Equality? Male NCAA Track Star Switches To Female Senior Year And CLEANS UP

27 May 2019 18:00 #2 by hillfarmer
So what? Is there something wrong with realizing what your real gender is and then following your instincts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2019 18:08 #3 by Blazer Bob

hillfarmer wrote: So what? Is there something wrong with realizing what your real gender is and then following your instincts?

Yes. It cheats all the women who have been female their whole life.

28 May 2019 12:01 #4 by FredHayek
Should make the Olympics very interesting. In the 70's communist nations were accused of pumping up their female athletes with testosterone, now transgender athletes will be legal to compete.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 May 2019 22:04 #6 by ScienceChic
And the follow up:

CeCe Telfer is a trans athlete who doesn’t win every time
The college senior wins some, loses some, but is always a champion.
By Dawn Ennis Updated May 26, 2019

ORIGINAL STORY, March 10: Bad news for those looking for proof that transgender women athletes are “destroying” women’s athletics because of what they claim is their “inherent advantage” over cisgender — non-trans — competitors.

They will surely be disappointed in the results from the NCAA Division II Indoor Track & Field Championships in Pittsburgh, Kan. Saturday. If anything, they will see that one young trans woman, CeCe Telfer, who’s been targeted by right-wing websites for “switching to female” didn’t even crack the top five in any of her events.

Chris Mosier on Making History as First Trans Member of Team USA
“It’s a very different experience when you put the person before the pronoun.”
By LAUREN STEELE

Because of recent regulatory changes from the International Olympic Commission (IOC), the World Anti-Doping Agency, USA Triathlon and other governing bodies of athletics, trans athletes who have undergone hormone therapy for one year and pass Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) tests are allowed to compete without restriction.

Individual athletes and media outlets, from former Olympic judo competitor Ronda Rousey to The Australian (a weekly newspaper published in Australia) have spoken against the IOC’s policy on allowing transgender athletes to compete, often stating that transgender women often have a competitive edge due to higher levels of testosterone.

But despite knee-jerk reactions and opinions, science provides a clear explanation for why, in many sports, transgender athletes don’t maintain any athletic advantage. “It’s not the anatomy that matters, it’s the hormones.”

For transgender men, the practical target for hormone therapy is to increase testosterone levels to the normal male physiological range (300–1000 ng/dl) by administering testosterone. A practical hormonal target for transgender women through hormone therapy is to decrease testosterone levels to the normal female range (30–100 ng/dl) without supra-physiological levels of estradiol (<200 pg/ml) by administering an antiandrogen and estrogen. According to studies, as testosterone levels approach female norms, trans women see a decrease in muscle mass, bone density and the number of oxygen-carrying red cells in their blood. Estrogen boosts fat storage. Together, these changes lead to a loss of speed, strength and endurance – all key components to any athletic advantage. No one gets bigger, faster and stronger on estrogen.

To abide by current IOC regulation, an athlete must demonstrate that her total testosterone level in serum has been below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to her first competition (with the requirement for any longer period to be based on a confidential case-by-case evaluation, considering whether or not 12 months is a sufficient length of time to minimize any advantage in women’s competition).

Currently, no trans athlete has dominated a sport on the national or international level.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 May 2019 22:23 #7 by Blazer Bob
So it's fair if it's only unfair part of the time? Or if it only has happened below the national level?

28 May 2019 22:32 #8 by Blazer Bob
www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/g...s-its-insane-and-its

Martina Navratilova, who won multiple Wimbledon and U.S. Open titles and is considered among the best female tennis players in history, denounced the idea that transgender females -- men who claim they are women -- can compete fairly in women's sports, stating "it's insane and it's cheating."

"t is surely unfair on women who have to compete against people who, biologically, are still men," she wrote in The Sunday Times on Feb. 17. "[F]airness should always be valued and strived for" and "unfairness introduced through human action and chemical means should be condemned and outlawed."

Transgender "female" Rachel McKinnon, who won the women's Masters Track
cycling world championship in October 2018. (YouTube)
Navratilova, who came out as a lesbian in 1981, wrote her commentary on transgender athletes partly in response to being criticized by transgender "female" cyclist Rachel McKinnon, a biological male who won the women's Masters Track cycling world championship in October 2018.

Navratilova had also been attacked for tweeting, “You can’t just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women. There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard.”

The tennis legend explains that, after the criticism, she researched the topic of transgenderism at length and found that the evidence only confirmed her views.

"f anything, my views have strengthened," she wrote in The Times. "To put the argument at its most basic: a man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organisation is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires."

"It’s insane and it’s cheating," said Navratilova. "I am happy to address a transgender woman in whatever form she prefers, but I would not be happy to compete against her. It would not be fair."

Tennis champion Martina Navratilova. (YouTube)
"Simply reducing hormone levels — the prescription most sports have adopted — does not solve the problem," she wrote. "A man builds up muscle and bone density, as well as a greater number of oxygen-carrying red blood cells, from childhood. Training increases the discrepancy. Indeed, if a male were to change gender in such a way as to eliminate any accumulated advantage, he would have to begin hormone treatment before puberty. For me, that is unthinkable."

Navratilova continued, "Hundreds of athletes who have changed gender by declaration and limited hormone treatment have already achieved honours as women that were beyond their capabilities as men, especially in sports in which power rather than skill is paramount. McKinnon is just one example."

"That may uphold the International Olympic Committee’s charter, which holds that 'the practice of sport is a human right,' but it is surely unfair on women who have to compete against people who, biologically, are still men, she said.

Transgender "female" Rachel McKinnon, center, a biological male who won a women's cycling championship.
"I still believe that fairness should always be valued and strived for, and that unfairness introduced through human action and chemical means should be condemned and outlawed," said Navratilova, who won nine Wimbledon titles (Grand Slam Singles), four U.S. Open titles, and two French Open titles.

Navratilova, 62 and a U.S. citizen, also denounced the "tyranny" of the politically correct gender police. "I also deplore what seems to be a growing tendency among transgender activists to denounce anyone who argues against them and to label them all as 'transphobes,'" she wrote. "That’s just another form of tyranny. I’m relatively tough and was able to stand up for myself in my Twitter exchange with McKinnon, but I worry that others may be cowed into silence or submission."

She continued, "Here’s how I concluded my Twitter spat: 'Rachel [McKinnon], you may be an expert on all things trans, but you are one nasty human being. Attack, attack, attack. I will not take it from you. You did not engage; you bullied."

28 May 2019 23:09 #9 by ScienceChic
I don't understand your first reply's questions BB. It's fair at any level, which is why I posted both about that athlete in particular that your article had tried to cherry pick her results to support their narrative, and the article about a transgender man now being allowed to compete in the Olympic games for the U.S.

That's her opinion, but it's not supported by the science or by the reality of the results. Transgendered individuals are not dominating and always winning when they compete, so they don't have an unfair advantage or they would be.

Winning at sports takes more than simple physiology and Navratilova should know that.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 May 2019 08:12 #10 by ramage
"Male Runner Wins Women’s NCAA National Championship" dailycaller.com 5/28/2019

A biological male who identifies as a woman won an NCAA national championship over Memorial Day weekend.

Franklin Pierce University runner CeCe Telfer won the Division II women’s 400-meter hurdles on Saturday night, besting the second-place finisher by more than a second.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds