Vote by Mail

10 Apr 2020 08:15 #21 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Vote by Mail
Sorry, I should have been more explicit. Will it be sent registered mail, return receipt requested, certified, or simply put in one's mailbox along with all the other 1st and 3rd class mail?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2020 08:22 #22 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Vote by Mail

ramage wrote: Sorry, I should have been more explicit. Will it be sent registered mail, return receipt requested, certified, or simply put in one's mailbox along with all the other 1st and 3rd class mail?

Right now, Colorado sends out ballots along with all other usual mail. It is not registered mail, or receipt requested. Unless you have some other information, it appears to be working very well at this time. I don't think that absentee ballots are mailed in any other manner, either, but I'm not sure.

Here is the Colorado Secretary of State FAQ's
www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/FAQs/mailBallotsFAQ.html

Every voter receives a mail ballot. The ballot will be sent to the mailing address you provided for your voter registration file. To check the address on file, or to make any changes to your voter registration visit www.GoVoteColorado.gov .

10 Apr 2020 09:39 #23 by ramage
washingtontimes.com 2/27/2020
By James Varney - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 27, 2020
A watchdog group threatened to sue three states Thursday if they do not police their voting registration rolls more diligently before the November elections.
The rolls in some counties of Colorado, Florida and Michigan are suspiciously high, sometimes exceeding the number of voting-age adults there, said the Honest Election Project.
The group sent letters to the secretaries of state in Colorado, Florida and Michigan — each a crucial 2020 presidential battleground — demanding they take legally required steps to ensure their lists are accurate and inform the group of the measures they have taken before November.

In Colorado, one of the counties is Jefferson County.

Westword 1/3/20
In a letter sent to Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder George Stern and Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold in December, an attorney with the conservative nonprofit Judicial Watch alleged that Jefferson County is violating federal law by not making a “reasonable effort” to purge ineligible voters from its rolls.

As an aside, I still receive mail from the State of Colorado and other entities addressed to the previous owners of my house, and I purchased it more than 10 years ago. Will I receive their ballots? It may be or not that they purged themselves from the voter roles as the left the state.

10 Apr 2020 09:43 #24 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Vote by Mail
I am willing to give Jefferson County more credit than some. My mom died last year. She did not get a ballot this year, but my dad did. So I think they are up to date. I do wonder about people who vote for the other members of the household.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Apr 2020 07:55 #25 by ramage
"About 16.4 million mail-in ballots went missing in the 2016 and 2018 elections, data provided to Breitbart News reveals.

The data from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission and the Election Administration and Voting Surveys for 2016 and 2018, provided by the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF), shows that between the 2016 and 2018 elections, roughly 16.4 million ballots mailed to registered voters went missing.
In the 2018 election, about 42.4 million ballots were mailed to registered voters. Of those mailed, more than one million were undeliverable, more than 430,000 were rejected, and nearly 10.5 million went missing.

The 2016 election showed similar discrepancies. That year, about 41.6 million ballots were mailed to registered voters. Of those mailed, more than 568,000 were undeliverable, nearly 320,000 were rejected, and close to six million went missing.

“Putting the election in the hands of the United States Postal Service would be a catastrophe. In 2018 and 2016, there were 16 million missing and misdirected ballots,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said in a statement. He went on:

These represent 16 million opportunities for someone to cheat. Absentee ballot fraud is the most common; the most expensive to investigate; and can never be reversed after an election. The status quo was already bad for mail balloting. The proposed emergency fix is worse."
John Binder 4/10/20 breitbart.com

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds