Raise Your Hand if You Want To Lose

29 Jun 2019 09:39 - 29 Jun 2019 09:46 #1 by Rick
That's basically what every candidate just did during that last joke of a "debate". I know there are not many people on this board willing to stick their necks out and defend a lot of these insane leftist proposals, but I have to wonder if you are getting at least a little nervous about your chances of voting Trump out of office... am I wrong?

When every candidate on the stage Thursday night declared they would be in favor of giving illegal immigrants taxpayer funded healthcare, how popular do you think that will be with the majority of LEGAL American voters? Add to that the idea that people who break immigration laws should not be classified as illegal, can you not see the incredibly powerful magnet that would create? Have you tried to get a doctor's appointment lately? Do you like the idea of paying for the medical care of anyone who strolls across our border? Are you insane? You would have to be in order to believe this is anything but a recipe for a real health care disaster.

The good news is that none of these people on stage really stand for anything, they only want to win. Therefore I predict that when the field thins out to just a few candidates, none of them will endorse this moronic idea, even if they did raise their hand Thursday night.

There's so many idiotic ideas to talk about later, but what do you think about this one? I'm hoping at least a couple of you can explain why I'm wrong.

Hope you all have a great weekend and and fun 4th!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2019 12:23 #2 by ramage
In case anyone missed it, Bennet and Hickenlooper stood up and were counted as supporting the concept of FREE medical care for illegal aliens. There is no free lunch, we, the taxpayers will be footing the bill while we still have to pay for our own health insurance.
Time to identify as a trans-gender illegal alien.

29 Jun 2019 13:37 #3 by homeagain

Rick wrote: That's basically what every candidate just did during that last joke of a "debate". I know there are not many people on this board willing to stick their necks out and defend a lot of these insane leftist proposals, but I have to wonder if you are getting at least a little nervous about your chances of voting Trump out of office... am I wrong?

When every candidate on the stage Thursday night declared they would be in favor of giving illegal immigrants taxpayer funded healthcare, how popular do you think that will be with the majority of LEGAL American voters? Add to that the idea that people who break immigration laws should not be classified as illegal, can you not see the incredibly powerful magnet that would create? Have you tried to get a doctor's appointment lately? Do you like the idea of paying for the medical care of anyone who strolls across our border? Are you insane? You would have to be in order to believe this is anything but a recipe for a real health care disaster.

The good news is that none of these people on stage really stand for anything, they only want to win. Therefore I predict that when the field thins out to just a few candidates, none of them will endorse this moronic idea, even if they did raise their hand Thursday night.

There's so many idiotic ideas to talk about later, but what do you think about this one? I'm hoping at least a couple of you can explain why I'm wrong.

bolded...I did NOT watch the debates, for that exact reason. Let the field level out and then
observe the remaining candidates. Their platforms were predictable. WHEN they get serious
then I will listen. OMG.....we can agree on some things....who knew?

29 Jun 2019 17:01 #4 by Rick
What did we agree on HA? Was it that none of the candidates stand for anything and will quickly fold when their BS is scrutinized by 3rd grade math students?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jun 2019 20:36 #5 by Rick
But seriously HA, what do you think of the idea of giving free healthcare to every person on the planet that can walk across our border? SC, you out there?

You're both going to be voting for one of these people or you'll waste your vote on some third party candidate again which is about the same as not voting at all.

I'm just craving an explanation of this idea which seems to be almost as unrealistic as the Green New Deal.

George Orwell

29 Jun 2019 21:17 #6 by Blazer Bob
I am stunned to see this on CNN. Someone who not live in an alt reality. Starting abt the 1 min mark.
I will be curious if the left attacks her or ignores her. Pretty sure that they will not listen to her.

www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/06/29/d...pp-monologue-vpx.cnn

30 Jun 2019 08:26 #7 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: I am stunned to see this on CNN. Someone who not live in an alt reality. Starting abt the 1 min mark.
I will be curious if the left attacks her or ignores her. Pretty sure that they will not listen to her.

Here's the thing.....collectively you underestimate me....I AGREE one thousand percent with Cupp. I am extremely disappointed at what I see so far.....again, I would have given $100
to see Seth Moulton doing the debates, HE seems like the most "grounded" guy around.

30 Jun 2019 08:36 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote: What did we agree on HA? Was it that none of the candidates stand for anything and will quickly fold when their BS is scrutinized by 3rd grade math students?

At this point in time,I DO NOT think anyone "stands"..it is ALL a dog and pony show(been there,
seen that a thousand times in ATT) and that includes the King.....the photo op at the DMZ and
N Korea was the epitome of showmanship and NO SUBSTANCE....if he brings back concrete
concessions and does NOT get "played" by KIM.....THEN I might change my mindset.

30 Jun 2019 08:50 #9 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: I am stunned to see this on CNN. Someone who not live in an alt reality. Starting abt the 1 min mark.

Here's the thing.....collectively you underestimate me....I AGREE one thousand percent with Cupp. I am extremely disappointed at what I see so far.....again, I would have given $100
to see Seth Moulton doing the debates, HE seems like the most "grounded" guy around.

OMG Now you have done it!!
Attachments:

30 Jun 2019 08:58 #10 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: That's basically what every candidate just did during that last joke of a "debate". I know there are not many people on this board willing to stick their necks out and defend a lot of these insane leftist proposals, but I have to wonder if you are getting at least a little nervous about your chances of voting Trump out of office... am I wrong?

To answer your question, yes, I am. Every one of these candidates is completely missing the mark on what they should be focusing on: beating Trump, who has only briefly ever had an approval rating above 50%, who lies blatantly and incessantly, and who patronizes murderous dictators of foreign enemy governments who've attacked or threatened to attack us. They will sabotage their chances of re-election if they don't stop with some of the unpopular issue stances they are taking.

Rick wrote: When every candidate on the stage Thursday night declared they would be in favor of giving illegal immigrants' taxpayer funded healthcare, how popular do you think that will be with the majority of LEGAL American voters? Add to that the idea that people who break immigration laws should not be classified as illegal, can you not see the incredibly powerful magnet that would create? Have you tried to get a doctor's appointment lately? Do you like the idea of paying for the medical care of anyone who strolls across our border? Are you insane? You would have to be in order to believe this is anything but a recipe for a real health care disaster.

It's not popular, though I will say that we were already paying for illegal immigrants healthcare in emergency room visits. I am completely against the position that every illegal immigrant should be decriminalized - there are people with nefarious intentions (human traffickers being the worst) who cross our borders and if we don't screen them, they won't be caught. We cannot and should not have unchecked immigration. However, what the Trump administration is doing, taking it too far the other way, is criminal, inhumane child abuse, a violation of human rights and should be condemned and ended immediately. We should not be deporting teachers, students, active duty military or their families , etc just because their visa expired, they messed up some paperwork or they're bogged down in the slow immigration process, especially if they are good, upstanding citizens making positive contributions to our country. We need to be addressing the root causes of increased immigration - helping end the rampant crime and violence in central America so that people don't feel the pressure to flee to stay safe. Where are those proposals?? I've been finding and saving information on this topic and would like to have a separate discussion on this after the holiday.

Rick wrote: The good news is that none of these people on stage really stand for anything, they only want to win. Therefore I predict that when the field thins out to just a few candidates, none of them will endorse this moronic idea, even if they did raise their hand Thursday night.

Of course they want to win, so does Trump, duh. They stand for a lot of things, but they better start paying attention to what moderates (conservative and liberal alike) want if they want to win.

Rick wrote: There's so many idiotic ideas to talk about later, but what do you think about this one? I'm hoping at least a couple of you can explain why I'm wrong.

You as well! I'm visiting my brother whom I rarely get to see (and having computer trauma) so I'll be scarce, not trying to ignore anyone's posts.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds