"Obama's economy"

21 Aug 2018 14:53 #31 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic "Obama's economy"

Brandon wrote: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of...Obama_administration

Nice Brandon. First of all, is Wikipedia now 100% accurate? Secondly, what SPECIFIC policies did Obama put in place that is STILL energizing the economy? You can't answer this question because there is no good answer. If Obama did NOTHING except bail out a few banks but left everything else alone, the economy would have recovered just fine. Businesses don't rely on the government to help them expand and compete (unless a company like Tesla is lucky enough to get taxpayer help)... business owners know how to make money and grow as long as the government isn't standing in their way with higher taxes, more regulations, and disasters like the ACA. None of you Trump haters will ever admit that lowering taxes and reducing regulations will logically inspire businesses to invest more and to hire more. You also won't admit that creating a situation where there are more jobs than applicants will start to push wages higher. It's common sense to anyone who has an IQ above room temperature.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2018 15:08 #32 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic "Obama's economy"
I would also add that if you think Obama was just using good Keynesian theory of economics to stimulate the economy, then you probably don't know much about that theory. The part I agree with (the only part) is with tax cuts which Obama and FDR both neglected to include at the country's expense. Selective use of Keynesian theory is much worse than applying it as it was intended by Keynes. I'd love to debate you anytime over economics and what actually stimulates an economy, but somehow I don't think you'll take me up on it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Aug 2018 16:36 #33 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic "Obama's economy"

Rick wrote:

Brandon wrote: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of...Obama_administration

Nice Brandon.

No prob. A brain-dead, yammering trump cultist could learn a lot from reading that.

21 Aug 2018 16:37 #34 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic "Obama's economy"

Rick wrote: I would also add that if you think Obama was just using good Keynesian theory of economics to stimulate the economy...

That's an ASSumption on your part. I was just schooling your minion about what the word means.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds