Unanswered Questions Thread

20 Jan 2020 08:25 #21 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Great point. I recently was selected for jury duty, if while being interviewed, I had already declared the defendant was guilty, they would have refused to pick me for the case.
Senator Sanders should recuse himself, and go back on the campaign trail.
Along with Warren and the other current sitting senators like Bennett. They have all shown they cannot be impartial on this case, like a bunch of GOP senators.
Mitt Romney should also stand down for the trial.

As should McConnell, Graham, and any other Senator that has already declared their decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2020 09:10 #22 by koobookie

ramage wrote: 64 million people are in that lonely covered wagon.

Attachments:

20 Jan 2020 11:06 #23 by Pony Soldier
Right, speaking of overwhelming unquestioned evidence...

20 Jan 2020 11:23 #24 by FredHayek
LOL. since General Washington was elected President, it has never been about winning the popular vote. We are the United Sates, not the United People. The Electoral College was invented to prevent large population states like California and NY from solely picking our president. Did you miss civics class that day?

koobookie wrote:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jan 2020 12:06 #25 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: LOL. since General Washington was elected President, it has never been about winning the popular vote. We are the United Sates, not the United People. The Electoral College was invented to prevent large population states like California and NY from solely picking our president. Did you miss civics class that day?

koobookie wrote:

I am fully aware of how our elections are won or lost, Fred. My point is that many people keep exclaiming "this is a coup - the will of 63 million people is being overturned." Clinton won more votes than Trump, but he won through an archaic Electoral College vote, so tell me, isn't that overturning the will of 65.3 million people?

20 Jan 2020 12:38 #26 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Unanswered Questions Thread
Civics and the Constitution are difficult for you do deal with as I read your comment. To better help you: , Until the Constitution is amended, the Electoral College vote determines the Presidency unless tied, in which case the House of Representatives will determine the Presidency and the Senate, the Vice-Presidency.
Why are you replying t your straw argument "this is a coup - the will of 63 million people is being overturned." To the best of my reading no one on this thread has ever made that statement
By the way, are all those Hillary voters in one wagon or in a village?

20 Jan 2020 13:46 #27 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Civics and the Constitution are difficult for you do deal with as I read your comment. To better help you: , Until the Constitution is amended, the Electoral College vote determines the Presidency unless tied, in which case the House of Representatives will determine the Presidency and the Senate, the Vice-Presidency.
Why are you replying t your straw argument "this is a coup - the will of 63 million people is being overturned." To the best of my reading no one on this thread has ever made that statement
By the way, are all those Hillary voters in one wagon or in a village?

Which by the way is being reviewed by SCOTUS.....See thread at top of posts....just MIGHT be
a game changer.....

21 Jan 2020 11:16 #28 by Pony Soldier
WOW! Reading through my brand new copy of "Profiles in Corruption" by Peter Schweitzer and I'm actually shocked! I knew this bunch was corrupt, but this is off the charts! I'm through with the Kamala Harris section and working through the Biden section... These people are traitors of the highest order! Trump was ABSOLUTELY right to call for an investigation!

22 Jan 2020 10:21 #29 by FredHayek
Archaic? I prefer to call it a tried and tested form of representative government. If you really don't like it, change the US Constitution. It has been working well for over two hundred years, preventing large population states from squashing smaller states. We don't have a true democracy for a reason.

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: LOL. since General Washington was elected President, it has never been about winning the popular vote. We are the United Sates, not the United People. The Electoral College was invented to prevent large population states like California and NY from solely picking our president. Did you miss civics class that day?

koobookie wrote:

I am fully aware of how our elections are won or lost, Fred. My point is that many people keep exclaiming "this is a coup - the will of 63 million people is being overturned." Clinton won more votes than Trump, but he won through an archaic Electoral College vote, so tell me, isn't that overturning the will of 65.3 million people?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds