Lions eat Rhino Poachers

10 Jul 2018 15:32 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Lions eat Rhino Poachers
SC,
Thank you for the heads up regarding how much needs to be put into a citation so that it complies with the guidelines.
I stand corrected, the First Reconstruction Act was adopted , March 2, 1867, not 1865, after congress overrode the veto of President Johnson. This Act provided for the enfranchisement of all citizens,( except for ex-Confederates.).
The 15th Amendment is a restating of the FRA and embodying the right to vote in the US Constitution. Blacks had the right to vote upon passage of the FRA, though states could create the criteria for voting. This state's right continued past ratification of the 15th Amendment, e.g. literacy tests, etc. The Civil Rights Act of 1965 put an end to the latter.
Now more importantly what does the fact that there are multi-racial elections in South Africa have to do with blacks being devoured on a private game reserve?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2018 16:09 #12 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Lions eat Rhino Poachers
Nothing. I mentioned that to refute your assertion that game preserves were an "artificial construct of the South African white supremacists that stole the land from the down trodden blacks." Which itself is just part of a very silly straw man argument you've set up to mock how you imagine other people consider this matter.

10 Jul 2018 18:23 #13 by ramage
Brandon,
Thank you for your honesty. I am only sorry that you do not recognize irony.
But, back to the topic. The Sibuya (sp) Game Reserve is a fenced in game farm. When the indigenous people lived there do you think that they put up game fences so that rich clients could relax on their verandas and view the animals while enjoying a South African Chenin Blanc? I don't. Rather, after being driven from the land by the Europeans forcibly, the land was taken without recompense. Now the natives are doing the same to the Europeans. Tit for Tat?
So why shouldn't poor starving natives harvest Rhino meat? Or do you believe the corporation in their press release that these where poachers, only interested in Rhino horns and not food to sustain their families.?

11 Jul 2018 07:18 #14 by Brandon
I did recognize what your post was, and irony isn't my preferred word. What's your source for the history of the game preserve's ownership?

11 Jul 2018 10:30 #15 by ramage
The original newspaper article. You might also read the Facebook (I do not participate in FB) posting on the Sibayu Game Reserve site by Nick Fox, the owner of the Game reserve.

11 Jul 2018 11:02 #16 by Brandon
The OP did not contain a link. Which "original article" asserts this regarding the game preserve:

ramage wrote: ...after being driven from the land by the Europeans forcibly, the land was taken without recompense...

I find it difficult to believe that the preserve's Facebook page says that. Are you lying to us all?

11 Jul 2018 12:50 #17 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Lions eat Rhino Poachers

Brandon wrote:

Rick wrote: Gotta love a story with a happy ending. I'd imagine the poachers suffered about the worst kind of terror followed by a very painful death.

If The Cancer came back for you, would you think it was okay for others to take sadistic glee in your sufferings?

I see VL, so in your very limited and twisted mind, getting cancer is the equal to a poacher getting eaten by lions?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jul 2018 13:13 #18 by ramage
Brandon,
The words you refer to are mine. "ramage wrote: ...after being driven from the land by the Europeans forcibly, the land was taken without recompense..." They do not reference the Sibayu Game Reserve Owner, Mr. Fox.
I refer you to any history of Sub-Saharan Africa as to the subjugation of the indigenous population of that area.
I am not lying to you. Perhaps, after reading of the history of the region you may be in agreement with me that treatment of the indigenous people of North America was benevolent in comparison to what was done to those indigenous people of Sub-Saharan Africa.
So, if I put some rhino vleis on the braai would you like to partake?

11 Jul 2018 13:37 #19 by Brandon

Rick wrote:

I see VL, so in your very limited and twisted mind, getting cancer is the equal to a poacher getting eaten by lions?

Maybe not. Your suffering might be even worse.

11 Jul 2018 13:39 #20 by Brandon

ramage wrote: Brandon,
The words you refer to are mine. "ramage wrote: ...after being driven from the land by the Europeans forcibly, the land was taken without recompense..." They do not reference the Sibayu Game Reserve Owner, Mr. Fox.
I refer you to any history of Sub-Saharan Africa as to the subjugation of the indigenous population of that area.
I am not lying to you. Perhaps, after reading of the history of the region you may be in agreement with me that treatment of the indigenous people of North America was benevolent in comparison to what was done to those indigenous people of Sub-Saharan Africa.
So, if I put some rhino vleis on the braai would you like to partake?

Discerning minds do not move from the general to the particular. I'm forced to conclude that you have no knowledge of that particular preserve's history and have been dishonest with us in that respect.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds