Park County Election 2018

18 Jan 2018 09:33 #1 by MyMountainTown
This topic will cover all information on the election process from the caucus in March to the primaries in June to the election in November, and all of the candidates running. We will have separate topics for individual races for Park County Sheriff, Park County Commissioner, and others to be added in which to discuss issues and candidates specific to those races in order to help keep things organized. Please feel free to ask questions, add your thoughts and any information you have. Please keep in mind that this is our Courthouse Forum where we debate the issue and keep it respectful and civil. Personal attacks, insults, etc will be moved to The Ring where you may engage there.

Our goal is to help inform and encourage you all to get involved in the elections! We strongly feel that an informed and active community makes the best decisions for future development, safety, and services for those who live and work here. Thank you for your input!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2018 09:52 #2 by MyMountainTown
2018 Election Calendar
Feb 5: Last day to update your voter registration address to participate in the March 6th party precinct caucuses. (Must be a resident of the precinct for 30 days and registered to vote no later than 29 days before the precinct caucus).

Feb 6: Last day for county clerks to furnish the Republican and Democratic Parties with a list of registered electors in the county who are affiliated with the Party. (No later than 28 days before the March 6th party precinct caucuses)

Feb 22: Last day to post signs for the March 6th party precinct caucuses. (No later than 12 days before the precinct caucuses)

March 6: Republican Party and Democratic Party Precinct Caucus Day
(In each even-numbered year, political parties hold their precinct caucus on the first Tuesday in March)

March 28: Last day for county clerk to designate drop-off locations and Voter Service and Polling Centers for the June 26th Primary Election. Before designation, clerks must also complete an accessibility survey for all locations. (No later than 90 days before the Primary Election)

March 31: Last day to hold Republican Party and Democratic Party county assemblies. (No later than 25 days after precinct caucuses)

April 2: Last day to file minor party candidate petitions. (No later than 85 days before primary election)

April 6: Last day to submit draft ballot issues to the Title Board, if the issue is to appear on the 2018 General Election ballot.

April 12: Last day for any minor party to notify Secretary of State that it is prohibiting unaffiliated electors from voting in its primary. (Not less than 75 days prior to the primary)

April 14: Last day to hold major/minor party assemblies. (No later than 73 days before the Primary Election)

April 20: Last day a write-in candidate may file an Affidavit of Intent for the Primary Election. (By the close of business on the 67th day before the Primary Election)

April 24: Last day for the county chairperson to certify names and addresses of recommended election judges to the county clerk. (No later than the last Tuesday of April)

April 27: Last day for the Secretary of State to deliver the Primary Election ballot order and content to county clerks. (No later than 60 days before the Primary Election)

The designated election official may cancel the Primary Election if there are no contested races. (By the close of business on the 60th day before the Primary Election)

Last day for the county clerk to send correspondence to each UOCAVA elector whose record is marked "Inactive." This correspondance must include information regarding the upcoming election. (No later than 60 days before the Primary Election)

May 12: Deadline for county clerk to transmit a primary election ballot to military and overseas voters. The county clerk must report to the Secretary of State the number of ballots transmitted to military and overseas electors by the 45-day deadline. (No later than 45 days before the Primary Election

May 17: First day an unaffiliated candidate may circulate or obtain signatures on a petition for nomination for the General Election. (No earlier than 173 days before the General Election)

May 25: Ballots for Primary Election must be printed and in possession of the county clerk. (No later than 32 days before the Primary Election)

County clerk must issue mail ballot to any eligibile elector who requests one in person at the county clerk's office. (Beginning 32 days days before election)

May 29: Last day for voters who are affiliated with a political party to change or withdraw their affiliation if they wish to vote in a different party's primay election. (Up to and including the 29th day before the Primary Election)

Last day for county clerk to record into SCORE and mail primary election ballot to previously unaffiliated electors who have since indicated a party preference. (Up to and including the 29th day before the Primary Election)

June 4: First day that mail ballots may be mailed to voters, except for UOCAVA voters. (Not sooner than 22 days before the Primary Election, now applies to unaffiliated voters)

Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (No later than 22 days before the election)

June 8: Last day to send out initial mail ballots for the Primary Election. (No later than 18 days before the Primary Election)

June 11: Last day for major political parties to appoint members to the county canvass board for the Primary Election. (At least 15 days before the Primary Election)

Last day for designated election official to appoint audit board to conduct RLA. (No later than 15 days before election day)

June 18: Last day for an individual to submit a voter registration application and still receive a ballot in the mail. (Through the 8th day before an election)

June 26: Primary Election (Polls open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)

All ballots must be received by the county clerk by 7:00 p.m. Ballots cast by military and overseas voters must be sent no later than 7:00 p.m. MT and received by the close of business on the 8th day after the election.

720-608-0285

18 Jan 2018 10:03 #3 by MyMountainTown
Elections

Important Election Information
New Voting System
Dominion Imagecast X

Quick Links
Election Types Information
How to Run For Office

720-608-0285
The following user(s) said Thank You: AD4Park

28 Jan 2018 23:24 - 29 Mar 2018 12:11 #4 by MyMountainTown
List of candidates for each position as listed on Tracer. We will update as changes are made.

Park County Commissioner District 3 Candidates:
COMSTOCK, DON Republican
DOUGLAS, RAYMOND Republican, Facebook Page
GOETTELMAN, GARY Republican
HARVEY, DAVID Republican
KNUDSEN, APRIL Unaffiliated, Facebook Page
STOINSKI, PATRICIA Republican, Facebook Page
KELLOGG, ERIC Unaffiliated
WAYLAND, MICHELE Democratic

Park County Sheriff Candidates:
BROWN, MIKE Republican
GORE, MONTE Republican
MCGRAW, THOMAS Republican
RHOADS, GARY Republican
SPODYAK, STEVE Republican
TIGHE, JOHN Republican

Park County Clerk & Recorder Candidates:
GREEN, DEBRA Republican
BERRY, DIANE Democratic

Park County Assessor Candidates:
JONES, MONICA Republican
WISSEL, DAVID Republican
BERRY, TERRENCE Democratic

Park County Coroner Candidates:
KINTZ, DAVID Republican

Park County Surveyor Candidates:
KIRBY, JACK Republican

Park County Treasurer Candidates:
MILLER, MICHELLE Republican
ALVAREZ, LUIS Democratic

South Park Ambulance District Director
LAMB, MARK Non-Partisan
MITCHELL, MARIA Non-Partisan

720-608-0285

14 Feb 2018 12:23 #5 by Mountain-News-Events
[PCT6 INFO]

Hello,

Louise Peterson and I will be conducting a FREE workshop on the Colorado political process.

Everyone is encouraged to ask questions and learn about the “political process” in Colorado. (We will not be discussing policy issues.)

Who: Everyone is welcome to attend and participate in the workshop. We especially extend an a warm invitation to young people who are interested in learning how we choose our leaders for public office.

What: “Introduction to 2018 Colorado Political Process” workshop.

When: Thursday, 02/15/2018
6:30 pm to 7:00 is social time and registration
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm is the workshop

Where: Guffey Firehouse #1 located at 1745 County Road 102 in Guffey, CO.

The Guffey area is Park County Precinct 006. Louise Peterson is a Precinct Leader for Democrats while Jim & Suzanne Montaque are Precinct Leaders for Republicans. Below is their email address:
Louise Peterson This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Jim Montague This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Suzanne Montague This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

For those who don’t know me, I have been a Republican Precinct Leader, County Delegate, State Delegate and Special District Delegate. In 2011, Lani Gosset and I conducted a similar workshop.

Sincerely,
Joe G. Rodriguez

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AD4Park

16 Feb 2018 12:33 #6 by mjones
Replied by mjones on topic Park County Election 2018
I am running for the Park County Assessor and though a number of the questions for the 2018 Candidates do not pertain to the Assessor's Office, I wanted to answer the questions that did.

I am in the process of setting up my web page and other posting and will update the information as I get things done.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

16 Feb 2018 16:57 #7 by Mountain-News-Events
Thank you Ms. Jones, we appreciate you taking the time to answer them, and post them here!

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

16 Feb 2018 17:18 #8 by AD4Park
Replied by AD4Park on topic Park County Election 2018
Why I'm Running for Park County Commissioner:
In my work with youth and families throughout Colorado’s rural regions, I have experienced many systemic issues that are creating barriers in our communities’ capacity to thrive. Housing insecurities, water, food sacristy, transportation, infrastructure, employment opportunities, and funding shortages are all significant issues that impact Park County residents at every level. I believe that we need a new generation of leadership to bring forward collaborative problem solving and creative solutions. I want to use my leadership experience, heart for service, and mind for strategy to help shape the future of Park County. A place where we can all live, grow, and thrive.
Get involved or learn more at: www.aprildawn4park.co
The following user(s) said Thank You: deltamrey, Mountain-News-Events, Carrie

16 Feb 2018 19:26 #9 by Mountain-News-Events
Thank you for also joining us here at My Mountain Town April Dawn Knudsen! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to residents here, and hope to hear more in the future from you. Please do share any meet n greets or other news anytime.

18 Feb 2018 15:27 #10 by 285properties
Two opportunities in Bailey this week to come meet and visit with Sheriff Candidate Steve Spodyak! Learn more about Steve and what he believes in and ask questions. Visit http://stevespodyakforsheriff.com/upcoming-events/ for details on all upcoming events. Stop in to either event to pick up your yard signs!

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Thank you to Chip at The Cutthroat Cafe and Jeff at Crow Hill Cafe for generously opening up their businesses for these events!

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds