"Fake News"

16 Mar 2019 08:10 #1 by Pony Soldier
"Fake News" was created by Pony Soldier
Some of you deride me for not posting links or reading your links. There is a good reason that I don't. The media, formerly our insurance policy against corruption in government, has become itself corrupt. It has been infiltrated by the CIA and other agencies and acts as nothing more than the Ministry of Truth in Orwell's famous novel.

www.globalresearch.ca/the-cia-and-the-me...eeds-to-know/5471956

www.oilempire.us/mediacia.html

www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document...00965r000403400001-3

www.aim.org/special-report/how-obamas-ci...nipulated-the-media/

www.corbettreport.com/how-the-cia-plants...tories-in-the-media/

I would hazard a guess that 90% or more of our under-educated, brain dead population gets most or all of their news from 5 or 6 mainstream sources. Control of those through consolidation of ownership and infiltration / recruitment was accompished years ago. We are now seeing the results. We are 1984
The following user(s) said Thank You: DickDime

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2019 14:31 #2 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic "Fake News"
i can't imagine why anyone would bother to deride you. However, you forgot to link to the truly informed world of Alex Jones. Here is a summary for you: www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-lis...acy-theories-195468/

16 Mar 2019 14:40 #3 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic "Fake News"
I didn’t forget anything. Alex Jones is dangerously crazy. I haven’t listened to anything out of his mouth or site since the first time I heard him.

18 Mar 2019 08:01 #4 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic "Fake News"
Conspiracy theories have an interesting function in society. They allow the most deluded, gullible, and uncritical people imaginable to think that they have some special sort of knowledge that makes them superior to the rest of us.

18 Mar 2019 08:56 #5 by Pony Soldier
I'm not understanding your reply. Are you replying to the Alex Jones stuff or are you saying that the intel agencies don't employ key people in the news outlets?

18 Mar 2019 16:20 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic "Fake News"
Towermonkey, it's really hard to debate your position with you when the sources you cite are so untrustworthy; nearly as bad as InfoWars. No, the media has not been "infiltrated" by government agents, at best it's filled with lazy journalists who don't bother digging into their stories to find the big picture truth or who toe the corporate line simply to get clicks and revenue, and at worst, there are some (not all) compromised journalists at every publication who should be reviewed and dismissed for pushing propaganda (i.e. Maggie Haberman at the NY Times) or leaking confidential information they had no business revealing (i.e. Jason Leopold at Buzzfeed).

There is no "Deep State," the conspiracy theories around 9/11 have been debunked, and even you once realized that climate change was happening and mankind was culpable.

Media Bias Fact Check - The Corbett Report
Media BIas Fact Check - Accuracy in Media (AIM)
Global Research

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Mar 2019 16:43 #7 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic "Fake News"

ScienceChic wrote: ........

There is no "Deep State," the conspiracy theories around 9/11 have been debunked, ]

What? I have never heard of anyone linking the deep state and 9/11 conspiracies.

18 Mar 2019 18:06 #8 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic "Fake News"

ScienceChic wrote: Towermonkey, it's really hard to debate your position with you when the sources you cite are so untrustworthy; nearly as bad as InfoWars. No, the media has not been "infiltrated" by government agents, at best it's filled with lazy journalists who don't bother digging into their stories to find the big picture truth or who toe the corporate line simply to get clicks and revenue, and at worst, there are some (not all) compromised journalists at every publication who should be reviewed and dismissed for pushing propaganda (i.e. Maggie Haberman at the NY Times) or leaking confidential information they had no business revealing (i.e. Jason Leopold at Buzzfeed).

There is no "Deep State," the conspiracy theories around 9/11 have been debunked, and even you once realized that climate change was happening and mankind was culpable.

Global Research

BB..... I think the bolded are THREE separate talking points...there is a comma after deep state.
YES, I believe it is a BIG undertaking to understand what is ''true'' and what is''FALSE'', I am retired,so time is a tremendous asset when it comes to 'DIGGING DEEPER''

18 Mar 2019 20:09 - 18 Mar 2019 20:10 #9 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic "Fake News"
SC,
It is difficult to take seriously your references when they egregiously make such errors as this "Professor Emiritus"

If you wish to have a serious discussion regarding climate change, please provide your definition. From my perspective the climate is constantly changing. However I do not accept the notion that "anthropomorphic climate change" is the underlying cause.

19 Mar 2019 07:56 #10 by Pony Soldier

ScienceChic wrote: Towermonkey, it's really hard to debate your position with you when the sources you cite are so untrustworthy; nearly as bad as InfoWars. No, the media has not been "infiltrated" by government agents, at best it's filled with lazy journalists who don't bother digging into their stories to find the big picture truth or who toe the corporate line simply to get clicks and revenue, and at worst, there are some (not all) compromised journalists at every publication who should be reviewed and dismissed for pushing propaganda (i.e. Maggie Haberman at the NY Times) or leaking confidential information they had no business revealing (i.e. Jason Leopold at Buzzfeed).

Global Research

Sure, attack the source instead of arguing on merits... Rule number one. You did see that I actually linked the CIA website for info on the CIA? I guess you are agreeing with me that they are not to be trusted...

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds