Explaining THIS to teenagers...

09 Nov 2019 14:54 #1 by homeagain
www.factcheck.org/2019/11/trump-spins-co...on-trump-foundation/

THIS is our leader,the king, who STEALS from charities....all for his own gain....I'm elated I do NOT have grandchildren to explain this callous
charlatan and WHY the POTUS is privileged enough to get away with it (until now)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2019 11:01 #2 by FredHayek
Actually it is probably smart to educate our youth on how corrupt politicians are. Example Nancy Pelosi gets paid less than 250K a year yet she is worth 200 plus million dollars. I know she is old, but she didn't serve 400 plus years.
Look at President Obama, he earned about 400K a year as POTUS for eight years but he recently bought a 14 million home. And although he has no experience in film, Netflix is giving him million of dollars to produce films for them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Nov 2019 12:02 #3 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Actually it is probably smart to educate our youth on how corrupt politicians are. Example Nancy Pelosi gets paid less than 250K a year yet she is worth 200 plus million dollars. I know she is old, but she didn't serve 400 plus years.
Look at President Obama, he earned about 400K a year as POTUS for eight years but he recently bought a 14 million home. And although he has no experience in film, Netflix is giving him million of dollars to produce films for them.

And that proves they are corrupt how?

11 Nov 2019 13:21 #4 by koobookie
While you're trying (and failing) to show that Pelosi and Obama are corrupt, our President illegally diverted $2.8 million from a charity for veterans to his 2016 campaign.

11 Nov 2019 18:01 #5 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: While you're trying (and failing) to show that Pelosi and Obama are corrupt, our President illegally diverted $2.8 million from a charity for veterans to his 2016 campaign.

You honestly believe Nancy Pelosi would have earned those hundreds of millions if she hadn't been a member and Speaker for decades in the House? LOL. You really are naïve. And likewise, President Obama and his people helped out Netflix and were rewarded with this job he wasn't qualified for.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Nov 2019 07:42 #6 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: While you're trying (and failing) to show that Pelosi and Obama are corrupt, our President illegally diverted $2.8 million from a charity for veterans to his 2016 campaign.

You honestly believe Nancy Pelosi would have earned those hundreds of millions if she hadn't been a member and Speaker for decades in the House? LOL. You really are naïve. And likewise, President Obama and his people helped out Netflix and were rewarded with this job he wasn't qualified for.

Provide your proof that they obtained their money in a corrupt manner. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

Meanwhile, we know for a FACT that Trump is corrupt, since he took money from a charity - slated for veterans - and directed it to his campaign. Are you okay with that?

12 Nov 2019 08:00 #7 by ramage
Source?

Meanwhile, we know for a FACT that Trump is corrupt, since he took money from a charity - slated for veterans - and directed it to his campaign. Are you okay with that?

12 Nov 2019 08:56 #8 by ScienceChic
Judge fines Trump $2 million for misusing charity foundation
By MICHAEL R. SISAK | November 8, 2019

Judge Says Trump Must Pay $2 Million Over Misuse Of Foundation Funds
By Merrit Kennedy | November 7, 2019

A New York judge has ruled that President Trump must pay $2 million in damages to settle claims that the Trump Foundation misused funds. The money will go to a group of charities, and the foundation is in the process of dissolving.

The case is tied to a televised fundraiser for veterans held by Trump in Iowa when he was running for president in January 2016. Trump had said the funds raised would be distributed to charities. But according to court documents, the Trump Foundation improperly used $2.82 million it received from that fundraiser.

According to the judgment, that money "was used for Mr. Trump's political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump's campaign staff, rather than by the Foundation," which is unlawful. However, Justice Saliann Scarpulla says the funds did eventually reach charity organizations supporting veterans.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Nov 2019 09:40 #9 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.factcheck.org/2019/11/trump-spins-co...on-trump-foundation/

THIS is our leader,the king, who STEALS from charities....all for his own gain....I'm elated I do NOT have grandchildren to explain this callous
charlatan and WHY the POTUS is privileged enough to get away with it (until now)

SOURCE? I'm sorry, apparently I did not make the SOURCE prominent enough in my post.

12 Nov 2019 16:58 #10 by ramage
You reference states that a settlement was reached. If that is your FACT so be it. By the way,
I would like to employ you at 50K per MONTH to sit on my board. It is not important that you don't know anything about our business. Your husband is the VP of the US correct?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds