Colorado lawmakers reintroducing 'red flag' gun bill

28 Feb 2020 09:00 #31 by ramage
The topic heading is misleading in that "Red Flag" is now the law in Colorado. Perhaps the moderator would consider renaming the heading to simply RED FLAG LAW.

What I wish to point out that an inmate at the Weld County jail has "red-flagged" the sheriff of Weld County, Steve Reams. The inmate claims that deputies are walking through the jail and shooting inmates. As the inmate lists his residence as the Weld County jail, he has a relationship with the Sheriff and thus is considered to have standing by the law.
Thank you legislature and Governor Polis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2020 11:31 #32 by ScienceChic
You want us to change the history of the post? Why? To make it more confusing for someone who reads past posts to follow along as the issue developed?

History is not a static thing, events that happen have consequences and people change based on what happens. Changing the title makes it sound like it was a done deal when it was proposed and diminishes the debate, which was relevant and valid, on the pros and cons of the issue.

You are welcome to start a new topic, and put a link to this older one in your first post, if you feel that this one has run its course and the subject would be better served by starting fresh.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Feb 2020 13:59 #33 by ramage
i apologize for being inarticulate. I should have started a new topic "RED FLAG LAW" but I believed that previous posts regarding the, at the time, proposed law, would be germane to the conversation.
Doing that, creating a new topic, the readers would not have the opportunity to see the comments made regarding the law prior to its implementation.
Perhaps there is a way on MMT to subordinate a previous topic into a new topic so that the old comments can be accessed?

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds