The idiot king

13 Jan 2019 09:48 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The idiot king

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: Just wondering where you people get such retarded memes.

WHO knew.....there is an actually label (historically based) that describes this king....it's called
Imperial Presidency. Look it up if you are curious.

Wouldn't a Imperial President or a Idiot King just go ahead and build the wall? President Trump has twice asked Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer to the White House to negotiate a compromise. The last meeting Nancy outright rejected any money for the wall. She is sounding like the dictator. The Feds will spend over 4 trillion dollars next year in the budget and 5 billion won't break the nation, some might even call it a shovel ready infrastructure project.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2019 07:28 #12 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic The idiot king
An idiot king within the context of a monarchy would do so. An idiot king within the context of a democratic republic can't, barring the declaration of a national emergency.

14 Jan 2019 10:43 #13 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote: An idiot king within the context of a monarchy would do so. An idiot king within the context of a democratic republic can't, barring the declaration of a national emergency.

I am impressed Brandon. You actually formed an intelligent response instead of attacking other posters. Keep it up! Trump is not a king, he is the head of the executive branch who has a vast array of powers, including access to a phone and a pen. Maybe now would be a good time to decide if America wants to trim the powers of future Presidents. Since the Cold War has ended a long time ago, I would love to see the legislative branch have more control over when and where US troops are deployed and sent into combat.

14 Jan 2019 10:49 - 14 Jan 2019 10:51 #14 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic The idiot king
I am also impressed with you, Fred. You actually were able to combine an insult, an ad hominem attack on the previous poster and hypocrisy all in one short post. A true hat trick.

14 Jan 2019 12:12 #15 by Brandon

hillfarmer wrote: I am also impressed with you, Fred. You actually were able to combine an insult, an ad hominem attack on the previous poster and hypocrisy all in one short post. A true hat trick.

He does appear to agree that the idiot king should not be able to declare a national emergency regarding this, however.

14 Jan 2019 14:54 #16 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: I am also impressed with you, Fred. You actually were able to combine an insult, an ad hominem attack on the previous poster and hypocrisy all in one short post. A true hat trick.

:happysnow:

14 Jan 2019 16:20 #17 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: :happysnow:

That's tardcore.

14 Jan 2019 19:50 - 14 Jan 2019 19:51 #18 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote:

FredHayek wrote: :happysnow:

That's tardcore.

You used the "r" word, prepare to be banned!

14 Jan 2019 20:14 - 14 Jan 2019 20:15 #19 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic The idiot king
Hillfarmer,
Please help me out:

1. what is the insult? Brandon had an intelligent response?
2. what is the ad hominem attack? doesn't appear to be against Brandon, perhaps President Trump?
3. Hypocrisy? That the legislative branch should do its constitutional job?

15 Jan 2019 12:52 #20 by parkcobound
Replied by parkcobound on topic The idiot king
www.foxnews.com/politics/heres-what-5-bi...ll-funding-would-buy

if you boys are done arguing over who is smarter..... here is my argument - so you can insult me instead Fred. the 5 billion dollars that you think the dems should concede to will not fix the problem. I sourced Fox news since that is Trump's favorite ;) the whole project is 5 times that amount - so in my mind, how does this remedy the "emergency" if there is a hoard of criminals headed our way? Even IF the dems did come up with a compromise, McConnell has said he will not put to a vote anything the President will not sign. Plus here's a gem for you, this would be a government project, which means it has to be let for bids every step of the way. I've searched for an article but have not yet found one that gives any realistic timeline even if the money was delivered today to the door step of the white house.

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/15/...wall-status-migrants

I have a sincere suspicion that even if the entire border were walled up like the great wall of china by the end of the week, folks who want to come in illegally will find a way. Yes it may be more difficult, but will throwing that kind of money at the problem really solve the problem. I am not aware of whether or not the 9/11 hijackers came into this country through the Mexico border, my recollection on those facts fails me at the moment, however I do not believe the "emergency" exists in the manner the President wants us to believe. I believe the emergency for HIM is that he promised his constituents a wall and even though what he is proposing will only cover a small portion of the border, he needs to get it in or he is afraid he will not be re-elected in 2020.

I also firmly believe that while there are instances of abuse of the system by BOTH legal and illegal aliens, the system is equally abused by folks that were born in this country and this wall will not solve any of those issues.

I have concerns over where the money is going to come from, particularly with the recent tax code overhaul and the thing that concerns me more than anything is that this money could be put to better use inside the country on infrastructure or programs that create jobs (and don't quote to me the jobs numbers - just because so many people have jobs, does not mean they make enough to actually pay their bills - or don't hold down 3 jobs before they are able to pay their bills - being employed does not necessarily solve the economic problems in this country) that actually make a difference in peoples lives and further our economy. Certainly I am not an expert, but that is my viewpoint and I have a serious issue with either party holding all of the federal workers' jobs hostage over a wall that may or may not solve any real problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brandon

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds