Vote by Mail

09 Apr 2020 16:50 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Vote by Mail
Answer to your question: voter fraud.

I applaud your cock-eyed optimism that Rick receiving his mother's ballot is unique.

I have answered your question please answer mine; Do you agree that applying for an absentee ballot is the correct way to approach vote by mail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2020 17:05 #12 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Vote by Mail

ramage wrote: Answer to your question: voter fraud.

I applaud your cock-eyed optimism that Rick receiving his mother's ballot is unique.

I have answered your question please answer mine; Do you agree that applying for an absentee ballot is the correct way to approach vote by mail.

I answered your question in the previous post.

Please prove to me that voter fraud by mail is more than in the article I posted. Show me the real actual data.

09 Apr 2020 17:16 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Vote by Mail

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: Koobookie, You asked that there is no evidence of voter fraud in Colorado, Rick offered that a ballot addressed to his mother has come to him for 10 yrs. Rather than voting he discarded it.
Then you take the position that voter fraud is very low in Colorado.
Secondly by inference you state that is Rick's duty to alert the Secretary of State as to their error. How do you know that he hasn't done that?
Third, you never answered as to whether you agree that applying for an absentee ballot is the correct way to approach vote by mail.

Oh well, as is your wont, nothing to see here, move onto another topic.

Given the fact that he said the ballots have been arriving for the past 10 years, it's a safe assumption that he has noted reported it. If I were in his place, that is what I would have immediately done. I would've considered it my civic duty.

Rick's situation is a single case. It does not necessarily extrapolate out to prove extensive voter fraud. As was referenced in the article I posted, voter fraud by mail is considered very low.

I think that the method currently in place by Colorado is working well, and is the best way, rather than using an absentee ballot. I used to love voting in person. It was a hassle, as sometimes I had to stand in the rain for quite some time, but now it's a breeze. I fill out the ballot and drop it in the drop boxes, which are conveniently located .

You never answered my question about why Trump and the GOP don't want mail in ballots.

You've missed the point completely. The fact that I get my mom's ballot every election is not an indication that there is voter fraud, but it does indicate that governments, state and federal, are very inept and can not accurately identify who lives where, who is eligible to vote, and who is alive. Voting is one of the most important things we can do so it should be one of the most accurate as well. If people can cheat, they will. Not all people, but if just one is able to cancel my vote fraudulently, then that pisses me off and that should never happen. The best way to prevent voter fraud is to accurately identify who is eligible. Government is not accurate and has not been for a very long time, if ever. Giving people the opportunity to commit voter fraud is a failure of government, therefore we the people should demand that voting be as accurate as when I go the the doctor's office and present my ID and policy number so they know exactly who I am and there's no way for me to get care in someone else's name.

One more thing, every time I hear some leftist squeal about voter ID laws that are somehow racist because minorities have a hard time getting an ID, all I see is racism on their part. It's pathetic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Apr 2020 17:34 #14 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vote by Mail
As I've explained before, just because a ballot was sent out doesn't mean that someone can automatically get away with trying to fraudulently return it. If you haven't taken a tour of the Jeffco Clerk & Recorder's Office to see their process, then you can't understand the lengths to which they go to verify the authenticity of each ballot. Signatures must match, so unless you're a master forger, you aren't getting away with it.

And the point is that our president seems to think that how Colorado and many other states conduct their elections is illegal and wrong. He's saying that your vote shouldn't count. And the fact that the GOP don't want to secure our elections or proactively start working on putting paper ballot voting in place for the November election is a dereliction of duty. That Wisconsin Republicans just forced people to vote in person during a pandemic and closed polling places in the heavily populated urban city but not in rural areas blatantly displays their partisan attempts to game the system in their favor, and total disregard for their constituents health and well being. It's shameful.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

09 Apr 2020 17:40 #15 by ramage
Rick,
I apologize. I should not have spoken for you. In no way did iI mean that you were committing voter fraud, rather pointing out the opportunity to do so. Again I apologize. na aside, one of the voters in line in Wisconsin said when asked why he was there, replied "people died for my right to do this, it is the least I can do."
Koobookie,
My old eyes cannot find your answer to my question: "Do you agree that applying for an absentee ballot is the correct way to approach vote by mail".
If it doesn't inconvenience you, please post your reply or simply answer the question.

09 Apr 2020 19:07 #16 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Rick,
I apologize. I should not have spoken for you. In no way did iI mean that you were committing voter fraud, rather pointing out the opportunity to do so. Again I apologize. na aside, one of the voters in line in Wisconsin said when asked why he was there, replied "people died for my right to do this, it is the least I can do."
Koobookie,
My old eyes cannot find your answer to my question: "Do you agree that applying for an absentee ballot is the correct way to approach vote by mail".
If it doesn't inconvenience you, please post your reply or simply answer the question.

here you go.

I think that the method currently in place by Colorado is working well, and is the best way, rather than using an absentee ballot. I used to love voting in person. It was a hassle, as sometimes I had to stand in the rain for quite some time, but now it's a breeze. I fill out the ballot and drop it in the drop boxes, which are conveniently located .

09 Apr 2020 19:10 - 09 Apr 2020 19:11 #17 by ramage
Koobookie,
From your answer you do not feel that in order to cast an absentee ballot one should not need to apply. Rather a ballot should be sent to the address on file. Is that correct?

09 Apr 2020 19:17 #18 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Koobookie,
From your answer you do not feel that in order to cast an absentee ballot one should not need to apply. Rather a ballot should be sent to the address on file. Is that correct?

No, that is not what I said. There are reasons for an absentee ballot, instead of voting at the poll or via mail/drop box. There's a difference. I do not understand your concern.

09 Apr 2020 19:57 #19 by ramage
Let's try this again
Do you believe that a ballot should be sent to the address on record? Pretty simple, no?
If not how should one get their ballot by mail?

10 Apr 2020 08:06 #20 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Let's try this again
Do you believe that a ballot should be sent to the address on record? Pretty simple, no?
If not how should one get their ballot by mail?

Where else would a ballot be sent? I am confused by the direction of your question.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds