The IG Report is Near

23 Nov 2019 21:52 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The IG Report is Near
This will be the true test of whether or not journalism is dead. It will be the true test of whether or not TV and print media is willing to put their partisan shields down and tell the truth as it must be told, even if it makes the last 3 years of their coverage look like a massive joke. I doubt the report will be given the weight it deserves by the press because it will further destroy any credibility they had left. For them to admit that the Russia investigation was riddled with corruption, lies, and sleazy partisans in the most powerful places, would be to admit that the were either too inept to put the pieces together or they were themselves partisan propagandists and not the watchdogs for the American people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2019 12:33 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The IG Report is Near

ScienceChic wrote: Are you prepared to accept the findings of the IG’s report Rick?

thehill.com/homenews/senate/473584-graha...ence-was-manipulated

UNFORTUNATELY it will be similar to the Mueller mess......GRAHAM will be disappointed that the report is NOT STRONGLY on their side.....some mistakes were made, But not to the level the
R'S are stating......it is almost a nothing burger, as the HILL is reporting HOROWITZ holds
NO real wrong doing.(asI understand the article)

09 Dec 2019 11:05 - 09 Dec 2019 11:26 #13 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The IG Report is Near
The Inspector General's Report has just been released: oig.justice.gov/reports/2019/r191127.pdf

Executive Summary: Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

Inspector general report says FBI had ‘authorized purpose’ to investigate Trump campaign’s Russia ties but finds some wrongdoing
By Karoun Demirjian, Matt Zapotosky, Ellen Nakashima and Devlin Barrett, The Washington Post | Dec. 9, 2019

A long-awaited Justice Department inspector general’s report examining the FBI’s investigation into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia rebuts allegations of illegal spying and that political bias played a role in the probe begun ahead of the 2016 election, but finds serious faults in other areas, according to a copy of the document obtained by The Washington Post.

The inspector general concludes that the FBI had an “authorized purpose” to initiate the investigation and that the bureau’s use of confidential informants was in compliance with the rules.

The Justice Department inspector general is expected to release the full report later Monday.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

10 Dec 2019 07:07 #14 by homeagain
AS EXPECTED.....the collective will NOT accept the findings.....the narrative does not further
the fairy tale,so now there will be a temper tantrum.....:popcorn:

10 Dec 2019 15:09 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The IG Report is Near
Wow. Really makes the FBI look like the Keystone Cops. Sort of funny to see that Clint Eastwood's film about the injustice done to Richard Jewell came out this same week. The FBI looks both incompetent and omnipotent. They were willing to ruin lives based on very flimsy evidence and no one was allowed to stop them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Dec 2019 12:22 #16 by homeagain
Gee, I am NOT seeing a response from the OP......????

15 Dec 2019 09:03 #17 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic The IG Report is Near
On this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday,” former FBI Director James Comey said that the Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia probe’s use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) was unacceptable.

Comey said, “He’s right. I was wrong. I was overconfident as director in our procedures of the FBI and Justice have built over 20 years years. I thought they were robust enough. It’s incredibly hard to get a FISA. I was overconfident in those because he’s right, there was real sloppiness — 17 things that should have been in the application or at least discussed and characterized differently. It was not acceptable, so he’s right. I was wrong.”

Foxnews.com 12/15/2019

15 Dec 2019 15:37 #18 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Are you ready for it? Have your worthless sources warned you about it? Do you realize how this will be used when the sham impeachment goes to the Senate where the POS Schiff will not be in control ? Of course you have no idea what I'm talking about because your little bubbles don't allow any truth to penetrate. You won't have to wait much longer (unlike HA's recession predictions).

[/b]

I am very observant of trends....the TREND NOW is exposing corruption in ALL forms, not
just the king or our government,but society in general. The Fourth Turning is occurring AND
the paradigm is required to change.....it is our choice as a species.

OH BY THE WAY......personal loans are on the uptick (might want to research that one)THAT
reflects problems within the economy ( but then, that is such a small piece of the puzzle, I can
see why you might have OVERLOOKED the information.

When there is an obvious screwup...then steps are required to correct the problem....the
PROBLEMS are so pervasive thru out our gov....(on both sides) that a MAJOR overhaul is
mandatory...and from my pov. THAT is what we are presently dealing with. We will come out the other side a better nation.....but there WILL BE pain. So, Rick, in part, you were correct.

16 Dec 2019 21:15 #19 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The IG Report is Near

homeagain wrote: Gee, I am NOT seeing a response from the OP......????

Do you think the report exonerates the FBI and all the people who were involved in the investigation, like Comey? Will you accept what Durham finds since he has a much broader scope, domestically and internationally?

The IG report was devastating to the credibility of Obama's FBI. Do you also believe that a lack of documented and or testimonial evidence of bias is in fact proof that there was no bias? Please explain if this is your belief.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Dec 2019 05:30 #20 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic The IG Report is Near

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: Gee, I am NOT seeing a response from the OP......????

Do you think the report exonerates the FBI and all the people who were involved in the investigation, like Comey? Will you accept what Durham finds since he has a much broader scope, domestically and internationally?

The IG report was devastating to the credibility of Obama's FBI. Do you also believe that a lack of documented and or testimonial evidence of bias is in fact proof that there was no bias? Please explain if this is your belief.

Or you can try flipping a coin 17 times and, if it comes up heads every time, you will have proved that there is no proof of bias. (Don't forget the "doctored" email that was altered to portray exactly the opposite of what it originally said.)

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds