"Fake News"

Replied by towermonkey on topic "Fake News"

I also would love to see how you arrived at the conclusion that 9/11 conspiracies have been debunked or that there is no deep state. 9/11 was, by definition, a conspiracy at the very least between the terrorists. Saudi funding has now been proven. To boldly state that all of the conspiracy theories have been proven false is just plain wrong. As tithe deep state, the constant dribbling of information related to the handling of the Clinton investigation vs the Trump investigation would tend to prove you wrong yet again.
19 Mar 2019 08:42 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ScienceChic on topic "Fake News"

BlazerBob: I wasn't trying to link them, I was stating that every one of them are conspiracy theories with no basis in fact. That's what they have in common. My apologies if I didn't make that clear.

ramage wrote: SC,
It is difficult to take seriously your references when they egregiously make such errors as this "Professor Emiritus"

If you wish to have a serious discussion regarding climate change, please provide your definition. From my perspective the climate is constantly changing. However I do not accept the notion that "anthropomorphic climate change" is the underlying cause.

ramage, you need to look closer at who posted what on that thread I linked. I was referencing towermonkey's quote at the top. The post including "Professor Emeritus" is neither mine (it's by member Hello again, not Science Chic) nor one with which I agreed. I am glad to hear that you also disagree with that post, as Hal Lewis was wrong.

Regarding your request for a definition of climate change and discussion on anthropomorphic climate change, did we not discuss this already in this thread? If I missed answering a question about it, please let me know there so we can keep this thread on-topic about fake news. Thanks!

towermonkey wrote: Sure, attack the source instead of arguing on merits... Rule number one. You did see that I actually linked the CIA website for info on the CIA? I guess you are agreeing with me that they are not to be trusted...

TM, did you read the article that was linked on that CIA page that had been declassified? There was absolutely NO mention of the CIA being involved in, or getting embedded in, the media. On the contrary, that article discusses terrorists manipulation of the media and contained this quote within it:

I'm not quite sure how you thought it supported your argument, can you explain please what I'm missing?

As to the 9/11 conspiracy, I'm referring to the notion that our own government had a hand in it. That we knew it was coming and let it happen. Of course the Saudis were involved - the majority of the pilots came from that nation. And why the Trump administration continues to try to cozy up to them, selling them weapons, doing real estate deals, helping cover for Kashoggi's murder, and trying to share nuclear power technology with them is incomprehensible to me.

The handling of the Clinton investigation was done by a man who wanted media attention, who would hold press conferences at the end of his driveway. He was no professional. Of course that's night-and-day different between that and the current SCO which is run by a man of utmost integrity. Mueller doesn't give press conferences, he doesn't do media whoring, he does his job.
The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh
20 Mar 2019 10:30 #12
Attachments:

Replied by homeagain on topic "Fake News"

www.cits.ucsb.edu/fake-news/where

An overview of the problem and great sub categories to dig deeper...….
20 Mar 2019 11:08 #13

Replied by ramage on topic "Fake News"

SC,
In re-reading towermonkey's posts in this thread I could find no reference to the highlighted comment that you make. I could have missed it and would appreciate your pointing out where you found it. Also I could not find any comments by HelloAgain in this thread, "Fake News".

"Regarding your request for a definition of climate change and discussion on anthropomorphic climate change, did we not discuss this already in this thread? If I missed answering a question about it, please let me know there so we can keep this thread on-topic about fake news. Thanks!

There is no "Deep State," the conspiracy theories around 9/11 have been debunked, and even you once realized that climate change was happening and mankind was culpable."

Both comments come from you. I am happy to stay on point in this thread but why do you insist on comments regarding climate change? Such comments require response.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2019 15:21 by ramage.
20 Mar 2019 14:56 #14

Replied by ScienceChic on topic "Fake News"

Let me see if I can clarify:

ramage wrote: SC,
It is difficult to take seriously your references when they egregiously make such errors as this "Professor Emiritus"

ramage, you mentioned Professor Emeritus, which you could've only known had you gone to this link on 285freetalk that I posted in my first reply in this topic. I wasn't trying to discuss Hello again's post on that forum, I was referencing TM's comment which directly relates to digging for the truth, and believing trusted sources over conspiracy sites like several of the ones he originally cited in this topic.

I wasn't trying to start a discussion on climate change in this thread, I was merely making a comparison to the denial of it as being the same as the conspiracy theory that our government was complicit in 9/11 and the notion that a "Deep State" exists. Nothing more than that. When you replied asking for more, that's when I asked, proactively, to move further discussion pertaining to climate change to the other thread to which I linked so as to keep things organized. Nothing more, nothing less.
The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh
21 Mar 2019 07:39 #15

Replied by towermonkey on topic "Fake News"

This picture was taken September 13th, 2001. That is Bush, Cheney, and Saudi Arabia's Prince Bandar. Why were 160 well connected Saudis allowed to fly out of the country immediately after 9/11, but Americans were grounded? Why were the 28 pages of the 9/11 report that implicated Saudi Arabia sealed until last year? What connections existed between the Bush's and the bin Ladens? Carlyle Group anyone?

I really take offense when someone, based on some random article they've read from a "trusted source", flatly states that there was no conspiracy to 9/11.
28 Mar 2019 09:28 #16
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds