ROYALLY screwed by repo's....WELCOME QE 3,4,5,etc.

13 Feb 2020 06:32 #1 by homeagain
www.ccn.com/fed-chair-jerome-powell-just...-economy-is-screwed/

WELL NOW...the truth and nothing but the TRUTH has finally been told...by the guru of gov. finance. Did you REALLY thing the repo's
weren't QE?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2020 07:33 #2 by Pony Soldier
I have zero respect for Powell's opinion and even less for CCN's interpretation of what he said. Powell is mired in Keynesian economics and can't comprehend anything beyond that model. I notice the article also points out how he just told the Senate that the economy is just fine. Can't make up his own mind? BTW, we are screwed if we keep up the spending. We have had year over year where tax collections have been record intakes and the deficit keeps rocketing up. Now, there will be no budget out of the House? Maybe Pelosi should concentrate some of her limited brain power on the people instead of partisan witch hunts...

13 Feb 2020 07:52 #3 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: I have zero respect for Powell's opinion and even less for CCN's interpretation of what he said. Powell is mired in Keynesian economics and can't comprehend anything beyond that model. I notice the article also points out how he just told the Senate that the economy is just fine. Can't make up his own mind? BTW, we are screwed if we keep up the spending. We have had year over year where tax collections have been record intakes and the deficit keeps rocketing up. Now, there will be no budget out of the House? Maybe Pelosi should concentrate some of her limited brain power on the people instead of partisan witch hunts...

NO.....he could no longer HIDE IT.....because, As I have stated all along.....the back story is
MUCH DIFFERENT than what has been portrayed..... TRUTH has a way of coming to the surface
at the most INCONVENIENT TIMES.

15 Feb 2020 09:28 #4 by FredHayek
Don't be so myopic. Interest rates are even lower in other parts of the world. They are attempting 0% home interest loans in Europe to encourage people to invest in new houses.
But back to the Fed, Americans and Europeans have become too used to really cheap money, so now whenever it goes up by even a little bit, the economy suffers. Downside? People who save are getting screwed. I am about to come into a bunch of cash from a sale of property and I cannot believe how low the interest rates are at the bank. Might as well keep it in your mattress.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Feb 2020 17:39 #5 by ramage
HA,
Is it YOUR opinion that Quantitative Easing is bad economic policy? Your post leads me to believe that QE is bad policy.

16 Feb 2020 08:50 #6 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HA,
Is it YOUR opinion that Quantitative Easing is bad economic policy? Your post leads me to believe that QE is bad policy.

www.moneycrashers.com/what-is-quantitative-easing-explained/

WHEN used properly and only for a detailed designated time....it is not bad policy.

THAT is not what has/is happening.....the expectations of QE correcting on going,egregious problems is NOT realistic. It is an ever increasing vicious cycle that compounds the balancing of the economy and then becomes a spiral downward. The fed thought repo's were going to
equalize the present problem.....then finally admitted it was,in fact, QE and the problem is
still and WILL BE present.....we have an election in the near future...the ''ROARING RECORD
ECONOMY" is a farce and the king,above all else, is AWARE of the alarming ramifications.

"IT IS GENERALLY RESERVED WHEN A COUNTRY FEELS IT HAS NO OTHER OPTIONS''
Direct quote from link....translated to WE ARE FUBARED....which is what I have continued to
state thru out ALL of the threads pertaining to this topic.

17 Feb 2020 09:49 #7 by FredHayek
Have to agree with HA, QE is just a drug. People get used to the low interest rates and then you have to lower them even more to get the same results. Plus government likes selling their debt at such low rates. The deficit would be so much worse if the Feds had to borrow at 10%.

It really helped us after the market crash, but it can be hard to turn off the spigot.

22 Feb 2020 07:50 #8 by homeagain
www.ccn.com/coronavirus-grinding-us-econ...halt-the-ugly-proof/

UN foreseen factors NOW ensure QE is here for a very long time....it's GLOBAL and gathering
speed. WAIT FOR IT

22 Feb 2020 07:53 #9 by FredHayek
Possible death spiral in China. People are not spending, so businesses don't have money to pay their workers. I wonder if China will start sending out checks to their citizens.

22 Feb 2020 09:01 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.ccn.com/coronavirus-grinding-us-econ...halt-the-ugly-proof/

UN foreseen factors NOW ensure QE is here for a very long time....it's GLOBAL and gathering
speed. WAIT FOR IT

I'm still "waiting" for your last years predictions to come true. Are we there yet mom?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds