sleeve into one. Most voters will send that ballot back in just the return envelope. ID is not required to mail the ballot. Again thank you for asking.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
The following user(s) said Thank You: MicheleWay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2018 17:34 #22 by MicheleWay
I am very concerned about this issue with secrecy sleeves. I appreciate the response from Debra Green's office indicating that the Secretary [of] State had requested that the instruction sheet and secrecy sleeve be combined but apparently that change has not been clearly communicated to voters. I know of at least one voter that said in a Facebook post that they ] simply returned the ballot in the supplied envelope without being in the secrecy sleeve because it wasn't obvious that the instruction sheet WAS the secrecy sleeve. With the new option for unaffiliated voters to participate in the primary vote (which I support!), the rule addendum below is in question. If a ballot from an unaffiliated voter is received without being in the secrecy sleeve, I am concerned that it may be nullified or not be counted based on this language...

7.5.13 UNAFFILIATED VOTERS IN PRIMARY ELECTIONS. FOLLOWING VERIFICATION OF THE ELECTOR’S SIGNATURE, THE COUNTY MUST SEPARATE THE ELECTOR’S BALLOT FROM THE ENVELOPE IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
(A) AN ELECTION JUDGE MUST REMOVE THE BALLOT, ENCLOSED IN ITS SECRECY SLEEVE, FROM THE MAIL BALLOT RETURN ENVELOPE AND PASS IT TO A BIPARTISAN TEAM OF ELECTION JUDGES WITHOUT ALLOWING THE TEAM OF JUDGES TO DETERMINE THE IDENTITY OF THE ELECTOR.

I have sent an email to the Secretary of State's elections division for clarification. Stay tuned...20170515AttachmentOne.pdf[/attachment[attachment=8567]20170515AttachmentOne.pdf[/attachment
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

11 Jun 2018 09:24 - 11 Jun 2018 09:25 #23 by Mountain-News-Events

Posted on: June 11, 2018
Primary Election - Secrecy Sleeve

Park County Voters,

I apologize for the confusion on the secrecy sleeve for all party ballots, Democrats, Republicans and Unaffiliated. The instruction sheet is also to be used as your secrecy sleeve in the election. Please get your voted ballots returned right away. The judges will be doing the first 24 hour drop box pickup Monday, June 11. Feel free to call the Clerks office with any questions, 719-836-4333.

Go Vote Park County

Debra Green
Park County Clerk and Recorder
Park County Elections

parkco.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=401

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

13 Jun 2018 20:40 #24 by MicheleWay
Thank you so much, Debra, for clarifying. Given the state of our politics these days, we are all wanting to be assured that we follow the proper process to avoid a simple mistake that might nullify our voices. I feel very reassured and I also received this response from the Colorado Secretary of State's office:

Ms. Wayland,
Thank you for contacting the Colorado Secretary of State’s office

In answer to your questions- I can’t speak to how this information is being disseminated, though it is my understanding that the Clerk and Recorder’s office is using different lines of communication to get the message out that the instructions may be doubled as a secrecy sleeve.

What I can assure you is that even if you return your ballot without a secrecy sleeve, it will count. This is something that happens quite frequently around the State – voters forget to return their ballot in a secrecy sleeve. The process that election judges take to count ballots still ensures that a voter’s anonymity is protected and that their vote is counted.

If you are uncomfortable returning your ballot via mail, you are always free to vote in person. Park County has polling centers that will begin opening on the 18th. The details of where those centers are and when they are open are included on your voter instructions. If you choose to vote in person make sure to bring an ID with you to the polls.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I would be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Caleb Thornton
Legal Analyst
Elections Division | Colorado Department of State
1700 Broadway | Suite 200 | Denver | CO | 80290
Phone 303-894-2200 x6386
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

26 Jun 2018 09:51 #25 by Mountain-News-Events
Today is the day to cast your vote if you haven't already mailed back your ballot!

Park County Voter Service and Polling Centers
Fairplay
Clerk and Recorder
501 Main Street
Fairplay, CO 80440

Bailey
Bailey Motor Vehicle Branch Office
59865 Highway 285
Bailey, Co 80421

Platte Canyon Fire Protection District
153 Dellwood Drive
Bailey, CO 80421
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Election Day Only
24-hour secure Drop-Box at all locations

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

26 Jun 2018 22:32 #26 by CanyonCourier
Results as of 10:05pm

Representative to the 116th United States Congress - District 5 - 1,675 votes
Owen Hill 14.93%, Bill Rhea 4.42%, Doug Lamborn 42.87%, Tyler Stevens 5.85%, Darryl Glenn 31.94%

Park County Assessor - 3,501 votes
David B Wissel 49.64%, Monica Jones 50.36%

Park County Commissioner - District 3 - 3,291 votes
Ray Douglas 67.34%, Pat Stoinski 32.66%

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

27 Jun 2018 03:29 #27 by Mountain-News-Events
Here are the unofficial primary election results.
Posted on: June 26, 2018
2018 Unofficial Primary Election Results

27 Jun 2018 07:54 #28 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Park County Election 2018
The results yesterday clearly indicate the voters in Park are going to have change...….I support your efforts accordingly. Please drop a sign by my home or tell me where to get one......Lets shake the trees in NOV.....!!!

09 Jul 2018 08:52 #29 by Mountain-News-Events
2018 Official Park County Primary Election Results

Election Summary Report
Park
June 26, 2018
Summary for: All Contests, All Districts, All Tabulators, All Counting Groups
Official Results
Ballots Cast: 5,465

Democratic Party Races
Representative to the 116th United States Congress - District 2 - DEM
Joe Neguse 449
Mark Williams 243

Representative to the 116th United States Congress - District 5 - DEM
Stephany Rose Spaulding 612
Marcus Murphy 0

Governor - DEM (Total 1,508)
Cary Kennedy 286
Jared Polis 736
Donna Lynne 135
Mike Johnston 351

Secretary of State - DEM
Jena Griswold 1,230

State Treasurer - DEM (Total Votes 1,271)
Dave Young 849
Bernard Douthit 422

Attorney General - DEM (Total Votes 1,434)
Phil Weiser 728
Joe Salazar 706

State Board of Education Member - Congressional District 2 - DEM
Angelika Schroeder 622

Regent of the University of Colorado - At Large - DEM
Lesley Smith 1,211

Regent of the University of Colorado - Congressional District 5 - DEM
Tony Wolusky 575

State Senator - District 2 - DEM (Total Votes 1,310)
Beth Harz 900
Dennis Obduskey 410

State Representative - District 60 - DEM
Erin Kelley 1,201

Park County Commissioner District 3 - DEM
Michele Chwan Wayland 1,220

Park County Clerk and Recorder - DEM
Diane Berry 1,209

Park County Treasurer - DEM
Luis Alvarez 1,192

Park County Assessor - DEM
Terry Berry 1,189

Republican Party Races
Representative to the 116th United States Congress - District 2 - REP
Peter Yu 1,385

Representative to the 116th United States Congress - District 5 - REP (Total Votes 1,763)
Owen Hill 267
Bill Rhea 79
Doug Lamborn 756
Tyler Stevens 98
Darryl Glenn 563

Governor - REP (Total Votes 3,565)
*Walker Stapleton 1,267
Greg Lopez 566
Doug Robinson 306
Victor Mitchell 1,426
*Overall winner

Secretary of State - REP
Wayne Williams 2,883

State Treasurer - REP (Total Votes 3,098)
Justin Everett 1,175
Polly Lawrence 840
Brian Watson 1,083

Attorney General - REP
George Brauchler 2,864

State Board of Education Member - Congressional District 2 - REP
Johnny Barrett 1,394

Regent of the University of Colorado - At Large - REP
Ken Montera 2,738

Regent of the University of Colorado - Congressional District 5 - REP
Chance Hill 1,364

State Senator - District 2 - REP (Total Votes 3,156)
Dennis Hisey 1,736
Stephanie Luck 1,420

State Representative - District 60 - REP
James D. "Jim" Wilson 2,797

Park County Commissioner District 3 - REP (Total Votes 3,407)
Ray Douglas 2,287
Pat Stoinski 1,120

Park County Clerk and Recorder - REP
Debra A Green 3,132

Park County Treasurer - REP
Michelle A Miller 3,071

Park County Assessor - REP (Total Votes 3,617)
David B Wissel 1,798
Monica Jones 1,819

Park County Sheriff - REP (Total Votes 3,884)
Gary Rhoads Sr 832
Steve Spodyak 874
Monte Gore 495
Tom McGraw 1,198
John Eugene Tighe 485

Park County Surveyor - REP
Jack Kirby 2,946

Park County Coroner - REP
David E Kintz Jr 3,068

Attachments:

09 Sep 2018 20:01 - 11 Sep 2018 00:34 #30 by Mountain-News-Events
Upcoming Events:

PARK COUNTY COMMISSIONER CANDIDATE FORUM!!!!

Moderated by the League of Women Voters

DAY: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2018
TIME: 6:30-7:30 P.M.
PLACE: PLATTE CANYON FIRE STATION #1
153 DELWOOD DRIVE (CROW HILL)
BAILEY, COLORADO

CANDIDATES:

Ray Douglas, Republican
April Dawn Knudsen, Unaffiliated
Michele Wayland, Democrat

FORMAT:

Two-minute introductory statement by each candidate, establishing their qualifications and reasons for running.
Questions (prepared by the League of Women Voters) answered in no more than one minute.
Audience questions (as many as time permits) answered in no more than one minute.
One-minute closing statement by each candidates

Candidates will be available or 30 minutes after the event.
Video/live-stream is being planned and will be available on-line

Erin Kelley Meet & Greet - Free Ice Cream!
Silverscoopcreamery, 456 Front Street, Fairplay, Colorado 80440
Sunday, October 28 at 11 AM – 2 PM MDT
Please come and meet Erin Kelley for FREE ice cream and to discuss the challenges in Park County. She will talk about access to healthcare and improved broadband and cell service.
www.facebook.com/events/1076993775788539/

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds