No Democrat Path to Victory

12 Feb 2020 19:18 #1 by Rick
IAt this point I don't see any way one of these Dem candidates can get enough support to win.

I welcome anyone to show me a candidate that could unite the party to beat Trump. I just dont see any scenario at this point unless Trump was taken out in some way before the election.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2020 19:36 #2 by Blazer Bob
I do not think there is anyone. I do think they will try and groom Bloomberg to unite the party. The challenge being to get Bernie to endorse him. I think that is doable.
It won't work thought because, you know we are all Trump cultists. They could run God and we would still vote for Trump.

13 Feb 2020 06:44 #3 by homeagain
BLOOMBERG has the $$$$$....does he have votes from people of color? The path the king
is parading down WILL BE his demise....because two things will happen...Pelosi will do a
I # 2with ADDITIONAL charges, she could hold them until after the senate flips OR charge them
just before fall.....either way the king is digging his own grave...EGO run amok....ends the king's
reign. jmo

13 Feb 2020 07:27 #4 by Pony Soldier
Impeachment #2??? Really??? You think that is the winner???? You have obviously not paid any attention to the polling numbers. Trump rode out of impeachment #1 with the highest poll numbers he has ever had. Pelosi and Schiff were seen as partisan hacks, probably because they are partisan hacks. Go ahead with that I#2 and guarantee a landslide and R's taking back the House.

13 Feb 2020 07:47 #5 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Impeachment #2??? Really??? You think that is the winner???? You have obviously not paid any attention to the polling numbers. Trump rode out of impeachment #1 with the highest poll numbers he has ever had. Pelosi and Schiff were seen as partisan hacks, probably because they are partisan hacks. Go ahead with that I#2 and guarantee a landslide and R's taking back the House.

ALOT you do not understand about human nature.....when the EGO becomes so over inflated
that the individual believes he is omnipotent....THAT is beginning of the end....the king has
a belief that his POWER IS UNLIMITED....I have seen it many times in corp. america....they
are called the "golden boy or girl". They have the backing at a higher level and can do no wrong...THEN, mgmt. changes and the "golden boy or girl" becomes a mere human again, equal to those he/she thought they STOOD ABOVE....ego deflates and they are relegated to to the ranks of AVERAGE.

13 Feb 2020 07:54 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic No Democrat Path to Victory

Pony Soldier wrote: Impeachment #2??? Really??? You think that is the winner???? You have obviously not paid any attention to the polling numbers. Trump rode out of impeachment #1 with the highest poll numbers he has ever had. Pelosi and Schiff were seen as partisan hacks, probably because they are partisan hacks. Go ahead with that I#2 and guarantee a landslide and R's taking back the House.

These people crack me up LOL.

It's like the Browns having a strategy of taking down the Patriots by focusing on Tom Brady's knees instead of working on a game strategy to win. In either case, the Browns still have little chance of winning.

You'll notice HA can't see any Dem with the ability to beat Trump.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Feb 2020 08:44 #7 by FredHayek
I disagree. The only way President Trump won last time was Hillary Clinton wouldn't campaign in the Rust Belt. She thought she had it locked up. And last time, the general public didn't really have a record on Trump. He didn't run as a Republican. Now America knows what they will get with Trump. Too many of the Electoral Votes are solid blue, California, New York, the Northeast. And this time the Democrats will campaign in the Rust Belt. The only path to a Republican victory I can see is if Sanders has the nomination stolen from him and he runs as a Green candidate. Dividing the liberal vote is the only way the GOP can win.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Feb 2020 08:47 #8 by FredHayek
Impeachment 2? I can't believe the Democrats want to do this again! It only increased Trump's approval rating. And there are the same number of GOP senators so you know it will fail once more. Plus do you think House and Senate members want to be stuck in Washington again instead of campaigning in their home districts during an election year? It would be a much better use of their time to take back the Senate. Then if Trump does actually win, they could impeach him in 2021.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Feb 2020 09:03 #9 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

These people crack me up LOL.

It's like the Browns having a strategy of taking down the Patriots by focusing on Tom Brady's knees instead of working on a game strategy to win. In either case, the Browns still have little chance of winning.

You'll notice HA can't see any Dem with the ability to beat Trump.

[/b]

I have INTENTIONALLY not stated that piece of info.....it is WAY TOO EARLY IN THE YEAR.

13 Feb 2020 10:29 #10 by Pony Soldier
I'll agree with that. It is very early yet and things are likely to change dramatically in the coming months. Trump might spout off something that pisses off his base. The Kung Flu might take down China's economy starting a worldwide domino effect. Bernie may have another heart attack. Many many unforeseen things can and likely will happen.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds