3.28 MILLION marks a hot mess

26 Mar 2020 07:35 #1 by homeagain
finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-weekl...ch-21-153036254.html

3.28 MILLION CLAIMS AS OF TODAY.......how does this look like it is almost over? Easter is not the magic mark....FALL is the first glimmer of hope....jmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2020 08:14 - 26 Mar 2020 08:26 #2 by FredHayek
Bound to happen when you don't let people go to work unless they are essential. Governor Polis asked for non essential employees to stay home.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Mar 2020 10:06 #3 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Bound to happen when you don't let people go to work unless they are essential. Governor Polis asked for non essential employees to stay home.

What would you do, Fred? Let people go to work to assume a normal life once again? Are you willing to die for the economy?

26 Mar 2020 10:27 #4 by ramage
False premise. I would prefer to work and take the >3% chance of dying. I find it interesting that liberals have such a passion for life, yet deem abortion an essential service.

26 Mar 2020 10:40 #5 by koobookie

ramage wrote: False premise. I would prefer to work and take the >3% chance of dying. I find it interesting that liberals have such a passion for life, yet deem abortion an essential service.

and yet pro-life conservatives are telling grandma & grandpa to die.

What are we gong to do, Fred, when the hospitals fill up with covid-19 patients? It's already happening? Should we ask you to go there and choose who lives and who dies? Funny how conservatives shouted "death panels" 10 years ago, yet are promoting death panels now.

26 Mar 2020 11:43 #6 by Pony Soldier
I keep hearing this, that the hospitals are filling up and overflowing, yet in this digital age when everyone has a smart phone, I can't seem to locate any pictures of this occurring. This is just something that was pointed out on Twitter so I decided to make an idiot of the person posting, but to my surprise, found that they were right. Maybe your search skills are better than mine.

26 Mar 2020 12:03 #7 by koobookie
www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/health/coronaviru...-thursday/index.html

New York Bellevue Hospital Center created a makeshift morgue using tents and refrigerated trucks. At Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, 13 patients died from coronavirus within 24 hours.
In California, the number of cases is doubling every three to four days. And in Louisiana, where health care workers are making masks out of office supplies, hospitals are expected to run out of beds within two weeks.
If more beds don't become available, "then we don't have resources to save the lives that we need to save," former Louisiana Secretary of Health Dr. Rebekah Gee said. "That's why these stay-at-home orders are so important."

26 Mar 2020 12:18 #8 by Pony Soldier
Even that story only has a picture of one empty bed. I don’t get it. Why aren’t there pictures?

26 Mar 2020 12:30 #9 by hillfarmer
You might try looking at Spain or Italy. There are about three weeks ahead of us, and you can easily find pictures of sick people lying in the halls. As one of your own, Lindsay Graham, said, you need to trust the experts: ( sthttps://nypost.com/2020/03/25/lindsey-graham-says-to-trust-experts-on-easing-coronavirus-restrictions/ ) Or doesn't the science mean anything to you? Are you showing your true colors with these posts decrying the need for steps to slow down the virus. Are political ideology and the "economy" are more important than people's lives? Try being a part of the community that is trying to help slow this epidemic by staying put rather than simply a political pundit.

26 Mar 2020 12:41 #10 by ramage
What are we gong to do, Fred, when the hospitals fill up with covid-19 patients? It's already happening? Should we ask you to go there and choose who lives and who dies? Funny how conservatives shouted "death panels" 10 years ago, yet are promoting death panels now.

Wow! What conservatives are promoting death panels? But using your reasoning(?) it's a good thing that all those babies are aborted, because they could get sick if alive and would use hospital beds that would otherwise be available for grandma and grandpa.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds